Sign in to follow this  
sniper pilot

An Observation

in elite..

1.jpg

but in the arma pic theres no blur what so ever

Well if they are going to realism you should not see blur on screenshots because it just 'stops motion' as in OFP - you can catch flying missiles and shells. I believe that is the case and not that they lack some sort of fancy blur effect. What would be the logic of having non-blurred missiles and shells in-flight and blurred rotors at the same time?

I believe also AA has more advanced GFX than OFP:E and better engine, thus no such crappy looking rotor blur effects.

The rotor blades *really* move, not just turn into a blurry texture. Naturally they move so fast you can't see the blades in-game but screenshots reveal them.

thats what im hoping for but for system performance issues woulnt having them constantly spinning have quite a negative effect? epecially with 4-5 choppers at the same time

Quote[/b] ]thats what im hoping for but for system performance issues woulnt having them constantly spinning have quite a negative effect? epecially with 4-5 choppers at the same time

Im no programming expert but having few low-poly rotor blades spinning at fast speeds should not cause any serious performance issues in my opinion. For example a fast-spinning detailed vehicle wheel is not a performance issue in OFP either.

Woah, cant belive where having this discussion. Do you honesly think bis would not include any kind of effect for choppers blades moving? and theyll jus be static as they fly around? christ im pretty sure BIS havnt forgotten to to add any sort of rotor blur effect or simply have them move around in a circle really fast.

People really do nit pick at the littlest things every time i screenys release! Be happy weve got multigunner posistions!

hey im not nit picking, just trying to point out a possibly cool new feature type thing.

oh and just because weve seen a pic with 2 guns on a chopper doesnt mean there is multiple gunners now. i hope there is but dont get your hope sup

Quote[/b] ]thats what im hoping for but for system performance issues woulnt having them constantly spinning have quite a negative effect? epecially with 4-5 choppers at the same time

Im no programming expert but having few low-poly rotor blades spinning at fast speeds should not cause any serious performance issues in my opinion. For example a fast-spinning detailed vehicle wheel is not a performance issue in OFP either.

true didnt think of it that way smile_o.gif

I think it's better to have blur effect or blurred texture on the rotors because not everyone will be able to run ArmA at 100fps.

I think it's better to have blur effect or blurred texture on the rotors because not everyone will be able to run ArmA at 100fps.

QFT. It'd look horrible on some computers without the blur - rotor blades randomly changing positions when 15 to 30 FPS. The blurred texture does the trick. It looks like it is spinning really fast and looks good enough, even on lower end computers.

one of the thing i am aware about is that if Arma is going or not to support 2 different sets of anime on one part of model, look at the V-22(i know its not that safe but hey, so are the Strykers) currenty we get, its engine only holds 1 single anime, thats why ppl drop the V/STOL idea on that bird(there are aswell script and other engine limit problems too but that would go quite OT)

thats what im hoping for but for system performance issues woulnt having them constantly spinning have quite a negative effect? epecially with 4-5 choppers at the same time

Even if the rotors are not spinning, the same calculations have to be made; so there is no difference, whether they are "static" or spinning.

You guys make me laugh..nitpicking about the rotor blur...try this,lets take a look at the picture again. http://armedassault.org/web2/gallery/images/Armed%20Assault/57814.jpg Mmhmm..okay...the blur if THIN,take a look at these. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armaofpcde9.jpg http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ArmA_hires_02.jpg See. Thin rotor blades,the helicopter is just at an even level or pulled back a bit.In OFP if you get the camera at the right angle it will seem as if there is no rotors or rotor blur at that,some addons have thin rotor blurs which are about the size of the blades themselves,then others have larger more expanded blurs.

Jumping out of helicotpers...hmm...if that would be a case then I would tend to hope theres a command for jumping out of planes and helicopters and not a jump button in general,we don't need bunny hoppers...not that their aim would be any good,try runnin sideways in OFP and shooting. rofl.gif

You guys make me laugh..nitpicking about the rotor blur...try this,lets take a look at the picture again. http://armedassault.org/web2/gallery/images/Armed%20Assault/57814.jpg Mmhmm..okay...the blur if THIN,take a look at these. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armaofpcde9.jpg http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ArmA_hires_02.jpg See. Thin rotor blades,the helicopter is just at an even level or pulled back a bit.In OFP if you get the camera at the right angle it will seem as if there is no rotors or rotor blur at that,some addons have thin rotor blurs which are about the size of the blades themselves,then others have larger more expanded blurs.

Jumping out of helicotpers...hmm...if that would be a case then I would tend to hope theres a command for jumping out of planes and helicopters and not a jump button in general,we don't need bunny hoppers...not that their aim would be any good,try runnin sideways in OFP and shooting.  rofl.gif

or its a beta picture or somthing like that...an older pic, i remember someone saying that bis always showes old pics to give the community a stir when newer pics come out....

But back to topic, yes BAS on thier MH-47E had "dummy" mini gun on the right side of the chopper, but i dont think thats a dummy minigun on the new screen, that would be lame, and i think BIS is about the community and actually thinks alike like us.... just my new 2cents...

It's not like multiple gunner positions is the holy grail of game programming, it's just an 'artificial' engine limitation. I'm sure it will be possible in ArmA.