Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

I want good vehicle physics like choppers and aircraft in Battlefield 2.

For it to be released;)

Do I detect frustration creeping back into these forums?  banghead.gif

Remember the saying: Good things come to all those that wait!  tounge2.gif

I'm sure we will here something more from BIS fairly soon, I can feel it in my bones! - Either that or I've got rumatism again!  biggrin_o.gif

Personally I would just like it to be released when it is properly ready, rather than full of bugs and half baked content.  wink_o.gif

I would like to see lots of extra expansion packs that contain to some extent the content for VBS. I would love to pick up a US Army expansion pack containing addons from the VBS1 pack of the same name. I seriously doubt that will happen though.

Oh well.

I hope the box contains a pull out instruction card like OFP did. (i still have that by the way! )

I hope its on DVD

I hope they don't release a 'gold' or 'collectors' edition two months after initial release crammed with everything they should have put onto the first DVD!

I hope they include some of the better community add ons and or missions to show how to convert them to ArmA.

I'd also like to see some box art, so that i know what i'm looking for in the shops when i have to fight my way past all those snot nosed kids and x-box fans that can hardly string a sentence together, in order to buy the only game i've been waiting for since Operation:Flashpoint Resistance came out all those many moons ago!!

I'd also like to see some old faces in the new campaign, such as Armstrong and Blake etc. (i wonder what era the new campaign will be...? Will it be a follow up from CWC...? )

Come on, surely the game is ready for a playable demo on the front of pc Gamer or something...!

I WANNA' PLAY!!!

I hope there is a streamlined editor that makes add-on management and unit choice easier and flexible. And something like the JAM mod implemented.

For it to be released;)

Do I detect frustration creeping back into these forums? banghead.gif

Remember the saying: Good things come to all those that wait! tounge2.gif

I'm sure we will here something more from BIS fairly soon, I can feel it in my bones! - Either that or I've got rumatism again! biggrin_o.gif

Personally I would just like it to be released when it is properly ready, rather than full of bugs and half baked content. wink_o.gif

I am abit frustrated,so taking it out on you guys helps somewhat nener.gif

But I'm with you on the quality control issue.

I hope they're not stalling because lack of distribution.Why not release it over the web.Let people download it after paying online?

Instead of one giga large file,put in managable packets so one can download it in installments.

I also hope the makers listen to the community

yay.gif

Why not release it over the web.Let people download it after paying online?

That is a bloody good idea!

They should do that.  And make it free to people who own the original game!!! whistle.gif

They should do that. And make it free to people who own the original game!!! whistle.gif

Let's not get carried away goodnight.gif

They should do that.  And make it free to people who own the original game!!! whistle.gif

...well...ok .

But they should release it on line though. Good thinking.

That would solve the 'no publisher' problem.

I mostly hoped for ragdolls, but i doesn't feature in the game sad_o.gif But I wish for:

-CQC

-Animations added for each weapon(Every game has it now, so they should have it too)

-swimming

-Dynamic finger

-I know dynamic buidlings will feature

-Be right back

I mostly hoped for ragdolls

-Animations added for each weapon(Every game has it now, so they should have it too)

Everyone has a right to hope for different things - but personally I hope those items are a low priority for BIS. I can think of a hundred changes which would improve realistic gameplay!

I doubt any OFP player wants Arma to have fantastic effects and graphics at the expense of turning Arma into another arcade shooter like CoD, BF2 and Rainbow Six 4.

I mostly hoped for ragdolls

Everyone has a right to hope for different things - but personally I hope those items are a low priority for BIS. I can think of a hundred changes which would improve realistic gameplay!

I doubt any OFP player wants Arma to have fantastic effects and graphics at the expense of turning Arma into another arcade shooter like CoD, BF2 and Rainbow Six 4.

Correct.

But why can't it do both?

Also: what the hell is Dynamic Fingure!?!?!

It can do both! If BIS have plenty of time after completing the other imrpovements wink_o.gif

If they do that, then 1.5 will be better than 2 and seeing as there are already such clear definitions and screen shots for the 'real' sequal, and the continual setbacks AND the fact that there is no publisher yet (youd of thought some one would have snapped it up by now...) leads me to beleive that ArmA may never ever come to fruition due to the fact that it has already been surpased with the next project.

