Sign in to follow this  
ricoadf

ADF mod needs help

Australia changes alot of its internals, looking at the BW one is as useful as looking at the internals of the AH-64.

However in the ADF mod forums someone posted a pic of it for us biggrin_o.gif

Sorry, after that crazy initial burst of productivity, real life intervened, and I've had a crapload of stuff to tend to, so I've barely had any time to touch the Tiger (or anything else Flashpoint- or game-related, for that matter). I'm hoping to get a bit of time after the weekend's up, but it's Chinese New Year, which means plenty of familial obligations. Hope to have a healthy update next week.

Sounds good biggrin_o.gif

@joker18: The community has been waiting for years for the ARH Tiger, i think it can easily wait a few more weeks wink_o.gif

@RicoADF: do you release it seperatly? or with the hole mod?

can´t wait! must build some missions!

It may be with some other addons or released by itself - we are not sure yet.

It will be released in a pack, once enough addons are ready for release we will release an ADF pack. Does that answer question wink_o.gif

They look awesome thumbs-up.gif

Yes we are planning to do some TAG eventually

Is this the same tigre Reedwasere was working on? I remember doing some voices for the Helo MFD for this project. What happened to this one? AFAIK it was looking like it was getting there. Has the project been restarted? confused_o.gif Just curious because I did put some work into those voices.

G'day mate

Yes it is, yes you're voice recordings are still with me and I will be doing the coding for the tiger and yes i will use the ones you recorded for me - they were great mate and i stil have em

Aha, great. Thanks for the headsup Reed, I was worried you dropped off the scope or something. It is looking good.

Could we expect free integration of your units into other bigger modes like CSLA 2\FDF?Well that's because I want to see your great troops not separetly,but with other allied armys. smile_o.gif Almost  full EU, America, Russia and your awesome ADF units together-quite impressive view,isn't it? whistle.gif

Same old story, addon maker's ego holds back OFP a long long way.

The situation with addons is dire, there are no standards, no organisation and many many duplicates because people feel they need to do stuff personally.

So you get a great addon pack, like UK Forces, SFP 4.0; and to find a good opposing force you need another 200mb of shit. Stick it on a server and it hardly works, addon dependencies/sloppy coding.

So the only mods you can use are things like FDF, or WGL.

Leaving several gigabytes and thousands of hours of effort untouched by the big game servers, the only people who download them are people who sit in the mission editor taking pictures and posting in OFPCP thread.

Sad.

Indeed it is. I couldn't agree more with this statement. If I ever found the time, and I might be able to if things work out, I would be more than happy to sink a huge amount of work into a complete assembly and standardisation of the most wanted and needed addons for Operation Flashpoint.

This would include re-vamping addons which were poor runners on multiplayer servers, removal of unnecessary CPU power and high latency issues due to excessive code transfer between server and clients, a complete documentation and personal hardcopy backup of all addons which fell into the catchment area of the project. And yes I do know how much work this would take, and I'm still prepared to do it.

The aim would be to make all user made addons as game engine and multiplayer friendly as those manufactured by Bohemia.

For the attention of Lotekk:

I think we have amazed ourselves as a community when it comes to how high a standard we can make addons to. So that said it takes something pretty significant to stand out. Your helicopter stands out biggrin_o.gif It's one of the nicest and tidiest looking addons I've ever seen for this game.

Don't want to throw the thread offtopic just thought I'd respond to the brilliant point made by the first guy and congratulate Lotekk on his exceptional work. If anyone is interested in sharing some ideas about the addon gathering and re-work project please pm me and perhaps we should start a new thread about it, although please accept it will be some time off, but it has to given birth to somewhere thumbs-up.gif

Great work so far!

Tought it odd that the Leopard wasn't on the list of vehicles.

Also wondered. What sort of scenarios/missions?

Naturaly your considering recent theaters, but what of the hypothetical homeland defense?

Tought it odd that the Leopard wasn't on the list of vehicles.

Also wondered. What sort of scenarios/missions?

Naturaly your considering recent theaters, but what of the hypothetical homeland defense?

The leopard is on the list of vechicles. Called the AS-1 (the correct designation of the aussie leopard).

As for missions, well lets just say that its called the Australian DEFENCE Force mod for a good reason (besides just the ADF name) wink_o.gif

Make a campaign where indonesia invaded australia and we kick the ass out of there Air Force. Because there best fighters dont have rockets.

A campaign is on the drawing boards.

We have the LRPV model ingame and approx 90% complete (just needs tuneings and some variations, eg MG version made).

Mod is still alive and kicking thumbs-up.gif

However, we are haveing a backlot of models, we have more models made and ready then we have texturers to texture them. Any good texturers with some time on their hands please contact us, we could use your help smile_o.gif .

Heres the LRPV model pics:

Side: http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/images/LRPVside.png

Front: http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/images/LRPVfront.png

Rear: http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/images/LRPVrear.png

Wow, nice pics making VBS crying. Bring it on,guys!

Nice. And those brits thinks we wreck the whole Land Rover look with it.

Its looks like something out of mad max wink_o.gif

@ nsx

well *cough* atm these models cry lol compared to vbs1 ones..

so naked :P

back on topic

check the surface for sharp and smooth edges guys

theres some flaws that definatelly should be ironed out

Thanks for pointing that out smile_o.gif , always good to have other point out small things we might miss. However it isnt a finished model yet anyway, so keep an eye out for more versions smile_o.gif