Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Desert-Rat Addons

well and today i wasn't lazy, i was working and working because everytime i found something what dosn't look exactly like an X-32 i have changed the nose part and the back part of my plane , so i will have to do the textures too , but i will do some better textures on it.

well here are two pics of the back part

Befor

x32backb.jpg

and After

x32backa.jpg

Thanks , i try to make it that exactly as possible , but its my first plane , so it might be not that good like others like from Vit , RKSL or Footmunch but i am trying

check it out:

x-32-c35-1781-65.jpg

See how the front part is raised making way fro a much bigger inlet than ur model, try and fix that. Also u see that the intake is not angled but is actually perpendicular to the direction of the central axis.

Otherwise great first try.

Also study some pictures and see how the panels look, decals and all that then check here: DAR Tutorial on Aircraft skin This should hopefully help u improve.

well on this picture the intake angled anyway the toturial looks great i will try this

3-29-2005-20015A%20Small%20Web%20view.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
check it out:

]http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....mg]

See how the front part is raised making way fro a much bigger inlet than ur model, try and fix that. Also u see that the intake is not angled but is actually perpendicular to the direction of the central axis.

Otherwise great first try.

Also study some pictures and see how the panels look, decals and all that then check here: DAR Tutorial on Aircraft skin This should hopefully help u improve.

The reason for the much bigger inlet on that pic is the removal of the intake cowl for VTOL testing.  Boeing removed quite few parts making the aircraft ~1500kgs lighter, which caused a stink with the JSF commitee when Lockheed complained.

Rat's pic is the proper config for the X-32A.  Boeings argument was the  -32B was supposed to have a translating intake cowl to alter the airflow around the intake to make sure the engine didnt die form oxygen starvation at low speed so removing the cowling only simulated that.  Added to the fact that by the VTOL stage in testing Boeing knew that the X-32A config wouldnt fulfil the JSF requirements and switch to a full tailplane desing for their production proposal.  The realisation came far to late to remake the prototypes with the new config, it proved to be a fatal decision a large part of why they failed to get the JSF contract.

Ok some news i get some very good pictures from "RockofSL" so i could start making the plane "exactly" well base model is done , have to add gear , weaponbay and such things

here two pictures of my NEW X-32 (the last picture isn't smooth becaus i work with sharp faces in the moment)

x32new2.jpg

x32new3.jpg

ok some new pictures , i habe added the first textures now

x32new10.jpg

x32new11.jpg

x32new12.jpg

x32new13.jpg

hope you like this more then the old one

Weird looking plane, but the progress looks good so far. Textures on the front could be a little more "sharp"/hi-res, though. smile_o.gif

nothing yet biggrin_o.gif i am working on the cockpit hardly biggrin_o.gif there are no good pictures from a X-32 cockpit tounge2.gif so i have to be creative tounge2.gif

Ok the cockpit is done too , only some LODs and maybe if i find help the plane get some scripts. The MFDs are just textures because i have NO idea how to make those animated or scripted.......however.......here it is

cockpitx322.jpg

cockpitx321.jpg

here are two picture of the exhaust what i did from the Col. Klink toturial page , i just changed the flame texture.

X32in4.jpg

x32in5.jpg

is this ok like this or should i do the flame more transparent?

OK , my new project i started is a Plane again , and it its my second one i do , i personaly find it looks like the best addon i ever made biggrin_o.gif Its a mix out of F-22 , F-14 and a lot more , it has 3 baydoors - one on each side and down side , also it can carry two missiles on the wing tip like an F-16.

Here two pictures of it

F-55-1.jpg

F-55-2.jpg