Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

Is it safe to hope for the features found in VBS1 will be in Armed Assault? Since ArmA is using a heavily built VBS1 engine, I don't see why many of the features can't be implemented. The ones like Artillery, moving inside vehicles etc. Or will I be sorely disappointed?

I think it's realistic to expect that some features from VBS1 will show up in ArmA in some capacity. I don't think we should expect all of them, though.

Set your expectations such that you only expect to see one or two VBS1 features, because I'm sure they'll deliver that. Then, if they end up including more, you'll be pleasantly surprised by it. wink_o.gif

Is it safe to hope for the features found in VBS1 will be in Armed Assault? Since ArmA is using a heavily built VBS1 engine, I don't see why many of the features can't be implemented. The ones like Artillery, moving inside vehicles etc. Or will I be sorely disappointed?

I think it's realistic to expect that some features from VBS1 will show up in ArmA in some capacity. I don't think we should expect all of them, though.

Set your expectations such that you only expect to see one or two VBS1 features, because I'm sure they'll deliver that. Then, if they end up including more, you'll be pleasantly surprised by it. wink_o.gif

Well really all I want is shooting outside of APCs and Tanks. Everything else would be nice but that needs to be a priority.

Also in VBS1, when you could pop out of the hatch in say the M113, can you duck too?

Sorry to break your chain, lads - but it'd be nice to actually be able to "get out" of an APC. You know, have the ramp/doors opening, then being able to run out into the wide open world... a bit late for this suggestion, but it would be nice to see it in Game2 at least.

Sorry to break your chain, lads - but it'd be nice to actually be able to "get out" of an APC. You know, have the ramp/doors opening, then being able to run out into the wide open world... a bit late for this suggestion, but it would be nice to see it in Game2 at least.

Nah thats too much. I just want the VBS1 feature of shooting out if it. Thats enough because it actually has something useful. But the walking around or getting out is just eye candy.

Well really all I want is shooting outside of APCs and Tanks. Everything else would be nice but that needs to be a priority.

Also in VBS1, when you could pop out of the hatch in say the M113, can you duck too?

Have you seen the videos that show this feature in VBS1? It looks like you could duck if you wanted to.

I think CameronMcDonald has a valid point as i would also like to de-bus from an APC whithout having to go through an animation.

I think the shooting from the APC is eye candy as what does it provide. The main gun is for support not the guys inside. The whole point of an APC is to get a squad of men into a danger area as quickly and as safely as possible. If your taking small-arms fire then an APC can handle that and the main gun will deal with any AT threat. If the threat of an AT weapon was there then you would de-bus and take him out with your squad. This means the de-bussing of the APC is vitally important.

The VBS1 video showing the fireing from the APC was just showing what is possible with this new adaption of the Flashpoint engine and is geared mostly to tank commanders rather than soldiers inside vehicles.

That's just my thoughts on the subject.

Nah thats too much. I just want the VBS1 feature of shooting out if it. Thats enough because it actually has something useful. But the walking around or getting out is just eye candy.

WOW... hope something like this would be in armed assault.. Drive by shooting here we come! xmas_o.gif

WOW... hope something like this would be in armed assault.. Drive by shooting here we come! xmas_o.gif

Walking around in vehicles is already confirmed for Game2 ffs! tounge2.gif

What do I hope will be in ArmA?

Everything in this article. tounge2.gif

Will it happen? Nope, but one can dream.

There's a discussion about said article in the offtopic forum if you hadn't already seen it.

Those realistic weapon recoils and kinetics would be grand. I'd love to mess up some houses and/or enemies with a Ma Deuce or DShK, and see nice little craters where my rounds have penetrated walls and/or bodies.

Those realistic weapon recoils and kinetics would be grand. I'd love to mess up some houses and/or enemies with a Ma Deuce or DShK, and see nice little craters where my rounds have penetrated walls and/or bodies.

Ballistics and kinetics are in, but not penetration.

Penetration IS in, we just don't know in what capacity. We do know that it can be material-specific, though.

