Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

Quote[/b] ]-Release date?

No exact date yet, ArmA is supposedly finished by middle of the summer/begin of autumn (Fall). Official date: H1 this year.

Perhaps a little change: 2006 Q3

OFP addons include humvee's with grenade launchers,50 cal's,M60 machine guns and TOW missile launcher.

Take a look at them sometime.

Those are modded wink_o.gif

(+I thought that the grenade/missle launchers on cars used some kind of engine-workaround?  huh.gif )

Aside from ducking and reworked animation sand camera angle (yaknow..when you try to use a humvee mounted weapon on something in the air and the camera just won't move?) I don't see why they would change it. But hey,what the hell do I know eh? biggrin_o.gif now off to sleep..the tomatoes call..

Will ArmA feature artillery?

Yes. The player will be able to call down air strikes or artillery strikes.

They say so, but I'm wondering about is if this is just scripts or real-time artillery shooting.

Yeah! I hope that it isn't scripted like in BF 2 (The demo was the only one i played :P). I hope that you , as an artilleryman, can change the angle like your commander told you. It would be great to attack a target, which is 10 km away^^.

telejunky

Guest Ti0n3r

Well the artillery in BF2 is excellent and pretty much unscripted wink_o.gif

Well the artillery in BF2 is excellent and pretty much unscripted wink_o.gif

Eh? IIRC from the demo, there were 4 cannons just shooting right up in the sky, and the bombs fell randomly where a commander clicked on the map? Hows that unscripted? It would be like camcreating shells? tounge2.gif

The artillery works,its the team mates ya gotta watch out for really,you'll peg more team mates than enemies with artillery rofl.gif

saddly..

The way the artillery worked is that you click a spot on the map,a red circle with the marker would appear,team mates would think this is a candy sign and come running to it. The artillery would hit in the general vacinity of the target,not neccessarily directly on it,afterwards your team mates would get pissed and swear at you for daring to drop artillery on them when they weren't looking at their HUD.

Though I have to admit,one thing in bf2 I like is how the missile controls are on helicopters,in OFP its a pretty simple click and fire,90% garunteed hits,whereas bf2 you have to guide the missile to its target. Now wether or not thats correct,I think TOW might be like that since its wire guided by hellfires I don't know,but it would be nice to have somethin other than click fire,boom,click,fire,boom...ah well..Game2.

Q.

Will the M1A1 Abrams have the proper crew load out?

4: Tank Commander, Driver, Gunner, Loader.

Though I have to admit,one thing in bf2 I like is how the missile controls are on helicopters,in OFP its a pretty simple click and fire,90% garunteed hits,whereas bf2 you have to guide the missile to its target. Now wether or not thats correct,I think TOW might be like that since its wire guided by hellfires I don't know,but it would be nice to have somethin other than click fire,boom,click,fire,boom...ah well..Game2.

Wire guiding exists in OFP. Play in veteran mode wink_o.gif

Q.

I don't think a loader would be much of use tounge2.gif What can he do; press "load" button? biggrin_o.gif

Q.

I don't think a loader would be much of use tounge2.gif What can he do; press "load" button? biggrin_o.gif

He would be in the left side gunner hole on the 240Gulf machine gun when he is riding with the hatch open.

That's one more set of eyes on the battlefield.

Wire guiding exists in OFP. Play in veteran mode wink_o.gif

Ouch,good point,I'll have to try that sometime,mostly where I tried it was online and it was a simple click,boom,anyway shuttin my newbie self up tounge2.gif

A loader..well..in terms of abrams tanks the loader has his/her own gun,the problem is what of other tanks? T-80's and T-72's don't have these,not to mention that if you come across a person online that just doesn't feel like reloading it or something of that matter,your rather screwed. Now if the loader had more things to do then it might be an option but as it stands,it would be useless and a vast grave digger.

I just noticed somethin odd while lookin through my screen shot archive,can't believe I didn't see it before.

pic4vi.jpg

Guest Ti0n3r

That they're wearing the same ACU cam as the ones closer to the camera? zomg zomg. WIP

Take a look at the yellow box,there are two people turned out,commander and loader position,more interesting rather than odd.

Argh no you people use your eyes :P Look at the positions.

Guest Ti0n3r

Haha sorry then whistle.gifsmile_o.gif

No harm done smile_o.gif

I duno,I just find it intriguing that there is a soldier turned out in the commander position and where the loader would be,unless say tanks can hold 4 people now but like the M1A2SEP addon,where the fourth position is basicly a cargo seat,correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't the gunner able to turn out in the M1A2SEP? It may be the same thing..I don't know,its just interesting to theorize a bit as long as theres no OMFG THEY NEED TO FIX THAT WTF?! stuff going on.

nicely spotted meya, never noticed it before smile_o.gif.we were told of course but now we see how it will look.

No harm done smile_o.gif

I duno,I just find it intriguing that there is a soldier turned out in the commander position and where the loader would be,unless say tanks can hold 4 people now but like the M1A2SEP addon,where the fourth position is basicly a cargo seat,correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't the gunner able to turn out in the M1A2SEP? It may be the same thing..I don't know,its just interesting to theorize a bit as long as theres no OMFG THEY NEED TO FIX THAT WTF?! stuff going on.

No, the gunner doesn't have a hatch. Being in the gunner seat once. M1A1 Abrams.

When you think of the gunner hole, he is just below the Tank commander. Literally below and forward. The two are as close as possible. The TC's feet are just behind the gunners shoulders.

From that pic with the yellow box, that is the TC and the loader with the hatches up. So I would ass-ume that it will be 4 total in the Abrams.

In OFP as gunner you could turn out, so I bet they simply let the Gunner and Commander both turn out. People have realism expectations too high for ArmA. Personally this is a fine balance since there is no loader, and a loader for a game would be retarded and boring.

I know,the gunner would sit around the nose area of the turret and there is no hatch,problem with the gunner turning out is,well...people will want to mod the abrams to have the 50 call AND M240,thus causing a bit of conflict in that sense.

In OFP as gunner you could turn out, so I bet they simply let the Gunner and Commander both turn out. People have realism expectations too high for ArmA. Personally this is a fine balance since there is no loader, and a loader for a game would be retarded and boring.

well there it is. retarded and boring. Case closed on wondering about the 4th spot then icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not worried about absolute perfection in the realism department. I am just wondering if that 4th spot is going to be available.

That's one more spot for a team player to be in, or one more for the AI to ride in. I don't know why everyone is worried about how "boring" it would be to be in that spot. Put AI there then. Or turn out when riding and man the gun.

Remember, when your in MP and the tanks full at three, and your walking, that it is retarded and boring...

AI will fill the loaders position gladly.

Then we might aswell leave them out? tounge2.gif