Sign in to follow this  
guyguy1

"Operation Flashpoint 2"

In wikipedia.org I came across an article called Operation Flashpoint 2 which esentially represented "game2". I think that wikipedia is a good place to pool information because it's like a virtual encyclopedia and since anyone can edit the page, maybe somebody who knows more than the rest of us can update there sometimes? Just a thought.

EDIT:

Here is the link in case you have a hard time finding it.

If you know any additional info then edit the page and add stuff!!

since ArmA will be 2006, game2 is likely to be 2007

It's more likely to be 2008 depending on how good they actually decide to make ArmA. Right now it seems like ArmA will get many of the features planned for Game2.

since ArmA will be 2006, game2 is likely to be 2007

It's more likely to be 2008 depending on how good they actually decide to make ArmA. Right now it seems like ArmA will get many of the features planned for Game2.

I think its a safe bet to say Game2 will not be pushed back that far. At least not for that reason.

When the announced that Game2 was targeted for late 2006 came out, BIS very likely knew what they were adding in ArmA. So even tho all these features are news to us, and a supprise... BIS likely had this all planned when the Game2 date was announced. Meaning that ArmA's contents will not have any effect on Game2's release.

Even if the new content in ArmA does effect the release of Game2... a six month delay of ArmA would not cause over a year delay to game2. Obviouslly Game2 is still a ways out, and delays are very likely going to occure... but ArmA will likely not be the reason.

I think its a safe bet to say Game2 will not be pushed back that far. At least not for that reason.

When the announced that Game2 was targeted for late 2006 came out, BIS very likely knew what they were adding in ArmA. So even tho all these features are news to us, and a supprise... BIS likely had this all planned when the Game2 date was announced. Meaning that ArmA's contents will not have any effect on Game2's release.

Even if the new content in ArmA does effect the release of Game2... a six month delay of ArmA would not cause over a year delay to game2. Obviouslly Game2 is still a ways out, and delays are very likely going to occure... but ArmA will likely not be the reason.

I don't agree.. The release date of Game2 is very much depending on how much of the Game2 content they add to ArmA. In worst (or best) case scenario they add everything from the Game2 E3 press release to ArmA which could possibly mean that Game2 would basically be back to square one. I dont think that they'll add everything but if ArmA would turn into a true sequal there's no reason for BIS to rush with Game2 as ArmA would last for at least a couple of years, and it might possibly even get expansions before Game2 arrives.

The ArmA they announced a year ago was nothing like the screenshots we see now. I think that they were pretty much done with ArmA at that point but now it has taken a new turn.

I'm quite confident that they are working hard on ArmA as we speak and if it's delayed even further for some reason (no publisher yet) then it might just as well turn into a game much more like the E3 announcement of Game2 than ArmA. After all Game2 was planned to be released in late 2006 so there's no reason why ArmA would not contain everything of it if it get's delayed.

I'm starting to think Armed Assault was actually Game 2 originally, where they were giving us OFP 1 with improved visuals and so on and a load of other new content, but then decided to make a totally new game to act as the flagship of this "IDEA" publishing thing, alas Game 2 was announced (that we know today).

OR! Armed Assault could have been a test bed for a new PC platform based on the massive amount of optimisations they learned from making the XBOX version, then decided it was shaping up so well that they thought we deserved something to tide us over whilst we wait for Game 2, as a thank you to the community for sticking with them or something.

To be honest, I don't mind how long they take, so long as they don't rush it and give us a well polished and presented FULL game (not go the EA way and released a half finished game in all respects of the meaning, even code optimisation, then expect us to pay for addon packs to add the crap that shouldhave been in it from the start). I'm pretty sure all the true OFP fans can wait a while longer, even though we'd love it to come out tomorrow, but we all know BIS can deliver when it comes to a great gaming experience so the wait will be well worth it!

OR! Armed Assault could have been a test bed for a new PC platform based on the massive amount of optimisations they learned from making the XBOX version, then decided it was shaping up so well that they thought we deserved something to tide us over whilst we wait for Game 2, as a thank you to the community for sticking with them or something.

That one seems more likely, they said that they learned alot of cool stuff while developing OFP:E, and they probably started Armed Assault in part because they wanted to push the OFP engine to it's limit but couldn't on OFP:E because of the XBox's hardware.

Thats what I'm thinking, but I seriously doubt that Armed Assault was intended to be game 2, it looks more like something that was picked up after OFP:E and VBS1 were released.

In my opinion I think that Armed Assault was designed as a way to refranchise Operation Flashpoint after the split with Codemasters so BIS's next big game ('game2') will be more recognisable by people unaware with its relation to OFP.

guerilla @ May 23 2006,18:27)]help.gif

http://www.flashpoint3.com

Because im sure that BIS would leave the site header as "Neue Seite 1" especially since they are from the CZR.

ArmA is kind of Flashpoint 2 rather then Flashpoint 1.5 as we originally thought, if you take into account Flashpoint:Elite witch is an advancement of Flashpoint 1.  This would mean that Game 2 could be called Flashpoint 3 and operation Flashpoint 2 we could call Flashpoint 4...hope that clears things up a bit.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered

with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net

for detailed information.

Domain Name: FLASHPOINT3.COM

Registrar: KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH

Whois Server: whois.rrpproxy.net

Referral URL: http://www.key-systems.net

Name Server: NS1.EVANZO.COM

Name Server: NS2.EVANZO.COM

Updated Date: 15-sep-2005

Creation Date: 15-sep-2005

Expiration Date: 15-sep-2006

wink_o.gif

Just reading the article:

Quote[/b] ]The game is expected to be released when ready.

Stating the obvious a little bit? rofl.gif

ArmA is kind of Flashpoint 2 rather then Flashpoint 1.5 as we originally thought, if you take into account Flashpoint:Elite witch is an advancement of Flashpoint 1. This would mean that Game 2 could be called Flashpoint 3 and operation Flashpoint 2 we could call Flashpoint 4...hope that clears things up a bit.

http://www.flashpoint2.com redirects now to arma whistle.gif

arma is a totally different platform just as game2 is

and there are obvios differences if you look at the screens

furthermore its prettymuch obvious that arma

is very much improved flashpoint (as seen in vids etcetc)

flashpoint2 wotever it will look like when id get published by cm will be sth totally diffrent..

and actually i hope it becomes a flop really..

game2 will be a killer smile_o.gif thats for sure

I was just thinking about what they would call their game2. Since Armed Assault is an advance/updated Operation Flashpoint, you can consider that ArmA is their recent OFP. If ArmA does well and really gets that name out there, it would make sense to call game2 "Armed Assault 2", since ArmA is still ofp at it's core, whereas the sequel is moving onto new gameplay/ideas.