Sign in to follow this  
ricoadf

ADF mod needs help

the magazine Australian New Zealeand defender. I'm not a good typer. Plus it 1 in the moring. The mags all about Aussie soldeirs and rarely New Zealead soldiers wink_o.gif

lol, you call that a mag, get Combat: Land Sea and Air  tounge2.gif

is that a Aussie army mag?

Allso, I'm going to get O2 working tommorow, It was hot today and I went to the pool wink_o.gif

Yes Combat: AL&S is an aussie mag lol rofl.gif .

Good to hear your getting O2 up, and yes today was a bloody scorcher smile_o.gif

It was hot today and I went to the pool wink_o.gif

It's bloody cold and wet here in the UK. You Aussies don't know how lucky you are. I'll never understand why all your soap and music stars move over here  crazy_o.gif .

Ontopic: The bushmaster is looking good RicoADF. I read up on it a while back and it was stated that it was a failure but the Australian government cut it's losses and went ahead with the contract anyhow. How near completion is that model as i would think the textures maybe need a tweek here and there. I'd like to see your soldier models though and maybe a list of what your planning to make. I hope i'm not being a cheeky bastard  tounge2.gif

I hope i'm not being a cheeky bastard tounge2.gif

WELL YOU ARE!!!!, jk mate biggrin_o.gif

ok, im breaking this down:

A) I have never heard that the bushmaster was a failure crazy_o.gif , from what I read its perfect for the ADF, however if someone was crazy enough to call it that I nener.gif at them, coz its a great addition to the ADF smile_o.gif .

B) What do we plan to make? Well this is gonna be quite a list:

Troops:

Basic infantry (includeing the usual varients)

SASR

Commando's

Crew

Pilots

plus any others.

Vechicles:

ASALV (all varients)

Bushmaster (all varients)

Landrover (all varientes includeing LRPV, SRV & the Parakeet)

Mogs (all varients)

M113's (all varients includeing modern A4's)

Artillery (both 105 & 155mm Howitzers)

AS-1

Abrams M1A1 AIM

Mack Truck

Amphibious vechicle (cant think of its name atm, will replace when find it)

plus any other vechicles we find.

Aircraft (you best grab a coffie, this could be long):

Fixed wing:-

F-18 Hornet

F-111

F-35 JSF

C-130

707 (passanger & air refueler)

A330 Air refuler

737 AWAC's

Orion

Caribou

Hawk 'training' plane

Pilatus PC-9/A (its a FAC plane, a recon plane)

Rotory wing:

S-70 Blackhawk

S-70B Seahawk

MRH-90

Ch-47 Chinook

Uh-1H Huey slick

Uh-1 Bushranger

ARH Tiger

Seaking

Navel:

This area is hard, ofcourse due to the OFP engine and size of each addon, plus time to do them. They will be done, but when isnt so certain:

Fremantle Patrol Boat (will update current one)

Armidale Patrol Boat

LPA (the Kanimbla & Manoora)

LCH (Tobruk)

Assault Carrier (currently there are 2 'assault' carriers that are going to be orded soon, there are 2 companies that are applying to build these 2 carriers. When the winner is reveiled so will our carriers name)

ANZAC Frigate

Adelaide Frigate

Cruisers (dont know names off by heart)

Landing boats

Collins submarine

I think i covered it help.gif

I could have just said everything, but i dont think that those outside of australia would know them all lol.

Also, there is a possability of going back to Vietnam and even beyond after we have done these, nothing is concrete whistle.gif

Now do people see why we need more members for this? rofl.gif

This mod shal take awhile confused_o.gif

That isn't a list, that's an order form for an African dictator. If your team pulls this off it will be one hell of an achievment. I wouldn't worry about the time frame though as your obviously gearing this for Armed Assault if not Game2. If i could make one comment it would be to cut down on the aircraft and naval side as we all know OFP and probably armed assault isn't the best simulation for these types of addons. I would just make Australian versions of the addons that are already ingame. then you will have you beloved OFP the way YOU want to play it, and of course many others  biggrin_o.gif

read this article on the bushmaster quite interesting

Heres the updated pic:

arh-tiger-3.jpg

I know navel isnt a big thing, however the ships we have are good as launch platforms for missions (eg take off in a seahwak from Anzac frigate helideck to land SF on island for example).

