Sign in to follow this  
LoTekK

Combat! M977 HEMMTs

Hope this thread is appropriate. I did a search, but the old Combat! thread had been locked, and I couldn't find anything else pertinent.

Anyways, yeah. The M977s, all versions (open, covered, MG) disappear when they should switch to a lower LOD. At my current settings of viewdistance 1500, visual quality 8..21, and framerate 20..40, they disappear somewhere around 150-200m from my position. So, I guess, the third or fourth LOD? Is there any fix planned for this?

Actually, I guess I should probably be asking if anyone else is also experiencing this, or if I maybe have an addon conflict or display issue.

funny crawled over the addon to check it didnt have that problem all hemets were perfeoring as spec and I'm the one who ueually had ofdd bugs pop up with addons, try making mod follder see if that fixes it, the modle has all the lods installed. Sounds like addon conflic which i s caused by a number of units that borrow parts from the hemets and misc file. might need to auto detect your game settings as well. Seeing Combat is busy with VBS1 projects highly doubtful and updates will be made ant this point suggest going to combats site and asking directly. But bothered checking the addon first for you, not really active there as they are focus more on VBS1 more now.

Could be an issue with the "LOD Detail" (or similarly named option) in the OFP Prefences program, which you may need to check out and compare with others. It may be you've accidentally alterred this, and it could be causing the issue.

Odd, though, since I haven't seen any other addons behave this way. In fact, the rest of the Combat vehicles are fine (I stuck the various HEMMTs, a couple HMMWVs, and a Bradley in a convoy, and the 977s were the only ones that disappeared at the lower LODs).

Also, all the Combat addons reside in their own folder. First thing I did when I noticed the problem was load up OFP with only the Combat addons active, but still experienced the same thing. Also played with the various detail settings, but that only resulted in the disappearing act happening at different distances.

hrm not sure what to tell you I'll research it more see if anything comes of it andd makre mention to Rudedog, not seen himm about in a month now, so might just fix it myself but nobody ealse as had this problem, could also be one of the T &L issues that is coming up with the new gen cards. might be corrupted as well seeing how manytimes things have crashed.

I'll look into this LoTekK, and get back to you. smile_o.gif

It may be a day or two as I'll have to reinstall OFP/Res.

I had a similar problem with my mod's humvees the other day. After messing around with graphics settings it went away. Not sure what it was that fixed it...but I recommend fiddling around with your gfx settings in OFP itself (or in your OFP preferences program in the main directory).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

had simulare problems with SF mods brdms vanishing at about 100 yards mostly driver issues with card updatd drivers and that happened some sort of bug played with my setting it went away. The mod literly ran all the addons in sp and mp for months to make sure they were good. Can't find anything wrong with the model, in o2 can recreate the problem. They did have an issue where glass had a bug but Rude fixed that a long time ago. even tried then on several differnet pcs no issues..

I'm awfully sorry to dig up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one with more or less the same title so I beg for forgiveness even the more so because what I'm posting for is to ask about the whereabouts of that truck that was like a HEMMT hacked in two and articulated as tractor and trailer... I remembered that there was one somewhere but I've made various searches both here and on OFP info and came up empty-handed... confused_o.gifhelp.gif

I see your point there lotekk, I haven't seen the trucks disappear but when I am about 150-200M away from one of them it turns white (Like no textures its strange). just to say have you got the latest version of the hemmts and what system specs are you operating

I have tried to recreate this bug but i am unable to, I tested on three different computers with three different graphic cards and everything worked fine. sad_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 06 2006,21:32)]I'm awfully sorry to dig up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one with more or less the same title so I beg for forgiveness even the more so because what I'm posting for is to ask about the whereabouts of that truck that was like a HEMMT hacked in two and articulated as tractor and trailer... I remembered that there was one somewhere but I've made various searches both here and on OFP info and came up empty-handed... confused_o.gifhelp.gif

By any chance you're searching for this one?

BUZZARD @ June 06 2006,21:32)]I'm awfully sorry to dig up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one with more or less the same title so I beg for forgiveness even the more so because what I'm posting for is to ask about the whereabouts of that truck that was like a HEMMT hacked in two and articulated as tractor and trailer... I remembered that there was one somewhere but I've made various searches both here and on OFP info and came up empty-handed... confused_o.gifhelp.gif

By any chance you're searching for this one?

No, it wasn't the Faun Franziska, it really was a truck that looked like a HEMMT cut in two...

Edit: I found out who did it but now I don't know if it was released or not... seems to be a truck called LVS with the tractor unit being designated Mk48... discovered it on the USMC v1.4 thread but I thought it had been released somewhere as beta... argh, forget about it, I'll just ask in the proper thread... banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Edit 2: Here's a picture of it:

usmc359hr.th.jpg