Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Yesh! Ironclads for the win!

Bigus, Sherman at Bull Run is a very good mission! Congrats!

Hey there!

I'm just working on a test mission but I have the following problem with making a trigger: the thing I want to do is having a trigger that executes a script but only when the number of soldiers still alive in the group is lower than 5. I have been looking around for a while but haven't really been able to spot a way to do that. Maybe one of you guys knows how I can get that wo work? Thank you!

@ LongtstreetCsa : in the condition field of the trigger, replace "this" by "count units nameofgroup < 5", where nameofgroup is the name of the group. Then in the activation field of the same trigger, put the init line of the script.

Thank you very much for the quick and detailed answer ProfTournesol! I will give it a try at once!

Yours,

Longstreet

Hey. I'm really enjoying this mod it is very good but can someone post links to any missions for this release?

Well the fight goes on to perfect the Virginia.....

The Cargo...Carrier script is proving to be a beitch!! but all in all the test battles are always good huh.gif

shot3.jpg

shot5.jpg

shot4.jpg

Its going good but there are problems that are a bit more complicated than other projects I've done.

GO Hurricanes.............Go England.................. yay.gif

bigus

Maybe beter use the Artillery crew to man the cannons, as no navy units are available, those still look a bit more plain than combat infantry.

You got any pics of confederate navy uniforms? If they're as mixed as infantry, I guess some infantry units could be used.

Maybe beter use the Artillery crew to man the cannons, as no navy units are available, those still look a bit more plain than combat infantry.

Will do Chief.... but I'm still working on the models and such.

I think changing the crew will be the easy part wink_o.gif

bigus

You got any pics of confederate navy uniforms? If they're as mixed as infantry, I guess some infantry units could be used.

This is a Confederate Naval Officers uniform. (Or the great-coat atleast...) Also has links.

Clicky-Clicky

Other Random Stuff I Found. If it helps any.

Thats about all I can come up with at the moment, but if you want some more help finding links just PM me. I have some books with pics of Confederate naval personell, and I might be able to get my hands on a scanner. wink_o.gif

Hey there!

I've already posted this question in the scripting questions thread, but as it concerns something for the wonderful Civil War mod I'm going to post it here too...

I'm nearly done with a few things I'm currently working on - but a few questions still remain: One is I have added a few addaction things I thought would be nice to have and most of them are done in a way that they change, depending on what "command" you give your squad - f.e.: one is "follow me" for all the troops, if you give this command it is exchanged with a "hold position" command; a few other command are done in the very same manner - I did it that way so one doesn't have a long list of different commands to scroll through, but instead you always have the stuff you need. The only thing that bugs me is, I was unable to find a method to keep the position of all commands always the same f.e. the starting configuration looks something like that:

Order: Follow me

Order: Crouch

Order: Fire at will

Order: Volley

Order: Fix Bayonet

now if you execute the "follow me" command it is exchanged with the "hold position" command but the configuration changes to something like:

Order: Hold Position

and if f.e. you now execute the "fire at will" command, it is exchanged with a "cease fire" command and the configuration changess again to something like this:

Order: Cease fire

What I'm asking now: is there any way to retain the original positioning of the commands added with addaction, so to get rid of the need to search for the right command each time, because the positions keep changing all the time?

Like that:

after execution of "Follow me" it should look like this:

Order: Hold position

and not change the "hold position" command to the bottom of the commandl ist.

I hope I've been able to point out everything in a clear manner so you are able to grasp my point and the problem I'm having....

Hope anyone knows how to deal with that (btw. I'm really crap at scripting - it took me a VERY long time to get the things done, and without the help of already existing scripts and borrowing from those I wouldn't have been able to do anything)!

Well the ship is ready to go.

just a few minor tweaks and I'll throw it up for a download.

There have been minor cliches in the ship that I just can't seem to get rid of....one is the guns bob when the ship is at 0 speed and the crew when dead or their guns are destroyed

SOMETIMES seem to float above water. These are minor I think and maybe someone will figure out a fix one day.

In the meantime 2 more pics.

virg7.jpg

virg6.jpg

@Longstreet...... Let me get back to you on the addactions.

I've been a bit busy lately.

bigus

Hey there!

I've already posted this question in the scripting questions thread, but as it concerns something for the wonderful Civil War mod I'm going to post it here too...

I'm nearly done with a few things I'm currently working on - but a few questions still remain: One is I have added a few addaction things I thought would be nice to have and most of them are done in a way that they change, depending on what "command" you give your squad - f.e.: one is "follow me" for all the troops, if you give this command it is exchanged with a "hold position" command; a few other command are done in the very same manner - I did it that way so one doesn't have a long list of different commands to scroll through, but instead you always have the stuff you need. The only thing that bugs me is, I was unable to find a method to keep the position of all commands always the same f.e. the starting configuration looks something like that:

now if you execute the "follow me" command it is exchanged with the "hold position" command but the configuration changes to something like:

and if f.e. you now execute the "fire at will" command, it is exchanged with a  "cease fire" command and the configuration changess again to something like this:

Order: Cease fire

What I'm asking now: is there any way to retain the original positioning of the commands added with addaction, so to get rid of the need to search for the right command each time, because the positions keep changing all the time?

Like that:

after execution of "Follow me" it should look like this:

Order: Hold position

and not change the "hold position" command to the bottom of the commandl ist.

