Sign in to follow this  
-TheOne-

Car running on water?

I'm very intriged by their 'very unique electrolysis process', as I didn't think there was currently any way to do this efficiently enough.

Thats truly amazing wow_o.gif (It is real right?)

He'd make a fortune and it would sort out some of the problems of 'Global Warming'.

However, how long before the big oil companies flex their muscle and get congress to band.gif the technology?  sad_o.gif

Biscuit

Probably fake, I doubt a man could make such a thing in his garage.

Yeah... all you need is a portable electric powerplant spitting out noxious fumes and you'll have the ability to supply enough electric power to this water burning vehicle. crazy_o.gif

well that was intresting! can any one confirm this? any articles on the net? Ill go check my self now, ill edit back if i find any thing.

Probably fake. Besides, you should get less energy out of the gas than what you use to create it, unless this guy have found some way around it, which is very unlikely, cause if he's that intelligent he wouldn't have to make that thing in his garage... whistle.gif

This seems to be just a hydrogen powered device. Electrolysis split water into hydrogen and oxygen, which then burn to form water - hance that water formation. This is a very violent reaction and is used to power the space shuttle - I am not surprised it melted these things.

However, that car is most likely a fake as the electricity used in the electrolysis comes from the rotation of the motor. For it to work he would have to create energy from nowhere (or have a really big battery biggrin_o.gif )

If it was true, it would probably have appeared in new scientist or another more scientific journal. (It is Fox after all icon_rolleyes.gif )

He said he's rigged it up to run on both water and petrol? atleast i believe he did, so i assume he uses the petrol to power the Electrolysis process.

No I dont think the petrol powered the prosses, because he said he could run it on water alone. The only thing that makes me believe this is fake is because I havent heard more about this on the news. If it is real I would expect there to be alot of noise about it.

What happens when the temperature gets below freezing? huh.gif

-Pilot

You get a two dollar/euro bottle of antifreeze? yay.gif

Hi all

This concept and variants of it have been around for decades the concept is not new.

http://www.netmar.com/~maat/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

I can hear you now what about conservation of energy!?

Basically they are using a metal that has had energy put into it by its smelting process as a battery to then liberate hydrogen which is burned as a fuel and a metal oxide is created.

The big question is what level of pollution is created in making the metal. In order to create the metal you must input energy.

It has always been possible to replace petrol but the big oil companies spend a lot of money quashing hydrogen fueled vehicles there was even a 1960s hydrogen fueled turbine car. It was cheap to run and no polluting; at the exhaust of turbine but where does the energy to create the hydrogen come from?

I have an answer for this and if I can get say 1 million share holders at 20 dollars a go I can provide a low cost and low pollution (generating facilities only) method of achieving the initial energy to create the hydrogen.

We could then use the hydrogen to smelt the metal and recover the oxide to recreate the metal infinitely.

The best metals to use are magnesium or aluminum.

In the short term. Anyone can use aluminum foil in this kind of engine. Such an engine would cost less to run than a petrol engine at today's prices. That said as more people used such a method the price would rise.

The problem is how the aluminum is produced.

Aluminum is created mainly using hydro electric power; so it is currently cheap, minimally polluting at that stage however the ore used to create aluminum is mined and quarried that is polluting but the aluminum in such a battery can be recovered as aluminum oxide in the bottom of the tank and then sent back through the smelt process. So Pollution from the mining and quarrying would be balanced out and near zero over time.

But there is a limit to how much hydro power we can use. Anyone want a Dam at the bottom of there soon to be underwater garden?

Still we have my method which will work and is probably cleaner than hydro electric power. 20 million US dollar bills or better still Euros needed to set up the company and we can be bigger than Texaco, Mobil, BP and Shell within ten years smile_o.gif Any venture capitalists out there?  

Kind Regards Walker

Here-here, walker's going conservative on us, raising the needful question people like to avoid of how to make Hydrogen. rofl.gif

Here-here, walker's going conservative on us, raising the needful question people like to avoid of how to make Hydrogen. rofl.gif

Hi Shin

But I know how to make the hydrogen without polluting.

