Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Idea Games NOT publishing Armed Assault/

Who ever they have to publish the VBS series could publish the game?

Well, Coalescent Technologies would probably sneer at the idea of stooping to the level of consumer level marketing. From my impression, the publishing deal for VBS1 was a very strict government arrangement.

Guest Ti0n3r

They both agreed to end the deal.

does any 1 not think that if bohemia came forward to microsoft, microsoft would be very eager to take on the job of publishing armed assault with microsoft game studios, and with that a possible 360 version as well.

I think if bohemia was to attaempt this microsoft would be sure to snap them up if they would agree to do a 360 port to keep a 1up on their rivals. The 360 has a very strong fps background throughout day 1, ghost recon and rainbow six 3 for example but their realism has been consistently diluted to the point where these "realistic" shooters are just about as run and gun as quake 4.

graw was a big let down, and given the fact that ofp:e

recieved so many good reviews for the xbox, it just seems that if armed assault came to the 360, it would fill the void in the 360s lineup and be a huge success (not to mention making me very happy indeed).

Also when i played ofp:e on live i found that many players were put off by the graphics, therefore not giving the game a chance and quickly leaving, however the people that stayed on longer, realised how good this game was and were addicted, and with armed assault looking good enough for people not to dismiss this game from the offset on the 360, people would play it for longer, then they would be hit with the ofp bug and this game would be an instant success.

Ijust thought i would bring this up as i am sick and tired of playing crappy battlefield 2, graw and other titles which are not up to scracth compared to ofp, a game which was released yeard and years ago. i am now considering going back to my pc days when aa comes out because of this.

Please consider this at least as the 360 following has a need for realism that is not quenched, look at how succesfull forza was and the reviews ofp:e got, ofp:e came into the xbox scene too late but could surely be fixed with a release of aa relatively soon.

If Microsoft were to publish a BIS game, BIS would be under Microsoft. And I'm pretty sure BIS wants to stay indie forever.

Myself, I detest Steam. I must be one of the few players who doesn't play games online, or even on a computer without online capability. Therefore, AA over Steam would probably mean my upgrading capabilities would be crippled. Everyone else would be camping around v1.xx while I'm still at 1.00, unless of course, stand-alone patches are released.

Please don't use Steam, BIS? Please? sad_o.gif

Microsoft to publish BIS games...doesn't sound bad at all. I would hope that ArmA wouldn't be released via Steam (or anything like it).

Why? I mean, Codemasters seems like a fine publisher, and ArmA looks like a marketable game (I mean if they marketted OFP, then there's no reason they would think ArmA is too niche)

Why? I mean, Codemasters seems like a fine publisher, and ArmA looks like a marketable game (I mean if they marketted OFP, then there's no reason they would think ArmA is too niche)

This has also puzzled me, but I guess maybe Codemasters wanted to fund other projects more mainstream like those music games shown at the Codemasters booth at E3. Or maybe the deals with Coalescent Tech and the founding of BIA were a serious intrusion into the business deal BIS and Codemasters had.

It seems that BIS and Codemasters have never really elaborated as to why they split up, so I guess maybe we need to respect that secrecy. The reasons could have been very complex, not worth explaining.

don't let microsoft put their ugly million dollar hands on bis! crazy_o.gif they'll force them to do game only for windows vista and xbox 360 wow_o.gif i hope the whole idea thingy will work out for Bis. thumbs-up.gif

At least BIS still has some time left. The game has a ways to go before being ready for shipping anyway.

On Codemasters vs BIS i would say 'Never say never again'

It could very well be a 'personal' thing like some managers inside who think along some line. If those individual leave who knows.

One cannot say 'Codemasters is bad' (or BIS is bad) ... no, it is the ppl inside who make the companies. Ppl change/leave ... things could change.

I personally wouldn't rule out Codemasters as a publisher if some 'personal egocentric views' are dumped/out-of-the-way

Mickysoft sucks, they will stick with FS for the PC and HALO for the crapbox 360 for the next 20 years.

Afaik its their fault that maxgubit and the other 10 people who play OPF:E cant run it on 360's...

Mickysoft sucks, they will stick with FS for the PC and HALO for the crapbox 360 for the next 20 years.

Afaik its their fault that maxgubit and the other 10 people who play OPF:E cant run it on 360's...

lol

Microsoft to publish BIS games...doesn't sound bad at all. I would hope that ArmA wouldn't be released via Steam (or anything like it).

Ever heared of a the words flexability or protection of intellectual property and certain rights that would probably be heftily denied by M$ ?

lol

Lol (but true. 360 hw and xbl are super, but games till now seem to be very mainstream with exception of Oblivion;)

im sure microsoft would be able to come to an arrangement where they are still allowed to be a freelance developer but still let ms publish aa.

microsoft would push this game into the mainstream with proper distribution of this game, advertising etc. After all the company needs sales to survive and ms would help that greatly.

ms have published lots of high profile games and this would add to their collection and hopefully benefit bis.

the best 2 aspects of ms being bis new publisher would be:

1. it's superior distribution etc and;

2. if a 360 version and it would be very successful, as maxquibit was saying most games at the moment are very mainstream for the 360 bar oblivion, which sold over 1 million in its 1st week i believe. and xbox has a strong fps fanbase and realistic fps fanbase which is still not satisfied

Of course there are drawbacks, for instance a linux version wouldn't be made, but i'd much rather see this game see the light of day, be very succesful, be on windows and 360, os opposed to it not being published for a very long time and having just a pc and a linux version for the 3 people who actually use it to game on.

a linux version for the 3 people who actually use it to game on.

You might want to recheck your figures. Thousands play games on linux and their number is growing at an exponential rate at the moment.

a linux version for the 3 people who actually use it to game on.

You might want to recheck your figures. Thousands play games on linux and their number is growing at an exponential rate at the moment.

Thousands play on Linux? Not a very large number, in the grand scheme of things. From a business pov, not very tempting.