I hope I've been able to point out everything in a clear manner so you are able to grasp my point and the problem I'm having....

Hope anyone knows how to deal with that (btw. I'm really crap at scripting - it took me a VERY long time to get the things done, and without the help of already existing scripts and borrowing from those I wouldn't have been able to do anything)!

To solve the 'ordering' issue, when you execute the Follow Me order, remove ALL the actions, and re-add them in the order you want (with Hold Position first), followed by the remaining actions, and that should re-order them correctly.

Well .....here is the C.S.S Virginia..........

It's not perfect but should be enjoyable to some.

some added notes on playing the ship.

1)there is only 1 playable position which is the driver

and you should move and fight in the commanders view

which I found to be the best view.

you have to physically tell your gunners to target ships,

After that they will fire at will. The AI will target them automatically.

I'm not sure why and maybe one day I'll figure it out.

2) you cant have a playable ship, an AI ship and an Empty target ship in one mission at the same time. It seems the AI commander or driver will order his crew to "abandon" thier guns, your ship is uneffected however.

Also included in this file is Varmstrong.pbo which you need

for the ship. It's basically a reconfiged Armstrong with a greater rate of fire so you dont have to replace Trigs gun.

but you need this file for the ship.

Also the Monitor has been reconfiged for it's proper side plus the proper crew which was the union sailor unit Trig made for ver 1.2.

The transport model has also been changed a little so I've included these changes as well.

so you have in this package.....

the U.S.S Monitor, the C.S.S Virginia and the river transport,

plus the Virginia heavy gun.

thats about it. hope you enjoy

My Ships

bigus

thats about it. hope you enjoy

bigus

will make sure i do,

once again, many thanks for this most original OFP Mod

Quote[/b] ]There have been minor cliches in the ship that I just can't seem to get rid of....one is the guns bob when the ship is at 0 speed and the crew when dead or their guns are destroyed

SOMETIMES seem to float above water.

Well of course i had the same prob with my modified Philcommando napoleonic ships, and there two way to solve this :

(1) You avoid to eject dead gunner in the config : ejectdeadgunner = 0, which isn't realistic.

(2) You move the "pos gunner" vertice in O2 - memory lod - in order that it is at 2 meters in front on the gun (it's the position where you can get into the gun, and where Ofp will eject dead gunner). So the gunner will be ejected outside of the boat. That's what i did. But maybe it isn't more realistic with your kinda boat...

Quote[/b] ]2) you cant have a playable ship, an AI ship and an Empty target ship in one mission at the same time. It seems the AI commander or driver will order his crew to "abandon" thier guns, your ship is uneffected however

Two possibilities :

(1) you've got cargo positions in your ship : you MUST get rid of them to avoid "get out" order ; OFP doesn't like emptiness, it always fills empty positions in the leader's vehicle.

(2) your scripts create gun with crew (not empty guns) : it doesn't work : you should create empty guns and servants seperately, then assign servants "as gunner". OFP doesn't like vehicle with no driver, and always orders "non driver" vehicles grouped with "driver" vehicle to "get out" : try to group a motorcycle as leader and 2 staticmgs, and you'll see servants get out.

Quote[/b] ]1) You avoid to eject dead gunner in the config : ejectdeadgunner = 0, which isn't realistic.

ya I have ejectdeadcargo=0. I will try gunner and see.

****update******

yes ejectdeadgunner=0 in Varmstrong works fine and I prefer this. I owe you one for that ProfT.

Quote[/b] ]2) you've got cargo positions in your ship : you MUST get rid of them to avoid "get out" order ; OFP doesn't like emptiness, it always fills empty positions in the leader's vehicle.

I have no cargo positions there but maybe I have to specifically state this in the config. I will check it out.

Quote[/b] ]3) your scripts create gun with crew (not empty guns) : it doesn't work : you should create empty guns and servants seperately, then assign servants "as gunner". OFP doesn't like vehicle with no driver, and always orders "non driver" vehicles grouped with "driver" vehicle to "get out" : try to group a motorcycle as leader and 2 staticmgs, and you'll see servants get out.

Yes I do create the gun first and then create the gunner after. However the problem is not with the players men in the ship leaving their guns but the AI ship dumping their crew.

not really a problem just dont have an empty ship and all is well.

Quote[/b] ]

Seems the virginia had some sound probs .........

here is the fix for it...

Virginia

bigus

Alright... Here are some changes to the ships listed in the order I changed them.

1)All ships now have large flags (It is now proxy flag alone big)

2)The Virginia now has playable gunner and driver.

3)The Guns on the Virginia dont "bob" when at 0 speed but they do a bit when the ship hits land.

4)No more floating dead guys (that I've seen so far)

5)It is now a little easier to load gunners into an Empty

Virginia ship.

6)The Virginia now can be placed in any direction without shooting off at 26 or - 26 mph. This was an interesting bug

and an interesting fix.

here is the files if you wish to have these changes.

Updated ships

Plus a new mission coming up in a couple of days...

"Hampton Roads"

here is a pic of the attached flag on the virginia.

virgflag.jpg

bigus

Tried it out.

Looks & works very nice. Congrats!

Thnx Chief!.....did'nt know if I could pull this one off.

The ship is playable and thats all i care about, and a couple of the MP games I had lasted for close too an hour. Thats because the ship is hard to turn which I think is realistic.

But .....all in all a good experiment on multigun ships.. huh.gif

bigus