Sign in to follow this  
martinitram

Novajev Island Released

After more than one year of hard work the final Version of Novajev island is finished.

What you get is an eastern-europe syle island with detailed villages, small towns and a lot of scenic places smile_o.gif

The idea of Novajev was to create a highly detailed island with accurate towns and villages. Though it is based on Nogova it has almost nothing in common with it, except the general landscape (which has been changed a lot, too). Novajev does not need any foreign objects, only BIS-Objects (Resistance)

and the included file "TerpIslObj" are needed. Simply copy the two .pbo-files into your res/addons directory.

We hope you enjoy it:)

Some Facts:

* 2 Small Airports

* A lot of detailed, scenic villages (mostly on the eastern part of the island)

* 2 Bridges and one pass-route connecting the western to the eastern part of the island

* 3 Accurate towns

* A lot of private territories marked with fences

* Details, details, details......

martinitram

Some Screenshots:

01k.jpg02k.jpg03k.jpg

04k.jpg05k.jpg06k.jpg

Download link (Mirrors allowed): Novajev Island

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Hey martinitram!

Just had a quick-fly over the island...wow wow_o.gif ...its really, really good.

Novajev actually looks like a real place, e.g; the houses and objects are placed so that it looks as if the towns and villages were built not just placed on the map.

I especially like the courtyards in the largest city, they give the place a kind of peacefulness (which won't last for long when the tanks roll in! pistols.gif )

Only one gripe though, there's no anim sad_o.gif , but this in no way affects the quality of this island

Once again a really nice piece of work.

Regards Biscuit  notworthy.gif

Kickass.

Thanks, I've been looking forward to this release for a while now. Looks to be high-quality, I'll be using this for a long time to come, I think.

Edit:

- A ReadMe, would probably be a good idea.

Its good to see a high quality island that doesn't require me to download 500mb worth of required addons. Nice job.

it is based on Nogova it has almost nothing in common with it, except the general landscape

Heh easiest part of island editing is doing the TERRAIN, so it escapes me why you did all the hard work by "hand" and left the most easiest task to be copied from Nogova. I dont get it...

LOL, Snakeman.  I think the terrain is the hard part for me.   Guess we all have the parts of any project that we dread.

Edit: Is this (somewhat) compatible with the Resistance campaign? Say like 20 of 25 missions are playable? I guess there's only one way to find out.

it is based on Nogova it has almost nothing in common with it, except the general landscape

Heh easiest part of island editing is doing the TERRAIN, so it escapes me why you did all the hard work by "hand" and left the most easiest task to be copied from Nogova. I dont get it...

Simply because I didn't want to create a completely new Landscape. Nogovas landscape is quite good so far, so I could use my whole time for placing the objects and some minor changes in landscape (e.g. lowering the eastern part of the island).........

@all: Thx for the feedback.....I am really looking forward to read more of your comments  smile_o.gif

martinitram.

Can also be a bit of 'complaining', yes? wink_o.gif It always kind of shivers me, when I see an airport on such small peices of rocks like islands for ofp are (I know I know, a matter of versatility but still, where's there a realism please, also the airports are a deadly enemy for the realistical conflict scenarios), and this one have two of them! Also you've been not genorous with a wooden areas; I'm kind of sick off of those grassy steps ... And I miss an Intro anim (had been said already).

But don't mind me; very good job otherwise, been waiting for this island to be finished quite some time. The idea of re-using a familiar landscape is great.

Island is pretty good for tanker and / or Mechanized Infantry operations. Also decent for airmobile ops. I'm pretty impressed with the way everything's laid out, and it doesn't resemble Nogova all that much to me, except in 'basic shape.' A lot has changed, and for the better, in my opinion.

Although without those mountains, it is decidedly no longer the place to wage a guerilla war.

This Island is the best i've ever seen. Now that the pain of waiting for it is over i feel like i lost something very important (where are my keys, damnit! wink_o.gif ).

Though i think Novajev will fill the place very well. smile_o.gif

Thank you very much for letting us enjoy such a masterpiece.

Please dont say this will be the last island you've made for ofp/ArmA. Such talent shouldnt be wasted. But i reckon making an island takes time, sorry, ages. confused_o.gif

Its good to see a high quality island that doesn't require me to download 500mb worth of required addons. Nice job.

I totally agree, great job. Give yourself a pat on the back for this one.

Monty

Hi,

The beta releases were very promising and I am glad to see that the finished island has turned out so good. This is going to occupy one of the top spots for favourite OFP terrain.

Regards,

Sander

Hi,

This is a masterpiece, I like it very much. Using lots of small farms is a great idea, so if you didn't patented it I'll use on my island too smile_o.gif

How did you put the poles besides the road? Did it one-by-one, or is it possible to speed up the process?

Terrain generation is an easy process. Just find the elevation data made by a satellite radar on NASA's FTP site, and use it smile_o.gif

Like this:

ftp://e0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov/srtm/version1/Eurasia/

Hi,

This is a masterpiece, I like it very much. Using lots of small farms is a great idea, so if you didn't patented it I'll use on my island too smile_o.gif

How did you put the poles besides the road? Did it one-by-one, or is it possible to speed up the process?

Terrain generation is an easy process. Just find the elevation data made by a satellite radar on NASA's FTP site, and use it smile_o.gif

Like this:

Hi kubi,

I had to put the poles one-by-one, I don't know a way to speed that up, sorry.....

Generation of Terrain may be easy.........but I didn't want to create a new one, because Nogova's Terrain is quite good as base for an island. I didn't change the terrain so much .....I only changed the north-eastern part (lowered to 80% of original height), did some minor changes at the southern coast of the western part and some changes here and there, and that's it. smile_o.gif

martinitram

@revan999: Thx for the mirrors.

Sure, you are right, Nogova has a very good shape.

Maybe you should blur the terrain a bit to avoid small sharp edges (totally IMHO smile_o.gif)

I've found some dislocation on the bridges:

- on south bridge the first from east and the second

- on north bridge approx in the middle

And as usual AIs can't use the bridge properly sad_o.gif

What do you think if the bridge size is scaled up by 10..50% will at least AI inf use it properly? Upscale may make it ugly (larger lamps etc), but maybe it is useable...

What do you people use to edit the terrain in a smooth way? When I upload a new terrain it removes all the roads? Or is that a limitation of using WRP Tool.

Brilliant island by the way, superb object placements. smile_o.gif

Tried the rebuild function for the roads?

In ofp they should appear on ground as it doesnt accept negative height values.

Hi,

Like this:

can you provide details on how to use it? Also is there a catalog of what these files are?