Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

There was weapon sway in OFP so why wouldn't it be in Arma?

Heck, if any modern FPS didn't have weapon sway, unless purposely (like a Zero-G simulation or something), they'd be crucified.

- I hope for:

1) Automatic addon transfer (anno 2006) or let ArmA addons

downloaden from remote server.(like homepage)

2) Better Indoor lighting (no streetlight through walls pls)

3) Better nv goggles (now i see better without them)

4) Snow fall.

5) Better mousespeed arrow menu.

But number 1 that transfer thing is most wanted for me.

I'd like realistic reloading á la Raven Shield, where you see the magazine be removed, and then the new one reinserted, and then the cocking handle being pulled back. The way that you get an extra round in the chamber when you do a tactical reload (also in RVS) would be cool, though I doubt that will have made its way into the game two.

I know that you can fire from APC gunports, but I hope the occupants of open topped jeeps and trucks can engage the enemy too

I like and agree with everything Dslyecxi has in his article.

I know that you can fire from APC gunports

Have you got a source for that info? First I've heard of it in all the interviews etc that I've read.

I know that you can fire from APC gunports

Have you got a source for that info? First I've heard of it in all the interviews etc that I've read.

Maybee he means from the gunners positions!  wink_o.gif

I remember reading it in an article or thread that was talking about features in VBS that are going into ArmA. Perhaps that was one of the featrues that wasnt going in banghead.gif

I remember reading it in an article or thread that was talking about features in VBS that are going into ArmA. Perhaps that was one of the featrues that wasnt going in  banghead.gif

Its possible, but i dont think that it will be in the standard game.

(And i think that it would be pretty hard to exchange the ammo from the soldier to the vehicle-gun which the soldier is using, but we will see.. wink_o.gif )

what do u think- is it possible (with the new game engine) to add soft shadows under the vehicles like in race games, so that it looks more realistic with this hdr renderer???

perhaps its possible for mod-makers

not realtime shadows i mean soft shadow textures

and so- i hope soft shadows under vehicles are possible

what do u think- is it possible (with the new game engine) to add soft shadows under the vehicles like in race games, so that it looks more realistic with this hdr renderer???

perhaps its possible for mod-makers

not realtime shadows i mean soft shadow textures

and so- i hope soft shadows under vehicles are possible

Its an engine thing, so i dont think that it can be modded, and with the scale of OFP there wont be much PCs who would be able to handle it anyway? tounge2.gif

but if u use soft shadow textures perhaps like transparent textures - could it be possible. i do not know how all this texture stuff in ofp or armed assault works but if there is a rectangle under the car with a light transparent black color....hmmmm i guess all the mod pros had done such things already if it would be possible- who knows...

there are soft shadows on some pictures ive seen already and evrything ive seen till now, evrything makes me smile_o.gif but if there could be soft shadows under any vehicle it would make me smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

but if u use soft shadow textures perhaps like transparent textures - could it be possible. i do not know how all this texture stuff in ofp or armed assault works but if there is a rectangle under the car with a light transparent black color....hmmmm i guess all the mod pros had done such things already if it would be possible- who knows...

You'd think so wouldn't you? But our "mod pros" are stuck doing the next 20,000 M4A1 models, and the other 3,000 M1A2 Abrams models that are out there. They're done doing anything interesting or innovative.

Guest Ti0n3r

Bullshit. There's still innovative stuff being released every now and then. But I guees you're too busy whining about the stuff you don't like to even notice.

x2 Ti0n3r , quit the critism and appreciate the amount of work the community has done for ofp.

And With new modelling possibiltys such as higher polycounts, multigun positions etc they are far from done, the communitys going to make Armed Assault something awesome.

JIP JIP JIP JIP JIP

The ONLY reason I'm not playing OFP anymore. Me and my buddy will play CTI for hours on end, and of course you get your random OFP crash, thus ruining the entire game.

Bullshit. There's still innovative stuff being released every now and then. But I guees you're too busy whining about the stuff you don't like to even notice.

Every Now and then. That's like 1/5th of all mods, the rest of the 4/5th mods are repeats or boring addons. Come on, this has nothing to do with negativity. We still haven't seen many things that CAN be done, I mean we dont even have custom AT anims yet! Everyone keeps releasing M4A1s, M16s and Abrams tanks.

Every Now and then. That's like 1/5th of all mods, the rest of the 4/5th mods are repeats or boring addons. Come on, this has nothing to do with negativity. We still haven't seen many things that CAN be done, I mean we dont even have custom AT anims yet! Everyone keeps releasing M4A1s, M16s and Abrams tanks.

Thats because the addonmakers have fun in making them, they probably made them because THEY wanted to, not because someone asked for it... wink_o.gif

They are free to make whatever they want, and they release them so other can (if they want to) enjoy them aswell.

Thats because the addonmakers have fun in making them, they probably made them because THEY wanted to, not because someone asked for it... wink_o.gif

They are free to make whatever they want, and they release them so other can (if they want to) enjoy them aswell.

I never said they didnt have fun, or I wasn't wondering why. Yes they are free to make whatever they want. I am merely making the correct point that there are lots of repeat addons...I personally think thats a bad thing.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But our "mod pros" are stuck doing the next 20,000 M4A1 models, and the other 3,000 M1A2 Abrams models that are out there. They're done doing anything interesting or innovative.

I am only aware of Three M1 packs. band.gif

There's a lot more, and plus it's called an exaggeration. If you thought I literally meant 3,000 then you are an idiot icon_rolleyes.gif

But you're serious about there being literally 20,000 M4A1's right?

Oh, and I wish that there are unicorns and antelope and other ungulate mammals in ArmA.

I think you guys should discuss this some place else? k thnx.

Also, 3 M1 packs: FSK's, INQ/KH's, Sigma's.. any others confused_o.gif

There's a lot more, and plus it's called an exaggeration. If you thought I literally meant 3,000 then you are an idiot icon_rolleyes.gif

So do u mean there are less than 3000? im having trouble understanding you.. confused_o.gif