Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

project "SCI-FI"

I like (like?! adore! ) your texture skills, BUT I do not like the wheels. but it is your call, and Ill love it and download it anyway tounge2.gif

OH NOOOOO! THAT WHEEL ARMOR MAKES IT LOOK LIKE A MULTI LAYERED VIRGIN BRA!!!...not very futuristic at all!..every one knows tires in the future wont need any kind of armor plating AT ALL!

Quote[/b] ]every one knows tires in the future wont need any kind of armor plating AT ALL

While I like treads on tanks myself...that statement is just dumb.

And whats wrong with virgin bras? inlove.gif

Hey Dante, the textures are superb. I got to criticize the model itself. It looks Post-Apocalyptic. I love this genre of Sci-Fi, but I am not sure if this is what you're aiming for. Also, it kind of looks like how a tank would look in a WWI parallel universe.

@MAA, yeah, you are partially right, but i like this tank now tounge2.gif the other models are really differents too: one example: the balloon wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, it kind of looks like how a tank would look in a WWI parallel universe.

that's cool, i want to keep a retro style smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]not very futuristic at all!..every one knows tires in the future wont need any kind of armor plating AT ALL!

the story isn't on earth smile_o.gif

thx all for your comments. wink_o.gif

Personally, I like the way the tank looks, including the wheels. Do your own thing man...I applaud your creativity.

Abs

Quote[/b] ]not very futuristic at all!..every one knows tires in the future wont need any kind of armor plating AT ALL!

well science fiction doesn't allways have to mean futuristic does it?

Quote[/b] ]It looks Post-Apocalyptic

i watched the tank during a long time, and yes the tank looks post-apocalyptic. finally i changed the color, the brown was too hum hum, weird biggrin_o.gif

a new vehicle: the vehicle (15000 faces) on the pic is NOT for ofp. i have the same but with more faces. smile_o.gif i will use this one to make the normal mapping for Arma (maybe)

scarabhx2.th.jpg

it doesn't have a name for the moment, so if you have some ideas. tounge2.gif

What's the role? It doesn't seem to have any weapons on it...Is it a recon vehicle?

I'd recommend the:

- Ares

- Hydra

- Centaur

...etc. I guess it's because I like mythology.

Anyway, your vehicles are looking a LOT better! Keep them coming! smile_o.gif

Abs

yeah, sorry i forgot to speak about the weapons, so :

- rockets

- a gun (40mm?) the gun is under the vehicle.

hey, i like the mythology too. for an heavy tank --> heracles wink_o.gif

i posted this pic to have suggestions, because i work actually on the real one for ofp:

2 variants: an hoovered and a flying one (sorry for my english tounge2.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, your vehicles are looking a LOT better!

thank you very much, but i still learn wink_o.gif

a new vehicle: the vehicle (15000 faces) on the pic is NOT for ofp. i have the same but with more faces.  smile_o.gif  i will use this one to make the normal mapping for Arma (maybe)

p><p>it doesnhttp://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/tounge2.gif' alt='tounge2.gif'>

Hermes? Or is that more apropriate to a plane? (for me it looks like a fast scout and messenger vehicle)

Yeah, celtic/viking mythology smile_o.gif

Thor, Odin, Loki, Freya, Bragi, Hel, Ragnarok, Baldur and i dont remember any more whistle.gif

heimdall, fenrir, mjollnir, nidhogg, etc

question: which model of soldier, should i use ?

the basic job is finished:

sc1vr8.th.jpg

sc2pb1.th.jpg

That`s nice, but I find the rockets pods very ill-placed right in front of the blades of the thrust...

Yea, I agree....it also ruins the aerodynamic look you had going before.

Abs

scarabhx2.th.jpg

it doesn't have a name for the moment, so if you have some ideas.  tounge2.gif

Hey there Dante.

At first glance your flying, or hovering craft remind me of a bulls horns, only because of the way the metal flares around the fans on the edges ...see?

Since it's scifi and related to the stars (the kind at night..in space) the name "Taurus" came to mind.

Taurus whistle.gif

The baby bull! heh since it looked little also. What kind "race" will this ship be piloted by?

--IceFLYER

That`s nice, but I find the rockets pods very ill-placed right in front of the blades of the thrust...

yes i agree too, but i don't know where i could put them. banghead.gif

ideas? help.gif

Quote[/b] ]What kind "race" will this ship be piloted by?

like us because i'm too lazy to create a new body shape and make the selections in o2 whistle.gif

i think, i'm going to use the jon_doe body, or the HYK one; but it's difficult to make a choice. crazy_o.gif

john doe - model is a nice model, ive used it for my nogovan light infantry, it saves alot of work also included templates for creation of shirt, pants and sleve textures.

yeah, this model is fine for light soldier, but for heavy soldiers, it isn't really adapted. sad_o.gif and i don't like the new head, gasp too hard to make this choice.

hey did u happen to see mission impossible 3 ? the bad guys have a drone the looks like a futuristic-mini-A-10 plane with misseles . .thought about making someone similar to that ? I can get u pics of that from the movie ..