Sign in to follow this  
DLEM

101 airborne

one word...

lods

Elaborate?

DLEM is Russian and his English is not the best...

I thought you were one of the biggest (BAS) advocates of constructive criticism

Wow yes this is an hell of an good addon here notworthy.gif You got the gear and all, all so right smile_o.gif Loveley addon here but the faces, they are all the same. Yes the gear for the addons are awsome all around biggrin_o.gif Anything on an ranger or SP units?

hmm

ive never heard about desert acu..

and as i know several soldiers that wear acu

i doubt that such a version actually exists.

no offense

but acu is pretty hard to simulate i know..

just as some further critix

the digits are slightly too small

the acu colors are mainly greyish, lime

but as the acu can adopt the surroning colors to some extend ...

oh well

nice overall but i see more potential in them smile_o.gif

the DES ACU units simply have a different colour on their chest rigs and stuff like that, the uniform is the same as normal wink_o.gif

one word...

lods

Elaborate?

DLEM is Russian and his English is not the best...

I thought you were one of the biggest (BAS) advocates of constructive criticism

Asking for some lods without going into detail is not my idea of unconstructive criticism. I thought a one word post would cut through all language barriers.

Ok, I'll try and be constructive and keep my ranting to a minimum smile_o.gif

These units so far as I have seen have 1 extra resolution lod, and it's untextured. Since the main lod is over 6000 faces I think asking for lods, wondering why there are no lods, and expecting lods is not out of line, especially since they are meant to be airborne units which tend to work in large formations. Large groups of these units isn't a real option with 1 bad lod to switch to.

I think they are ok for a beta. Way overdone in terms of polycount when even some slightly better texturing would negate the "need" for about 2000 polys.

The textures need a ton of work. They're looking good so far, but have no depth, are also using more pixels than is needed for the quality you see in-game, need better uv usage and mapping (from what I can see without digging too deep), and overall just feel waaaaay too flat. I think you'd benefit from mixing in some nice winkle layers, add some shading in photoshop, or mix in a bit more phototextures to try and add some depth and realism to the textures.

I love the variety in units. I love the color of the acu (it's a warmer tone that fits well with desert textures, not a cool shade), I love the modeling for the most part (the boot models are especially nice), the proportions on the units is very nicely done, except that again, with such high poly counts, 1 lod is a good start, just not something that screams playability was in mind when releasing these.

A decent beta release I will say. Very detailed modeling, w.i.p. texturing, yet no real lod work.

I personally would have been more impressed by 1-2 units completely finished rather than several units all with 1 lod.

Good start, and I know the author dropped them before finishing, but don't try and tell me that there is no room for improvement in them.

i understand about lods

But I did not have time them to do, and desires

About texures, I know, that they bad, but I already wrote I am not able to draw them smile_o.gif I basically on modelling

Basically I did only vehicles. This my first model of human

I think they are a good start, and it would be a shame to leave them as they are now and move on to new projects. But I completely understand the need to "just get them out."

I hope you consider finishing them at some point, OR if you don't plan on finishing them anytime soon, removing your restrictions on them and allowing someone else to improve or finish them.

So now only positive glowing comments are allowed for alpha releases?

Heads up: Theres no such thing as Desert ACU's, Those "Desert ACU's" That youve made DLEM, Is actually Marine Corps Desert MARPAT. Army ACU's are specifically made that light greyish color because (And I don't know what bright guy thought of the uniform) Its supposed to blend in with both Woodland, Desert and Winter Backgrounds (Wich does seem kinda smart if you think about it), Kudos on the job, But heads up before the True U.S. Army Fanatics show up with Monkeys, Piles of shit and lots of Fans (You do the math on that one)

Also: I AM NOT, repeat NOT SAYING: That the vest are also wrong, Just the clothes underneath, cause who says a Army guy cant swipe a Des Marpat Kevlar Vest from the Armory  whistle.gif

Great units DLEM, my first impression was that these were just different variations of the pattern, not actual separate camo schemes. By that I mean I thought the "Desert ACU" was merely ACU that had been made to look like it had been exposed to the natural elements, if you check pictures of a clean ACU and that of one dirty with sand and dirt they actually look somewhat different. The latter of course blending in more with it's surroundings. Either way these are great addons. smile_o.gif

I love em.

And guys; have a little respect for the comments of Ebud. He's not some n00b with stupid comments, he's an experienced addonmaker from the old days. So when he says something, you listen. His comments are meant as constructive criticism.

But since DLEM is only a rookie in the soldiers-addon field this first soldier-addon is a REALLY promising start. It still needs some work, but I think the textures are just fine as they are now. For an alpha release it's great!

Don't forget to add a medic though!

Heads up: Theres no such thing as Desert ACU's, Those "Desert ACU's" That youve made DLEM, Is actually Marine Corps Desert MARPAT. Army ACU's are specifically made that light greyish color because (And I don't know what bright guy thought of the uniform) Its supposed to blend in with both Woodland, Desert and Winter Backgrounds (Wich does seem kinda smart if you think about it), Kudos on the job, But heads up before the True U.S. Army Fanatics show up with Monkeys, Piles of shit and lots of Fans (You do the math on that one)

Also: I AM NOT, repeat NOT SAYING: That the vest are also wrong, Just the clothes underneath, cause who says a Army guy cant swipe a Des Marpat Kevlar Vest from the Armory  whistle.gif

eeuh, dude... The ACU on both models is the same. The "desert version" only means the desert-yellow vest. He was also planning a version with green vest. The ACU on both models is the same AFAIK.

Awsome work smile_o.gif

DLEM, tut yest ludi sho pizdat i pizdat. Textura o4en horoshaya, nu kaneshna nujkna 4u4ut "impruvments" - i yest takaya vesh DES ACU, ne boysya smile_o.gif .

Otli4naya Rabota !!!  notworthy.gif

thaks guys

mp_phonix

da vse ok, textura i pravda ne na vqste:) no staralsja kak mog smile_o.gif

spasibo

eeuh, dude... The ACU on both models is the same. The "desert version" only means the desert-yellow vest. He was also planning a version with green vest. The ACU on both models is the same AFAIK.

You need glasses, dont you, The Desert ACU Units are tinted twords desert colors instead of ACU colors, Thats what I was saying