Something which has probably been mentioned before - I'd like to see a true-to-life deployable weapon system... like WGL, except built into the engine. If not, then hopefully the scripting system will still (it 99% probably will, I reckon) will still allow for our WGL-esque workaround.

My thoughts may have been mentioned before, but I don't have time to sort through 30 pages of text.

First off, I just hope that the AI can land a helicopter in a decent manner. I hate flying over an area... and hovering (under fire), while the AI tries to place the helicopter down at a rate of 3m/s.

Secondly, a large part of wishful thinking on my part. Some sort of scripting commands that will alter how the VoIP system is used. For example, limit the functionality of certain radio channels to certain individuals (or individuals carrying a weapon, such as a radio). In this system, everyone could talk locally (so that only those around you can hear you), but only men with radios could talk to other individuals with radios.

Furthermore, it'd be nice to have some sort of large-scale command system, especially for MP play. It'd be nice to include some sort of chain of command into missions, even if it only scales up a few levels. This way, CTI missions could become much more organized.

Penetration IS in, we just don't know in what capacity. We do know that it can be material-specific, though.

We are able to define the kind of material something is made of (wood, steel,...) so that probably defines is we can shoot trough something. smile_o.gif

I HOPE aswell as penetration bullet impacts will look more realistic when hitting different materials such as buildings, tree's and metal. Not the same brown, measly, unsatisfying puff out of everything shot.

I know its forum suicide but to heck with it anyways....

TAKE BF2 FOR EXAMPLE smile_o.gif

@ Average Joe:  I think you may just be the first person to make a connection with something GOOD in BF2 and not get lynched.  That was a very valid point. (if you're alive tommorow, congratulations  wink_o.gif  )

@ Homefry: I think by the [edit]: video [/edit](please BIS let it be so) that the helo drivers have no problem slamming their birds down.  They seemed to land quite decently IMHO  smile_o.gif

I HOPE aswell as penetration bullet impacts will look more realistic when hitting different materials such as buildings, tree's and metal. Not the same brown, measly, unsatisfying puff out of everything shot.

TAKE BF2 FOR EXAMPLE  smile_o.gif

*Gasp* You lie! wow_o.gif

rofl.gif Well, sounds cool, I have always thought that those brown puffs could use some improvement. Not too important, but good impact effects make things much more intense.

Agreed. The running animations seem to be unfinished (?) and the weapon view is...new. Usually when you run, your weapon is pointed down and therefore you don't even see it until you aim. The weaponview in AA (from the vids) block a lot of sight and I hope BI changes it. I also agree that the helmet should stop bullets, although not CS-style. I hope that range and bullet caliber (ballistics) play a role in helmet protection in ArmA, as I see no reason why not to implement it (It is realistic).

i agree and want it.

Agreed. The running animations seem to be unfinished (?) and the weapon view is...new. Usually when you run, your weapon is pointed down and therefore you don't even see it until you aim. The weaponview in AA (from the vids) block a lot of sight and I hope BI changes it. I also agree that the helmet should stop bullets, although not CS-style. I hope that range and bullet caliber (ballistics) play a role in helmet protection in ArmA, as I see no reason why not to implement it (It is realistic).

i agree and want it.

Maybe, because its priority is too low compared to other, more important things?

Guys, your wishing won't bring you anywhere. BIS will include what they will, but they can't change the world within some months.

I guess this image fits here pretty well, too . . .

speculation.gif

Yeah we know but since place is on his holidays and it seems the rest of BIS is speculation keeps my brain ticking over until we get some nice new information smile_o.gif

TAKE BF2 FOR EXAMPLE smile_o.gif

The best effects so far are in GRAW but BF2 style will do also. wink_o.gif

I'd like to enter the names of squad members, like worms....so i could send my Boss off to do suicide missions while I try and keep people I like safe.... pistols.gif

i hope there will be weapon sway in ama.So playing it will be something more than only shooting.If we can't hit our target easily,we will have to use tactics and the game will be more interesting.I have heard that there is already weapon sway in ama.Is that true?