Sign in to follow this  
WWII

What Atomic Bomb is this?

Anyone know where to get this atomic bomb addon?

060205225522631.jpg

it looks like the coc torpedo pack's russian nuclear underwater rocket with johns replacement smoke and fire fx.

it looks like the coc torpedo pack's russian nuclear underwater rocket with johns replacement smoke and fire fx.

yer i'd say its either coc's or B61 nuke by xenom with johns effects

+ a bit photoshopping

stunning picture aswell smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Thats Photoshop its got to be! Even John's effects dont look that good.

Thats Photoshop its got to be! Even John's effects dont look that good.

Actually I recognise the cloudlets, I reckon it is photoshopped, but only motion blur has been added, perhaps also some sharpening/blurring, but the main content isn't photoshopped

Damn, I know that we are playing a war game, but don't you find it damn sick that pictures of atom bomb blasts are being called amazing and stunning?

Everyone who ever saw pictures of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki victims should cease to think so IMHO. It's a matter of respect and humanity, those things are no toys.

Damn, I know that we are playing a war game, but don't you find it damn sick that pictures of atom bomb blasts are being called amazing and stunning?

Everyone who ever saw pictures of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki victims should cease to think so IMHO. It's a matter of respect and humanity, those things are no toys.

Well, you can play that game with every aspect of a game that simulates violence.

For example: What about all those innocent people that died of "Smart Bombs"? What about all those civilians that die everyday because of bomblets from cluster bombs  that did not explode and turned into landmines?

As you said, it's only a game and in the end nobody and nothing gets harmed (except bits and bytes).

And I think that even those people who "admire" the look and effect of a scripted nuke, never would like to have a nuke detonated in real life.

Keep in mind, we need to differ games and reality.

Wow...You're playing the right game icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, atomic bombs and their explosions are evil! But the explosion is a good looking spectacle, ingame or real. And this is a game. And in this community, I think, the most people understand the difference between reality and game. Better ingame than in real!

Edit:

And this are CoC nukes and smoke/fire effects.

The sight of a nuclear blast is full of beaty its effect is not smile_o.gif i can appreciate a lion while still fearing it.

Well... goes a tad off-topic but... I don't remember where exactly, in the good ol' USSR, Kazachstan (?) was it, well anyways. They tested A-bombs somewhere there and off course warned the locals when they were making a test. Well, the locals did pack and leave their homes - for a picnic. Isn't it nice to have a good sandwich, enjoy the sunshine and look at a beautiful glowing mushroom cloud, eh?

crazy_o.gif

guys guys, if it will come to the atomic bombs, it will mean it's the last sollution...

except those in hirosima and nagasaki, u.s. wanted to save time, save soldier's lives, economical resources, test and show it's real arsenal of nuclear weapons.

oh yeah, they forgot humanity, but hey, almost all military new toys are being tested like that, only after it's succesfull and amazing results some people remember humanity... but only some... you know DU rounds are so widely used in U.S. military and some other countryes... ironicaly

Yep, It's a pic by Parvus of a CoC nuke with John's cloudlet effects and an edited blur. Stunning picture. And for argument's sake, it's a tactical nuke, designed for military targets only with minimal fallout. Not really to be compared with the dreadful bombs that were used against Japan.

Please people STOP THE INSANITY and JUST talk about the addons. We do not care about your personal beliefs in this matter and straying offtopic like this, over and over is stupid.

--Ben

Please people STOP THE INSANITY and JUST talk about the addons. We do not care about your personal beliefs in this matter and straying offtopic like this, over and over is stupid.

benreeper sorry but you sudden outburst offends me in a way you sound like you dont care about the belifes of others i know this thread has gone oftopic but nukes have a reason cause they are so deadly.

anyway its the belife of others that addons and mods worked

im sorry if i caused offence but it need to be said

That's an over-reaction. You could say exactly the same thing to people who describe rifle and tank addons as 'great' or 'awesome' or 'gorgeous' etc..

In fact for that matter you could say the same thing about people who describe a type of car as 'gorgeous' or 'stunning'. You could (if you wanted to) point out to them that this is offensive, given how much cars contribute to greenhouse gases and given how many people burn to death in cars each day around the world etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc...........................................................

It's a game which means it's ok to do violent stuff like that here because nobody is being so much as scratched and not providing people with an outlet for frustration, creativity, and imagination is as dangerous as any weapon in the long term.

Back On-Topic:

Did we track down where that addon can be found? I saw a link but it wasn't clickable. Addon has incredibly good artwork thumbs-up.gif

oh come on m8 i'm hardly advocating the use of nuclear weapons

they are the worst abomination known to man..

but..visually the explosion is a magnificant sight.. not that i wouldn't piss myself with fear if i saw a real one on the horizon

your too young to remember but when i was a nipper this cold war shit was real scary and probably i'm a bit too young to remember the scariest times..

and bringing up nagasaki and hiroshima is just going to end up and huge political flame war most probably :P the guy only wanted to know if it was an addon

so lets lighten up the OT convo thats started....

whos' seen the film dr. strangelove ?? biggrin_o.gif

drstrangelove1964ld-794294.gif

While i respect other people's views, stop arguing and just answer the bloody question.

Whoever knows what it is can PM you.