Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

NO jets in ArmA?

NO jet in ArmA?

If you look at this page at the bottom it has a OFP vs. ArmA and under the vehicles for ArmA it doesnt say Jets

OFP : Autos, Tanks, Heli, Jets, and boats

ArmA : Autos, Tanks, Heli , and boats

http://ofpc.de/screenshots/184/22022.jpg

Now I dont know german, so maybe I'm missing something :-P

Guest Ti0n3r

I think that preview is full of mistakes. sad_o.gif

I bet we'll see updated versions of the good ole' BIS Thunderbolt and BIS Frogfoot sooner or later whistle.gif

Hopefully huh.gifwow_o.gif

i havnt seen any screenshots with them in yet huh.gif

Hopefully  huh.gif  wow_o.gif

i havnt seen any screenshots with them in yet  huh.gif

well... if there's more than 50+ vehicles, we haven't seen most of the vehicles (like jets for example biggrin_o.gif )

I seem to remember that a Russian jet was mentioned in one interview (SU25)? ... though whether that was actully for Game 2 I can't be sure.

Guest Ti0n3r

I guees it has to do with Codemasters. Copyright blah blah confused_o.gif

But I heard that BIS were planning on releasing the Elite/OFP content (or some of it) as a free addon pack. That's NOT official though. Check the news archive @ ArmedAssault.EU

PS: Firingsquad @ April 28

Quote[/b] ]...right now we're looking at something like 50+ vehicles (everything from civilian cars, humvees, APC's, tanks, helicopers, planes) and around 40 different weapons.

Behold the power that is Placebo smile_o.gif

OH right on......wait planes.....like pipers? Awww its all about playing with words until we hear other wise. It kind fun

Even if they aren't stock vehicles, someone will probably make them!

i hope we have a bigger variaty instead of ..

A10 - A10 LGB

Su25

Plane

:/ like origo ofp LOL

although they would obs be modern aircraft right?

True...the island is sm...wait no it aint...they may just be saving it for a "last moment' thing..OFP has the capability of jets,I see no reason why AA wouldn't,and getting rid of that would piss off a large portion of the community no doubt...remember,what these "preiviewers" see and say are two different things,not to mention as secretive as BIS is,I wouldn't be suprised if they hdi the jets from them,afterall,the people are just reveiwers that can go back and lie (like they did with OFP:E),so why bother showing them everything you have?

I saw a video with the F-22A I think, so maybe thats a good sign.

There are a plethora of aircraft in the community - you can garuantee that some of those will be converted. thumbs-up.gif

True, but my thought is if they are not supported by the game they will be monkeyed in to work. Kinda like the Heli's in Desert Combat for BF2 (oops I mean BF1942)

Better helis with realistic weapons/systems (flir, radar) would be enough for me...

True, but my thought is if they are not supported by the game they will be monkeyed in to work. Kinda like the Heli's in Desert Combat for BF2

you mean BF1942...

anyways i my self hope there will be jets and so on... They most likely will, but then again who knows?

Guest Ti0n3r

If Placebo says there will be planes then I'm pretty sure there will be. And modern planes = Jets.

There must be planes! They belong to Operation Flashpoint. Else, there will be no air-support by with bombs or rockets. Only helicopters, sea gulls and flies? I cant believe that.

This is absurd ofcourse there will be jets in ArmA. Why would BIS take one step backward now? That article has several kooky things in it anyway so i don't know how trustworthy it is, 10km viewdistance, yea right! now that would seriously make me jump cause thats near realistic viewdistance (IRL on a nice sunny day you can see about 30-40km on an open field, i think, i don't know exactly, i'm dumb).

Only 22 vehicles? We already have confirmation of a lot more... yarr whats wrong with those interviewers the text was funny and all it was a good read but so many infos contradict what we already knew about ArmA so whats up i'm confused, those germans confused me and i was already pretty confused about ArmA.

I would only want jets in arma if the physics were given a much needed improvement and if speed was fixed considering most jets are pointless, flying at over 1000mph and covering an entire map in under a second was daft, i want to drop a laser guided bomb through a window whilst at altitude smile_o.gif

(IRL on a nice sunny day you can see about 30-40km on an open field, i think, i don't know exactly, i'm dumb).

In IRL you can see so far that you can`t see any further anymore due to the fact the earth is round and all there is to see disappears over the horizont. That is most apparent when on a boat on the sea.

Otherwise RL VD is pretty hardcore. If you climb a mountain you can see a sea that is 100km away and stuff.

Or if you look up you can see the moon that is thousands of miles away. rofl.gif

In a modern day conflict, US Troops has to have air support. How can`t they have CAS? No Carrier nearby? It`s a matter of a few days, that a carrier with all it`s support is in reach of any US forces on planet earth. huh.gif

True, but my thought is if they are not supported by the game they will be monkeyed in to work. Kinda like the Heli's in Desert Combat for BF2 (oops I mean BF1942)

Why would they remove something that's already there?

Anyways the A-10 and Su-25 (as the updated Su-39) are still used by the US and Russian militaries, so there is a chance that at least one of them will still be there, if not then we'll se some completely new ones.

(IRL on a nice sunny day you can see about 30-40km on an open field, i think, i don't know exactly, i'm dumb).

In IRL you can see so far that you can`t see any further anymore due to the fact the earth is round and all there is to see disappears over the horizont. That is most apparent when on a boat on the sea.

Otherwise RL VD is pretty hardcore. If you climb a mountain you can see a sea that is 100km away and stuff.

Or if you look up you can see the moon that is thousands of miles away.  rofl.gif

I don't know, but for me everything disappears into a blueish haze after 30 kms. I should start climbing mountains where the air is thinner and take a look how it is there.

Fast jets like F-15 and SU-27 were pretty useless in OFP, though A-10 just kicked ass. I hope this rumour inst true.

Some one was saying 'only 22 vehicles' well there were only 22 in original OFP (not including civilian ones). I suppose if they got rid of some of the older ones (like M60 and Jeep) it would make sense