Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Desert-Rat Addons

most of them never get finished because of animations and configs huh.gif

Then do a V1 with basic config ( Philcommando will be jumping for joy to help out I think), and see if you ever make a V2.

Good luck!

All my models which are ingame have only functionality without any animations (simple config from a toturial site) , means my planes can fly but can't retrack the gear. RKSL have helped me at the X-32 to understand , but as i tried it myself it looks horrible , the ger rotate to the side and such huh.gif

Well it seems that you have picked up modeling so well that if you really applied yourself you could pick up the config and animation work no problem. Once you get that down you can continue to produce addons at the rate you are now, but you will be making complete addons rather that half finnished ones. Keep up the good work. yay.gif

Well i tried animations that often but everytime its not that what i want (tried to make the gear working , two of them works fine , another one flyes in the air but it is done like the others)

No worries, Desert-rat, as long as u have the passion to create, things will fall into place over time. We all started out just like u, with nothing but a burning desire to create something out of nothing in a game we love. Even BAS started out worse..( hehe..u should have seen their first sebnam pack..wpns had that muzzle bug when released, but was later rectified and these addons still amazes me even until now). Try out Brsseb tutorials, they are great to learn about rotation animation and when u master it, you wont need dullschules animator for basic animations. All the best and hope to see more of your work wink_o.gif

Lol@Gandalf:- the V1 and V2 has already been made. Try OFP cz, its there.

Guest RKSL-Rock
All my models which are ingame have only functionality without any animations (simple config from a toturial site) , means my planes can fly but can't retrack the gear. RKSL have helped me at the X-32 to understand , but as i tried it myself it looks horrible , the ger rotate to the side and such huh.gif

Well im trying to write a series of Tutorials along the lines of Bressebs stuff but taking things a little further.

If you have things flying off in different directions is probably because you haven’t assigned an axis properly for the animation.

Keep trying and you will learn ....just like the rest of us. smile_o.gif

well first i am doing the textures now , have already some of them finished.

@Philcommando: Ya i had this sebnam , but BAS is a group of Addonmaker as far as i know. I think there are some who make models and other who do anims and such.

@Wolfbite: gracias notworthy.gif

@RockofSL: i had a rotate point on both sides of the gear like in the X-32 too, but as i tried to get the Plane ingame with the config from the X-32 the gear rotates to the side huh.gif so i changed back to a simple config where two gears work.

Ya i will do so smile_o.gif

Ok the model is done smile_o.gif just have to make a cockpit , some little LODs and such. It has his second fly today and well here it goes.

F-556.jpg

F-557.jpg

F-558.jpg

it has already a name i will follow the names of the Bundeswehr , they give all vehicles names of animals , like Leopard , Wiesel , Dachs  etc , i have named it "F-55 Wildcat" or in German "F-55 Wildkatze"  biggrin_o.gif

btw: Now CanadianTerror can't say "i want camo" rofl.gif

Wildkatze, miauuuuuuuu ! Besser als Warzenschwein (thunderbolt) wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

The plane looks cool ! Will you create a version with movable wings ? -> this could be a Tornado element. It would look really awesome ! yay.gif

Ja Warzenschwein passt ja zu der A-10 tounge2.gif

Well wasn't planed , i was think about make a two seat version of it , but the wings are already that high angeled that that wouldn't look that good wink_o.gif we will see xmas_o.gif

How about like a naval version with large canards  icon_rolleyes.gif lol you made frontpage  biggrin_o.gif congrats. how did you learn to model on o2?? im tryin to figure it out myself but i can only make blocks or solid shapes i dunno how to shape em... huh.gif keep up the kool work

Well i have learned it from Col. Klinks toturial page , the link is in the "how to make an addon" thread

Maybe you could add a special prototype version to the addon. - All black and with selectable emblem textures for different nations.

This way it could also be used as a really unknown hightech plane in specop or scifi missions.

sounds good smile_o.gif i also will make a grey verion and maybe a two seat version...

btw: the cockpit is done now - here is a little picture of it

F-55Cockpit.jpg

very nice cockpit, nice texture work m8 on the cockpit and the overall look of the plane is brilliant. The idea of a black standard plane is a gr8 idea smile_o.gif

thanks , i will do a black version too wink_o.gif but have to finish the grey version first wink_o.gif

looks great! biggrin_o.gif altough the textures look a bit stretched, but thats not soo bad.

again looks great! thumbs-up.gif