Sign in to follow this  
wi77ard

United Kingdom Island

we at 22 SAS Regiment are making the United Kingdom for ofp.

It has already been made to some extent and is being tested by the regiment.

It is planned to be released sometime in the distant future, after much testing and lots more editing.

The island consists of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Major cities are included, however is it not possible to include all cities.

I've included an image to satisfiy all who are interested. As mentioned at the moment this addon is purely for 22 Regiment, however it is being considered for public release, if there is enough positive interest.

Please do NOT try to tell us what we should be adding or where stuff should be added.

Note - this is our first attempt at making an island so be nice, else we wont read your posts!

Thanks for your attention ............

ukisland.JPG

Looks great! are there the white cliffs of dover? or are they flat as a pan cake? AND WHERES BRISTOL! huh.giftounge2.gif

Wildo

We will have most cities and towns on there its just were trying to make it as realistic as possible.

So far it is about 60% completed theres no lag works great and looks great biggrin_o.gif

hopefully most of you will agree with us by the pic, with this being our first island smile_o.gif

Layout looks great so far, keep it up. How about some shots from the ground, to estimate the looks of the map. wink_o.gif

Wow, this looks super nifty. What's the scale like? Is it going to be a sort of "mini-UK", or will it be to scale? Either way, it's looking very impressive. thumbs-up.gif

Looks great! notworthy.gif

How many towns are you going to place?

How big will it be?....

I know...i'm nosey whistle.gif

please dont cut off south devon

looks great always wanted this

cant wait to bomb Newton Abbot

increadible! wow_o.gif

hey, tankieboy, you mean school? then you are just Irlander terrorist...:)

well, this island is something new... so i'm waiting for it notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

grea stuff! i always wanted an island of the UK. tried making one my self but could never get the scale and shape right. keep it up!

Well obviously the scale isn't going to be right. But it looks good anyway! Should be pretty cool. smile_o.gif

curious as to why cambridge is a major city tounge2.gif one of you lot live there perhaps?

looks great smile_o.gif

cool, My towns too small to be included i guess but I suggest you create "Elgin" I really want to blow up that horrid miserable place but its not on that island biggrin_o.gif go on make it ^^ if u have time rofl.gifyay.gif

Can you make a "chav" addon as well so we can burn them in their homes?  biggrin_o.gif

FYI, Inverness is on the East Coast wink_o.gif And the area around Aberdeen needs to be bigger and the area Inverness is in slightly smaller. Just a few words of advice, but otherwise looks good. smile_o.gif

Why do all of you want to blow up your hometowns, instead of protecting and defending them?

thanks for the positive feed back

yeh we know some of the place names arnt quite in the right place and that some places have been made into larger than life cities.

No sorry its not going to be a 'to scale' replica. firstly its too much work, we're creating a mod, just an island. Our first prirorty is our clan. This stuff comes second to it.

Yes cambridge is my home, so it was made into a nice place lol

I'll dig out some ingame screenies soon.

As for smaller towns, please dont expect ur home to be on this island, coz i bet it aint! There are many farm areas, forests and hills and mountainous ground is located in the right areas (roughly) for example it has the cork and kerry mountains in the republic of island.

Now all you UK guys can make missions in which you form a resistance unit and defend your hometown! biggrin_o.gif

Why do all of you want to blow up your hometowns, instead of protecting and defending them?

try living in our towns for a few years and you'll see why wink_o.gif

Looking like this island is going to be fun

will fish and chip shops be included biggrin_o.gif also id love to see a screen of london and parilment and things. Have managed to model a few land mark buildings? or are you just useing buildings that look close enough to the real things.

Now ill be able to drive over boy racers cars in a tank and shoot up council estates legally. whistle.gif

Any one else thinking what im thinking? 28 days later mission!