As for airforce, airforce in OFP is a large thing, just not air to air, which most of our stuff isnt very geared towards anyway (except F-18 ofcourse wink_o.gif

And this is my last post for the night, cya tomorrow smile_o.gif

anyone making the LRPV? I love that car. So Mad Max looking wink_o.gif

Anyone have any decent pics of the interior of the Tiger cockpit? I have a few good shots of the instrument panelling, and a couple of really small shots of a couple different angles of the cockpit, but nothing fantastic. Hence, I'm currently having some issues building the cockpit area. huh.gif

Got o2 and bulldozer up and running and just geting the feel of it again. Its been a long time since I last used O2.

But I cant get Texview to download. My internet is on the shits. Broadband over the satilite and its as crap as my old 28.8k speed dial up. mad_o.gif

That isn't a list, that's an order form for an African dictator.

But i'm not african whistle.gif

lol, yes its a very long list, but since BIS can predict when their games will be released even less reliabily then the weatherman can predict tomorrows weather I think OFP has some time less, and yes Armed assault is within our plans wink_o.gif .

Nice read on the bushmaster, still I think they are great inlove.gif

EDIT: New ARH Tiger pic:

adf-arh-tiger-5.jpg

I know a person who works at ADI where they make the Bushmasters. Hey a welder and welds all the the parts to em wink_o.gif

Hey Rico what part of Aus do you live in huh.gif

Just outside of Melbourne in the middle of Fucking nowhere, Nice clean country air tounge2.gif

Why not use P:UKF Land Rovers, Only thing you'll change is textures and some little modeling work

Depending on whether you want to count the weapons (FFARs, Hellfires), I'm either slightly over my 4k tri budget, or significantly overshot.

adf-arh-tiger-9.jpg

And I still have that thingie going from the engine to the tail rotor left to model. crazy_o.gif What the heck is that thing, anyways? A fuel line?

The images look similar to the ones below, but a significant amount of optimization has been done, allowing more crap to be modelled on.

I'm currently at just under 4200 tris without weapons, and 4997 tris with a full weapon rack. Once the main stuff is finalized and I weld the two halves together, I should be able to shave off a significant number of tris when I gt rid of most of the edges running down the centerline.

adf-arh-tiger-14.jpg

adf-arh-tiger-wires-11.jpg

adf-arh-tiger-wires-12.jpg

adf-arh-tiger-wires-13.jpg

Ortho wires

Just started unwrapping various parts of this bastard, and I've gained newfound respect for vehicle modellers. I'm about dying from all the crap that's gotta be unwrapped in a single model. crazy_o.gif Any suggestions would be welcome.

Well unwrapping this bastard was quite the learning experience. crazy_o.gif

Anyways, optimized the hell out of the mesh, in particular finalizing the mesh and getting rid of the edges running down the centerline of most of the components and the main body. I think I'm at under 4100 tris without weapons, and 4900 with weapons. Most of it is unwrapped, aside from the cockpit frame (which is proving quite the nightmare), and still finalizing the layout.

adf-arh-tiger-wires2-final.jpg

adf-arh-tiger-uv2.jpg

Whoops, got a little too careful about the layout, evidently. biggrin_o.gif

arh-tiger_auv.gif

Ortho wires and UV for anyone interested:

Ortho wires

Ortho with UV overlay

I'm either going to reorganize the current UV layout to give some components more texture space, or I'm just going to stick the cockpit UVs in the same sheet. Just curious, are there any reasons not to put the cockpit textures in the same sheet?

goodnight.gif

To my knowledge theres no reason why not, but someone more knowledgeable in this should be able to answer this smile_o.gif