Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

Llauma Head 2.0

The guy to the right is awesome, would love to have that as the standard facial expression of OFP-soldiers biggrin_o.gif

On a more serious note, that looks kickass! biggrin_o.gif

A friend of mine said llauma head uses the same texture structure as America's Army. So hairs can be taken from there I guess. But I do not know how to took them, as I was never interested too much in Unreal engine.

my only comment on the current faces is of course the probem with baldness that seems to be occuring - like you said getting the hair right is going to be a problem.

Creating hair is at least half of the work, but getting the hair right is much easier now than before. The faces needs more work than just copy and paste the front. Sure, we can re-use some parts to make the job easier but first we need to have enough unique textures.

This kind of quality is what we should strive for. Sure this requires that the texture makers are quite skilled at what they do.

@Shinbusan

It's not exactly like AA but the basic thing is the same. Most modern games uses the same style gizmo mapped head textures.

Edit: One more thing.. I'm not into scripting or configs but I was wondering if it's possible to make a unique mimic configs for models using this head. As the head has teeth it would nice if we used that for the 'agresive' mimic etc.

This is what I found in the main config..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMimics

{

access = ReadAndCreate;

class HeadPreview

{

microMimics=Micro;

};

class Micro

{

//          max offset (3d)       change time (min..max)

lBrow[] =  {0.0020,0.0020,0.0010, 0.6,3.0};

mBrow[] =  {0.0020,0.0020,0.0010, 0.6,2.5};

rBrow[] =  {0.0020,0.0020,0.0010, 0.6,3.0};

lMouth[] = {0.0010,0.0020,0.0010, 0.6,2.0};

mMouth[] = {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,3.0};

rMouth[] = {0.0010,0.0020,0.0010, 0.6,2.0};

};

class NoMicro

{

//          max offset (3d)       change time (min..max)

lBrow[] =  {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,3.0};

mBrow[] =  {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,2.5};

rBrow[] =  {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,3.0};

lMouth[] = {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,2.0};

mMouth[] = {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,3.0};

rMouth[] = {0.0000,0.0000,0.0000, 0.6,2.0};

};

class States

{

class Default

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, 0};

mBrow[] = {0, 0};

rBrow[] = {0, 0};

lMouth[] = {0, 0};

mMouth[] = {0, 0};

rMouth[] = {0, 0};

};

class Normal

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, 0};

mBrow[] = {0, 0};

rBrow[] = {0, 0};

lMouth[] = {0, 0};

mMouth[] = {0, 0};

rMouth[] = {0, 0};

};

class Smile

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, 0.25};

mBrow[] = {0, 0.25};

rBrow[] = {0, 0.25};

lMouth[] = {-0.5, 0.6};

mMouth[] = {0, 0.0};

rMouth[] = {0.5, 0.6};

};

class Hurt

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, -0.35};

mBrow[] = {0, -0.5};

rBrow[] = {0, -0.6};

lMouth[] = {0.5, -0.3};

mMouth[] = {0, 0.3};

rMouth[] = {-0.5, -0.6};

};

class Ironic

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, -0.35};

mBrow[] = {0, -0.35};

rBrow[] = {0, -0.35};

lMouth[] = {0.1, 0.3};

mMouth[] = {0, 0.9};

rMouth[] = {-0.1, 0.3};

};

class Sad

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, +0.2};

mBrow[] = {0, +0.2};

rBrow[] = {0, +0.2};

lMouth[] = {0.1, -0.5};

mMouth[] = {0, -0.5};

rMouth[] = {-0.1, -0.5};

};

class Cynic

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, -0.35};

mBrow[] = {0, 0.0};

rBrow[] = {0, +0.05};

lMouth[] = {0.2, -0.9};

mMouth[] = {0, -0.2};

rMouth[] = {0.0, 0};

};

class Surprised

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, 0.5};

mBrow[] = {0, 0.5};

rBrow[] = {0, 0.5};

lMouth[] = {0.0, -0.3};

mMouth[] = {0, +0.3};

rMouth[] = {0.0, -0.2};

};

class Agresive

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {0, -0.25};

mBrow[] = {0, -0.4};

rBrow[] = {0, -0.3};

lMouth[] = {+0.4, +0.5};

mMouth[] = {0, +0.5};

rMouth[] = {-0.4, -0.5};

};

class Angry

{

// {right, up} in cm

lBrow[] = {+0.4, -0.5};

mBrow[] = {+0.1, -0.4};

rBrow[] = {-0.4, -0.5};

lMouth[] = {+0.4, -0.9};

mMouth[] = {0, -0.2};

rMouth[] = {-0.4, -0.8};

};

};

combat[]=

{

Sad,0.1,

Surprised,0.1,

Cynic,0.3,

Angry,0.1,

Normal

};

aware[]=

{

Angry, 0.2,

Normal

};

safe[]=

{

Smile,0.1,

Surprised,0.1,

Normal

};

neutral[]=

{

Surprised,0.1,

Sad,0.1,

Normal

};

danger[]=

{

Surprised,0.4,

Sad

};

dead[]={Hurt};

hurt[]={Hurt};

};

Quote[/b] ]

This kind of quality is what we should strive for. Sure this requires that the texture makers are quite skilled at what they do.

