Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

project "SCI-FI"

then: no lasers, no alliens (i don't have enough imagination for that tounge2.gif )

and i don't know David Drake sad_o.gif but if you have some links or something, i agree to learn wink_o.gif

This is sweet.The tank somehow reminds me the Sherman tank.And it makes this thing even better. biggrin_o.gif

The tank looks ok, soldiers looks not so scifi at the moment. I hope you'll change that, it just looks like your average grunt seen on tv. You might give em a face shield or something (or change the shape of the helmet).

But at what timeframe is this scifi? 2010-15?

@mr Duck, the story takes place in 2080 on a fictional earth smile_o.gif , yep i must change the soldier, it was just to show you something nener.giftounge2.gif

@Tacrod, thx for the links wink_o.gif

in fact for the moment i'm making a crew.And i changed the helmet, and added some faces to the legs. smile_o.gif

ps: i imported your tank in wings3D, and checked it. wink_o.gif ready to be modified tounge2.gif

David Drake and Hammers Slammers at Wikipedia. Read "The Tank Lords" and "Paying the Piper" online or download for free. Dorky miniature gaming Hammers Slammers stuff here.

Even if you don't use it, Hammers Slammers is the best combat scifi I have ever read, well worth a read. Drake is a Vietnam vet, by the way.

And thanks for the links too, I've been quite the avid reader.

Back on topic:

It's only too bad you can't do true hovercraft/tanks in OFP, hopefully in ArmA you may be able to. I've had an idea for ages, though never got around to it, and Hammer's Slammers is a good storyline to really enhance knowledge of such vehicles, if even it is science fiction.

Quote[/b] ]It's only too bad you can't do true hovercraft/tanks in OFP, hopefully in ArmA you may be able to

yep, but i must learn a lot of things; normal mapping for example, and some new texturing stuffs tounge2.gif

but i don't know, if i'll do some addons for Arma; i'm too old now tounge2.gif

in fact i just want to finish my project.

Yeah no probs man, like the texture on the tank above, real good smile_o.gif

thx. I must still improve them, and to do the other parts (the uvmapping is done).

and i must do the uvmapping for the flying vehicle, and the apc (finished now).

the crew is almost finished (modelling).

smile_o.gif

well the modelling of the apc is finished (some details are hidden, sorry tounge2.gif )

dntapc9xb.th.jpg

i reworked the textures, and added a basic texture to some pieces of the model (wheels for example)

35sd.th.jpg

Now THAT looks real good...it's really improving with each update.  thumbs-up.gif

I saw a pic of a heavy tank before over at ofp.info

Any chance of adding that in with these textures?

EDIT: This one

yep the Maccollo's tank. it's in project smile_o.gif

btw thx for the comments wink_o.gif but i'm afraid to see the tank in o2 crazy_o.gif

Hey D@nte nice work thumbs-up.gif

Are there any plans in building planes or helicopters as well?

yep, i'll make some modern helicopters, and maybe later some planes.

fly2vg.th.jpg i must finish that too wink_o.gif

And i want to make some boats too (but it's a secret tounge2.gif )

Anyone remember a PSX game called G-Police? They had VTOL craft for attack ships instead of Helos. It looks like the new battlefield game will have something similar to them.

I've always loved the dropships from X-com, but yours look truly original, and I can't wait to try it out smile_o.gif Might we be able to walk around in it?

The Future Combat Systems (FCS) of the U.S. Army: http://www.army.mil/fcs/

We got more then half the budget we need to accomplish the FCS program here. It would be cool to make a mod made entirely of FCS equipment. That is a great idea...I should make a topic about that if it doesn't pick up. Well anyways, check out the site. They got equipment, senarios, renders..the whole make.

Thunderbunny:

I remember G-Police 1 and 2 (I loved those games). Psygnosis, the creaters, were my favorite game company who were based in Liverpool, England. I also remember Colony Wars...Those were high quality Sci-Fi games...man...It sucks that they just vanished into thin air. I am glad that a game like OFP is around though. It is the game of all games in my opinion. Now with Dante making a Sci-Fi mod will only help expand the genre within this already diverse OFP community.

@Thunder bunny; this flying vehicle is a fighter, but i have some ideas for a dropship wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Now with Dante making a Sci-Fi mod will only help expand the genre within this already diverse OFP community.

well in fact i don't make a real mod, but just a pack of addons. because i'm not scripter, and i don't have a lot of time because of my job sad_o.gif

but i'll do, as best i can wink_o.gif