Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Also when I use the bayonet I get the "hit with the rifle but" animation and not the cool "stab with the bayonet" animation.

That stab was rather simple.

The new anim actually combines a stab with the but-stroke, to make a longer melee anim. Looks better when several men go at each other, as before two such were just poking towards each other, now it looks as a fight with the stabs and but-strokes.

Though I'm sure that eventually someone is going to come up with a proper bayonet system for OFP...

If you prefer the old ones, just take all the rifle addons from the old pack and overwrite the current ones (CWMusket.pbo, CWEnfield.pbo, CWLorenz.pbo).

Thanks for the quick reply! crazy_o.gif

So the new rifles have no other changes than the new bayonet system? I guess its a matter of opinion when it comes to these bayonet systems. I personally prefer the old one. wink_o.gif

Oh there are other changes...range, damage, texture, model, etc...but if the old bayonet is important to you, then you should use the old one.

I just finished trying the islands/units out in the editor, and they're great! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

But I do have one question. Is there anyway to get rid of the "gun-smoke effect"? confused_o.gif Its OK to have a big white cloud of smoke after you fire a musket, but when I had a Union soldier pick up an M60 machine gun the effect is still there. And since I'm the type to go around giving modern weapons to Civil War troops, you can understand how that could be a bit of a problem. So could you please give me a quick idea as what I could do to remove the "gun-smoke effect"?

Sure...open all the unit pbo's and edit the configs.

Remove the script lines after each unit's config entry.

Smoe is scripted to men not to weapons, thus a modern soldier with a musket won't smoke at all, while a rebel with an M60 will...

Hello.

I very much enjoy version V.1.1 even thoug no MP was possible and was pleaset to se that you updatet.

But I cant get V1.2 to work, and suddenly me old V.1.1 dont work either.

I get a "Addon 'sanctuarypitol' requires 'Bis_Resistance'

I have try to delet all my OFP and install a new original OFP updatet to 1.96 and it still dont work.

What is wrong, help needed help.gif

Regards Henrik, Denmark.

Ordered a real LeMat a few days ago.

You can get real live LeMats these days??  Last one I saw cost an arm, a leg, another arm and maybe a foot.

Downloading the mod now wink_o.gif.

Yep, Pietta in Italy started making them to the original drawings in mid nineties.

Thanks to Val Forgett (Her wrote the book on LeMat and his gun)

They come in three versions, Cavlary, Navy, Army.

All cal .44/69, best price is somewhere around 650 US$.

About average for a decent blackpowder revolver.

Not exactly what first notch target shooters go for, but the ones i tried shot well enough to impress me.

Besides, after a full load, the other guys buy you drinks so you leave the range and they can see their targets again. biggrin_o.gif

Means you need OFP: Resistence not only OFP.

Pistol anims require it.

Yes I know that, and as I wrote, I have updatet it to V1.96, you can only do that if you have resistance, so thats not why.

Sure...open all the unit pbo's and edit the configs.

Remove the script lines after each unit's config entry.

Smoe is scripted to men not to weapons, thus a modern soldier with a musket won't smoke at all, while a rebel with an M60 will...

Thanks. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah I thought you had the smoke-effect scripted to the men, and not the weaons.

But I'm pretty sure I've found the right script line in the PBO's, so I'll give it a try. Thanks again. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And you installed it properly? Everything in appropriate folders?

Never heard of that bug yet...

Yes, I have the folder "CWMOD" ind the F:\OFP\operationflashpoint and I made a shortcut in windows.

After I delete it all I tryd again and got the same strange message.

Then I install ECP and Liberation mod and they both work 100%.

So,... it is a bit fucked biggrin_o.gif

Sorry man...no clue then.

You might try opening CWMODpistol.pbo and removing requiredAddons[] = {BIS_Resistance}; from config.

Though I don't know what effect this would have.

Hmm have just try to do that, but it only CTD.

Well, it is probaly just on of this OFP things hehe, sometimes this game behave nicely and sometimes it dont.

But thanks for trying to help mate. smile_o.gif

Despite our differences, triglav making a mod release is never easy (and pleasing everyone is impossible) so congrats on release of 1.2 from the house divided team to yours.

If you're importing a real Le Mat, be sure to look in to licensing and local laws -  I can recall reading that pistol shotguns were illegal in most places without a particular license due to barrel length laws.  Not sure how it all works, but it never hurts to find out for sure.

Sounds like a fun pickup in any case.

Despite our differences, triglav making a mod release is never easy (and pleasing everyone is impossible) so congrats on release of 1.2 from the house divided team to yours.

Thank you Gavin.

Well...your release will most likely be the only next US Civil War thing to come, so good luck on that.

Excellent work folks!!!!!

Just dl'ed and checked it out.

The horses are first rate!!!!

sorry to hear your leaving Trig..... and Pickett as well.

I give you guys 4 months tops and you'll be back biggrin_o.gif

just buy the wife some flowers or maybe a diamond and all will be ok again.....lol.

Now on to making some missions..........

[edit]Seems the U.S.S Monitor has some proxy problems that make it unplayable....I will post a fix in a day or so.

And see if Trig can include the fix in future downloads.

bigus

Yeah I noticed the bug with the interior of the USS Monitor too. huh.gif And there dosn't seem to be any sights for the gunner either. confused_o.gif

try this file for now but the link will only be up for a day or so.

[edit]see Tsal's download link or download from the CW site

replace this file in the CW addons folder.

bigus

Good job on the release. I noticed that people have pointed out the Monitor issue but what about the group's selection issue in the editor? I'm too lazy to individually pick the new infantry with a nco or officer for a group. Anyway, time for some pictures you guys might like.... rofl.gif

poorjackson1.JPG

Some guy named Jackson.... whistle.gif

poorjackson2.JPG

I wonder what would happen if you crank the handle...

poorjackson4.JPG

OH CRAP.... crazy_o.gif

poorjackson5.JPG

Oops... wow_o.gif

Dammit!!! banghead.gif

This happens when you rush a release.  crazy_o.gif

We should have held it back for another month for playtesting.

This way some fixes and changes were being added, but not sufficiently tested and we get errors.

The fixed USS Monitor is available for download at our page.

It was missing the view-cargo lod.

(If you're the fixing type, just make a lod view-cargo and copy in it 2nd view lod).

@Billybob

There are group selections available, just not for all the variety of units.

But you have basic North and South squads there...

@ Jason O'Neil

Works when I try it.  huh.gif

FA-MAS: No SAA, it was made after the Civil War.

Hah ha, rebels are certainly better in close combat than yanks! We took a nice deathmatch with a matey in Fredericksburg yesterday, and our rifles had no ammo. Well no problem here, we just started hitting each other. Ah, my friend pulls out his pistol, and bah! The stupid yank can't hit me and me beats him to death! rofl.gif

Great mod, gotta fix and test a lil' mission today so I can release it soon.

EDIT: And also, cavalry seem to act quite weird in MP. We took a cavalryman vs. cavalryman with the very same friend and his horse kept running forward while the rider floated around without the horse. He saw me doing normally but himself going weird, too...