That's the problem for quality work, you need skilled texture artist smile_o.gif

By the way, someone has the UV map for the Llauma head ?

i mean something like this

uv0sh.jpg

It should certainly help (a lot more than the current "try to adjust eyes size and more" to match an existing texture) possible facial textures artists deciding to give a try after being fed up by looking at the awfull amateur textures rework up there .

Quote[/b] ]

That's the problem for quality work, you need skilled texture artist smile_o.gif

By the way, someone has the UV map for the Llauma head ?

i mean something like this

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6264/uv0sh.jpg

It should certainly help (a lot more than the current "try to adjust eyes size and more" to match an existing texture) possible facial textures artists deciding to give a try after being fed up by looking at the awfull amateur textures rework up there .

I suppose I could create one.. otherwise you could always just get the head model from the facestex2.pbo and unwrap it using P2MS and LithUnwrap

unwrap it using P2MS and LithUnwrap

Thanks for those programs names, as i never unwrapped anything, i never knew what to use, now "googling" a bit.

EDIT : ok, found the programs and used them

Unfortunately, the head model included in the facetexture does not include every of the lods you created, so the most detailled LOD gives this result that can be confusing (but is very accurate for placing facial parts on the texture)

hjhjhj9hz.jpg

While the immediate next LOD is less confusing certainly, but is missing the eye texture map and their exact location on the face.

hjhjhj27vf.jpg

Anyways, it seems there are parts on this texture that could be used for the arms already as people requested, as they don't seem to be included on the head.

hjhjhj34os.jpg

Cleaned the detailed UV map for the exact eye placement, this should help for people wanting to include eyelids.

hhhhhh1zd.jpg

A friend of mine said llauma head uses the same texture structure as America's Army. So hairs can be taken from there I guess. But I do not know how to took them, as I was never interested too much in Unreal engine.

downloud this http://www.wintotal.de/softw/index.php?rb=57&id=604 and then you will be able to take all of America's Army textures and not only.

Sempre Fi

I'm OUT

Cleaned the detailed UV map for the exact eye placement, this should help for people wanting to include eyelids.

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/6333/hhhhhh1zd.jpg

Nice.. The current head is using my mapping which I wasn't sure would be final. As it became the final I probably should have moved up the UV map a little so I would have closed the gap and allowed more of the neck to be textured.

The small empty space is too small for arm textures anyway.

One thing to remember is that the hair texturing is going to be somewhat limited, given the nature of the shape of the head mesh (round, essentially bald). This is not to say it isn't possible to fake some nice hairstyles using the textures, but there's only so much you can do with that. But working within a mostly round hair area, it's possible to get some interesting things going on.

testing the uv map with one of the face from RTCW

a12xc.jpg

Result ingame

a22br.jpg

the hair seems to work correctly (not checked on a head without any boonie/cap/helmet though)

The hair will look fine around the sides and back, but may look a little funny around the front if it's meant to represent a hairdo that "rises" from the head. That was an awful description, but I hope it got the point across. tounge2.gif But it should be serviceable enough if the texture is done well enough.

with current gizmo mapping on basicaly whole head, hairs will be stretched on top of the head

its not a problem for soldier models, 99,9% of soldiers always have some head covers

but with civilian units it will require also some civilian head covers...

Yes unfortunately there is always some streching in the top of the head, but nothing really disturbing.

The problem is more around the ears, as on this screenshot, i should have reworked a bit the hairs, the ears are too far from the cut.

vbnvbn8hz.jpg

I did a test with the BIS textures.. The mouth etc needs some tweaking but I prefer them over the RTCW textures. Sure, it will take time to modify them but it's worth it, both for esthetical and nostalgic reasons.

bistex8um.jpg

It looks really nice.

That's matching skin colours tones that is puzzling me, maybe it is because i use an older program "Picture Publisher" that miss some functions in comparisons to Painshop/Photoshop.

But the result you have is really great, i don't see any colour problem in the transitions, good job.

Quote[/b] ]both for esthetical and nostalgic reasons

and for possible copyright problems , as using OFP textures for OFP should be the best solution wink_o.gif

It looks really nice.

That's matching skin colours tones that is puzzling me, maybe it is because i use an older program "Picture Publisher" that miss some functions in comparisons to Painshop/Photoshop.

But the result you have is really great, i don't see any colour problem in the transitions, good job.

I used the front and sides, and then created what was missing. So I didn't have to make it match the color of the base texture as I didn't use one.

Just copy and paste, clone, brush etc. until you got a face.

Lovely, i like the fact that you try to make the old textures availeable for the new heads, thumbs up smile_o.gif

What are the latest meshes?

The same as when you asked the last time. I haven't done anything to the model since I started this thread.

Well, had a bit of free time and an itchy stylus hand. tounge2.gif So here's xicht_z.

Look, ma, no seams! Primarily because it's just one solid color, but I figure if the player's going to notice that in-game, he/she has issues. biggrin_o.gif

xicht_z.jpg

xicht_z.gif

Shit, just noticed I forgot to fix the hairline behind the ear.

edit:

the flats above include the fixed hairline behind the ear, and a bit of touchup for the back of the head.

What are the latest meshes?

The same as when you asked the last time. I haven't done anything to the model since I started this thread.

Sorry, I didn't realize that anyone replied last time...

Thanks!