Any one got the 20 Million dollars or Preferably Euros to pay the startup costs?

Kind Regards Walker

everyone knows how to extract hydrogen from water, it requires alot of energy tho, the problem with it is its uneconomical, oil we have we are so dependant on because its so cheap, u suck it out of the ground you refine it a bit and wulla large quantities of cheap fuel. At the moment most hydrogen is extracted from natural gas.

"

It has always been possible to replace petrol but the big oil companies spend a lot of money quashing hydrogen fueled vehicles there was even a 1960s hydrogen fueled turbine car. It was cheap to run and no polluting; at the exhaust of turbine but where does the energy to create the hydrogen come from?"

Conspiracy theroys, countries including the US and others who have billions to throw at things would love to not be dependant on oil of which the majority comes from the middle east where organisations like opec have control over prices. People are complaining about current oil prices but these alternatives are vastly more costly.

What the story was about was someguy who had supposedly found a highly effient way of using electrolysis to extract hydrogen from water.

Hi HellToupee

Methane as a source of hydrogen is polluting as it is a fosil fuel. Guess again.

I have never thought the US blocks hydrogen as a transportable battery.

I do think big oil blocks hydrogen as a transportable battery. With the billions of dollars they have invested in oil reserves they would be stupid not to.

The US is not big oil. Big oil is just some fat old conservatives from all over the world with too much money and a conservative hatred of inovation. Innnovation disrupts their source of income.

Conservative means maintaining the status-quo so the already fat cat can stay fat.

It is an economic and historical fact that no industry lasts much more than 100 years. Innnovation gets rid of them. Innovation is liberal and anti conservative and gets rid of such obsolete conservative industry.

I know how to extract the hydrogen from another source which is non polluting and the original energy generation source is also none polluting.

Any one got the 20 Million dollars or Preferably Euros to pay the startup costs?

Anyone want to be in at the start on a company that will be bigger than Texaco, Mobil, BP and Shell combined within ten years?

Kind Regards Walker

I know how to extract the hydrogen from another source which is non polluting and the original energy generation source is also none polluting.

Solar hydrogen?

Hi Avon

Solar is a possible source of original generating energy.

Big problems you would have to cover a lot of land with solar panels. You cannot grow crops on that land. The cost of producing enough solar panels is very high. You would have to use the deserts. It would be very visually polluting. Transporting the hydrogen source to the generating plant would be exorbitant as would transporting the energy as electricity to the hydrogen source.

You could use solar panels on roofs but you then have your cost of transporting the hydrogen source to the each house.

Nah guess again Avon.

I also know ways to extract additional energy from the hydrogen fueled city electricity generators to make them more efficient and methods to produce useful byproducts from the whole process, such as food and several metals that can be used in the engines already mentioned in the original post. These would increase the whole industries profitability.

Any one got the 20 Million dollars or Preferably Euros to pay the start-up costs?

Anyone want to be in at the start on a company that will be bigger than Texaco, Mobil, BP and Shell combined within ten years?

Kind Regards Walker

If only I had 20 million euros lying around ....

Hi Avon

Solar is a possible source of original generating energy.

Big problems you would have to cover a lot of land with solar panels. You cannot grow crops on that land. The cost of producing enough solar panels is very high. You would have to use the deserts. It would be very visually polluting. Transporting the hydrogen source to the generating plant would be exorbitant as would transporting the energy as electricity to the hydrogen source.

You could use solar panels on roofs but you then have your cost of transporting the hydrogen source to the each house.

Nah guess again Avon.

I also know ways to extract additional energy from the hydrogen fueled city electricity generators to make them more efficient and methods to produce useful byproducts from the whole process, such as food and several metals that can be used in the engines already mentioned in the original post. These would increase the whole industries profitability.

Any one got the 20 Million dollars or Preferably Euros to pay the start-up costs?

Kind Regards Walker

Actually theres a new method in producing a new type of solar panels developed here in Denmark, which decresed the cost of producing it by many. (its around 1/50) of the cost...

Let me see if I can find the article...

Hi Espectro

You still have the land costs. You still have the hydrogen source transportation cost.

Kind Regards Walker