Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

New vids look nice, certainly. I reckon no animation for picking weapons up blows, though. I mean, it's like he's gained use of the Force all of a sudden.

Hmm it was the same in the e3 demo too, but BIS said that they haven't gotten around to putting the animation in yet, so they still haven't gotten around to it with the GC demo.

Or maybe they decided to leave it out to attract more main stream gamers.

...I reckon no animation for picking weapons up blows, though. I mean, it's like he's gained use of the Force all of a sudden.

Yeah, that sucks ass. Hopefully its just that it hasnt been added yet, not that its been removed totally confused_o.gif

Is it just me or are the Bullet hit sounds way to loud in the new videos, To the point that they are sometimes louder then the guns firing!

Yeah, again, hopefully this is just config issues which need tweaking. I doubt the person getting shot would be able to hear it, let alone someone 20m+ away...

New vids look nice, certainly. I reckon no animation for picking weapons up blows, though. I mean, it's like he's gained use of the Force all of a sudden.

I thought they said that the picking up weapons anim. are just missing...

All you SP mission guys should not get disheartened over animations. Remember, it's a MP game your seeing in the vid. It could just be the same as the the climb ladder anims for OFP.

In SP the anims played without any problems, in MP only the guy climbing the ladder could see the animation. But you should get online. If you really do want to face an intelligent (relatively speaking) opponent smile_o.gif

btw anyone checked the editor video from the nofreag site noticed when the dude is going to place out a group of east soldiers , you can see quickly for a few seconds there is the different groups under east ->Armor platton->infantery platton->air squadron yay.gif

does that somehow mean that we won't have helicopters and aircraft crashing into eachother that often anymore? inlove.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

or is air squadron just a helicopter grouped with a bunch of infantery? Anyword about this Placebo? whats in the air squadron in the mission editor? Also noticed that there was a new entry in west named static, wonder whats in there too tounge2.gif

That gotta be Multiplayer. I dont think the AI is that smart yet. wink_o.gif

Of course, if the AI were that good, I'd think twice about getting to my feet in single player. biggrin_o.gif Plus you can tell by the way the other guy kinda "floats" in little bits.

btw anyone checked the editor video from the nofreag site noticed when the dude is going to place out a group of east soldiers , you can see quickly for a few seconds there is the different groups under east ->Armor platton->infantery platton->air squadron yay.gif

does that somehow mean that we won't have helicopters and aircraft crashing into eachother that often anymore? inlove.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

or is air squadron just a helicopter grouped with a bunch of infantery? Anyword about this Placebo? whats in the air squadron in the mission editor? Also noticed that there was a new entry in west named static, wonder whats in there too tounge2.gif

I guess that it will have similar Air squadrons as in OFP:E

(Av8b insteed of A10 ect)

Which are.

Attack Squadron:2x Apache, 2x Cobra

Guarded Transport:1xChinook, 1xBlackhawhMG, 1xBlackhawk FFAR, 1xApache, 1xCobra

Para Squadron:6xCommandos with parachutes

Plane Squadron:2xA10 LGB's, 2xA10 Maverick's

Transport Squadron:1xChinook, 1xBlackhawhMG, 2xBlackhawk FFAR

And yes they dont run into each other as much but it dose happen from time to time.

And Static is for Arty and MG's & GMG on tripods !

I like the deleted scenes film of AA and how they show you all the anims for movement. Then they show how bullets will ricochet off the ground and buildings. Very nice. yay.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Everything in those two vids looks great, exept for the poor animations. As usual. Nice to see some gloves on the US soldiers smile_o.gif

Damn straight - soldiers just don't go out into combat without gloves on these days. Combat with bare hands makes me cringe... and not just for fear of chipping a nail. rofl.gif Hell, paintballing with bare hands makes me cringe - I always bring the ole gloves along.

That gotta be Multiplayer. I dont think the AI is that smart yet. wink_o.gif

well maybe, but there are some and determinated moves that look like AI. I will be very surprised if its an AI in that video. Anyway all points to the right direction (with a few missing details) .. smile_o.gif

And yes they dont run into each other as much but it dose happen from time to time.

So do choppers in real life wink_o.gif

notice how they get out of chopper.. Still the same crappy animation.

this is a must be fixed anim, Would be nice if they just jump from their seats and not from the rotor. (this bug stands to the last minut confused_o.gif )

this is a must be fixed anim, Would be nice if they just jump from their seats and not from the rotor. (this bug stands to the last minut confused_o.gif )

That's the least of my worries, really.

AI is alot more my concern than exiting-vehicle-animation.

That's the least of my worries, really.

AI is alot more my concern than exiting-vehicle-animation.

they said they were working on the AI so..

.. i believe they will make a good job on the ais wink_o.gif

...I reckon no animation for picking weapons up blows, though. I mean, it's like he's gained use of the Force all of a sudden.

Yeah, that sucks ass. Hopefully its just that it hasnt been added yet, not that its been removed totally confused_o.gif

Is it just me or are the Bullet hit sounds way to loud in the new videos, To the point that they are sometimes louder then the guns firing!

Yeah, again, hopefully this is just config issues which need tweaking. I doubt the person getting shot would be able to hear it, let alone someone 20m+ away...

Which part of which vid are you talking about?

Because if it's when he's testing ricochets, he's using a silenced weapon and shoots 10m away, on solid ground surface, so it's normal the hit souind is louder than the silenced shot, isn't it?

Which part of which vid are you talking about?

Because if it's when he's testing ricochets, he's using a silenced weapon and shoots 10m away, on solid ground surface, so it's normal the hit souind is louder than the silenced shot, isn't it?

heya, i think they talking about the pot pourri video rather than the delected scenes vid

i see we still have the light cones on aircraft:crazy:

although i liked how the vehicles moved generally, they looked heavier and as if the engines were working to move rather than it just being a sound

think if i ever make an addon for Arma it'll be some hikers so i can camp in that countryside, seeing as apparently the US state department thinks its ok to travel there, so shall a lil Brit like me!

Also loving the Swan lake music when the north sahrani (i think) bloke is talking about his beloved AK lol!

bootneckofficer

that video is multiplayer, just check out the last 2seconds of it and you see the multiplayer screen (the two player names)