I think BI should abort ArmA and focus all atention on the other other sequel, other wise in four years time, we, and all the new ofp players, will be on line wishing for flashpoint 2 to be released.....

These delays are extreamly bad for moral you know?

...well...ok .

But they should release it on line though.   Good thinking.

That would solve the 'no publisher' problem.

It would most likely kill the sales... confused_o.gif

If they were to release it for download only then people like me could never own it. The largest file I've ever downloaded successfully was FDF 1.3 which is around 300 megs give or take. It took me an entire week where I would start the download when I went to bed only to wake up and find the download crapped out around the 100 meg mark. I cringe when I imagine the impossibility of downloading a full game.

In the end I don't understand all this digital distribution junk anyway. I've reinstalled Flashpoint more times than I can count over the past five years do to numerous reformats and buying a new computer once. Because of that I demand a physical copy so I can reinstall it if my computer screws up or whatever else might occur. I only buy games that I will enjoy enough to reinstall if something goes wrong.

The whole digital distribution method assumes that people only install a game once, if they lose it do to a crash or what not they wont care because they’ll be sick of it already. It also assumes every one has a T1 line. Forget about it.

If they were to release it for download only then people like me could never own it. The largest file I've ever downloaded successfully was FDF 1.3 which is around 300 megs give or take. It took me an entire week where I would start the download when I went to bed only to wake up and find the download crapped out around the 100 meg mark. I cringe when I imagine the impossibility of downloading a full game.

In the end I don't understand all this digital distribution junk anyway. I've reinstalled Flashpoint more times than I can count over the past five years do to numerous reformats and buying a new computer once. Because of that I demand a physical copy so I can reinstall it if my computer screws up or whatever else might occur. I only buy games that I will enjoy enough to reinstall if something goes wrong.

The whole digital distribution method assumes that people only install a game once, if they lose it do to a crash or what not they wont care because they’ll be sick of it already. It also assumes every one has a T1 line. Forget about it.

I don't see your problem.If you have 56k modem at your house,then I'm sure there is some internet cafes where you can download it,and burn the files on DVD.Ofcourse if one has to download it everytime one has to install it then that would be most unfortunate....

But it was only suggested to get around a problem of distribution which most likely isn't a problem thumbs-up.gif

whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifyay.gif id like to see better reload animations and be able to destroy every building and object hehehe wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

whistle.gif  whistle.gif  whistle.gif  yay.gif id like to see better reload animations and be able to destroy every building and object hehehe wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

That'll be for Game2 ....not ArmA!   wink_o.gif

I havnt seen any shots of the resistance guys yet...has anyone else?

Seen the US guys and the Russians but not the FIA.

I've seen the LandRover shot, prehaps that belongs to them...or are the UK involved this time?

Also I'd like to see the Resistance support vehicles fixed!

I can't believe how many patches and mods that have come out and no one (to my knowledge) has ever added the single line of code to fix the Res Fuel or Repair trucks, or added relevant weapons the the Ammo truck.

If i can do it anyone can!

I guess it must be so simple that no one else has every bothered.

...or has no one ever noticed before?

I've not seen Russians or a Land Rover in Arma screenshots? There are some Game2 screenshots which include Russians and a Land Rover, sure you haven't got them confused?

in a few words. take VBS 1 with terrain pack 3 and the new landscape and graphic engine, press it on disc and name it ArmA smile_o.gif

no, i realy hope there is a lot stuff from VBS1 in the game but i want to see some better graphic environments and features.

more realtime vehicels like artillery tanks

on Normal mode the actual state of the art shooting from tanks

on Veteran mode the reality simulation style of Tank firing computers with IR, Laser guided firing computer of the M1a2 abrams or the german Leopard 2A6. Manual Laser guided TOWs and many more.

more detailed destructions on vehicels

destruction system from VBS1 for ArmA (driving through buildings etc.)

Better editor and Moding tools

armpatches for online clans and groups like in VBS1 used.

and many many more...

greetz