Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience - v0.2

Yeah and towards the end of WW2 every panther IV became a Tiger.

Fine, you don't want to believe pilot debriefs or historical texts then the damn thing can be used for NVA vs Cambodian missions. Everything that is needed for that is in VTE as well.

About this discussion is a few things:

1st.- the use of helicopters in the NVA wasn't trascendental (In USA and South Vietnam army was the most important workhorse in the war).

2ond.- Any Addon maker belived important the Sirkorsky S-55, and the russian Mi-4 Hound (similar).

Fine, you don't want to believe pilot debriefs or historical texts then the damn thing can be used for NVA vs Cambodian missions. Everything that is needed for that is in VTE as well.

No, I'm just saying people can make errors, I'd rather believe about 10 grunts saying they saw an Mi-8 than a pilot flying at around 800 km/h past a helicopter that he saw for a few seconds.

It might have been used behind the lines but I doubt it was used in the front lines, IIRC even the Mi-4 was very rarely used, just for resupplies or cargo transport.

NVA vs Cambodia, sure.

In the end however, it is not my decision what the modmaker wishes to put in his mod.

the Mi-8 was available '67 late so it would seem very probable that it was trialed in Vietnam. At least the far north, Laos or Cambo.