Sign in to follow this  
spad

FOR WH40K fan

pag60ve.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED rofl.gif

okay boys, help wanted

we are looking for a good mission maker and campaign maker

I would LOVE to make missions for you guys, except for the small fact that I know absolutely nothing about the whole War Hammer series story and universe. I was however a huge fan of the Tau Beta addons as they represented several breakthrus in OFP that sadly went unnoticed by most of the OFP community when the Sci-Fi mod released them.

At any rate, I probably have my hands full enough as it is with missions for my own mod, but still for sure once you guys release your pack, I will try when I can to make missions for it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well i could have a go making some mission, based on the Damocles crusade fluff, if you would be so kind to skin up some SM in Emperors Scythe scheme.

i played the Warhammer 40K Dawn of War Winter Assault demo today and i was disappointed when i saw everything.I hoped to find an awesome game,but i found the worst strategy game i have ever played.Although the intro was cool and ingame units also.

This stuff in OFP will be much better than in the real game.

Warhammer 40 K would be much better when it would be with 1st person view. biggrin_o.gif

miles , gavin well one can make mission and other can make campaign gime pm for what we want exactly and we give you what you need

hey these addons look real great and although the picture editing is slightly disheartening, I was just curious as to how the sides (SM, ImpG, Tau, Eldar, whatever else you had) were going to break down into West/East/Resistance(/Civilian?) Sorry if this question has been asked/answerd before. also- are there any special scripts such as formations, behavior etc. that will be added?

Edit-

Sorry, I forgot to say- I would be willing to help any mission/island makers that maybe arent that refreshed in the WH40K universe but that still want to make missions and islands appropirate to the universe. I might not be the best mission maker in the world, but i know the engines limitations and am pretty well versed in 40k backround and conflicts

Rays are being used already on other addons, most are based on Morcarb's laser gun. (I can't find a ref on it at the moment, but it is possible.)

Currently the Anihilator class Predators don't have those rays, but they already exists on Archangel's Imperial Guard laserguns, and they look nice . inlove.gif

Tracers will dissappear from laser guns

He also had a very clever idea for the Melta weapons with nice visual effects.

About scripts, few small ones are currently implemented in some combat units. For exemple, Blood Angels Death Company's Space Marines are fearless and will stood up. The heavier scripts will be used by multi-turrets and so on.

Concerning sides, in the current state :

- Eldars and Tau could be West

- Space Marines and Imperial Guard could be Resistance

- Chaos could be East

Later, each army should be available in 3 sides, 2 of them as protected. Thus mission-makers will have to correct the mission.sqm in order, for exemple, to have Dark Angels SM as West fighting Eastern Blood Angels SM.

About scripts, few small ones are currently implemented in some combat units. For exemple, Blood Angels Death Company's Space Marines are fearless and will stood up. The heavier scripts will be used by multi-turrets and so on.

Concerning sides, in the current state :

- Eldars and Tau could be West

- Space Marines and Imperial Guard could be Resistance

- Chaos could be East

Later, each army should be available in 3 sides, 2 of them as protected. Thus mission-makers will have to correct the mission.sqm in order, for exemple, to have Dark Angels SM as West fighting Eastern Blood Angels SM.

All very very cool- especially the sides thing. Thanks for responding.

I wasn't sleeping, still working on the IG's config.cpp rofl.gif

great work so far guys now a few questions

1. will there be custom animations eg the marines holding the guns properly and running while shooting.

2.will there be devistator squads and animations for holding the weapons underslung and stuff (like the modals)

3.any sqript for dynamic insrtions from the dropships (thunderhawks/orca etc)

4.any vids

thanks for reading

hey i dont mean to be a pesterance, but could you all release like...1 SM soldier or something, I just would want to see how this stuff works lol. maybe your cfgs and scripts for all that isnt done, but from that little comic strip thing, i can see that some stuff is done. well anyway, just puttin a request out.

good work guys so far any chance of a vid or screens to show lasers being used or a big tau vs sm battle like the GAW mega trailer and any previws of spechile features

maybe but for now i don't think so.

Well, we don't have Georges Lucas in our team notworthy.gif GAW thumbs-up.gif

SP the tiny pixie rofl.gif

ok mission maker list complete thanks again for those who write me.

some of the space marine unit will in beta test soon yay.gif

i was thinking that

spacemarines and iperial guard should be west

chaos east

tau and eldar resistance

??

and are you going to add weathering to the space marine tanks?

I made different because in any case Eldar and Tau would be allies of Chaos.

On the other side, Imperial Guard and space Marines (pretty much harder) can be corrupted by Chaos (Later with protected units it will be sensless).

The harder to place will be Orks, as they are of nobody side except their own. But I can't create a specific side just for them within OFP core limits icon_rolleyes.gifrofl.gif

Weathering tanks ? huh.gif Sorry, I seriously don't understand help.gif

I think he means for the textures, give them a bit of a weathered look so they don't look like they just drove out of the Imperial Motor Pool after a fresh wash and hot wax.

I made different because in any case Eldar and Tau would be allies of Chaos.

On the other side, Imperial Guard and space Marines (pretty much harder) can be corrupted by Chaos (Later with protected units it will be sensless).

The harder to place will be Orks, as they are of nobody side except their own. But I can't create a specific side just for them within OFP core limits  icon_rolleyes.gif  rofl.gif

does this mean you are putting orks in cool

they could be resistance and east cause they do tend to fight aganst each other (the best thing about the green skins they kill each other so you dont have to) or why dont you put all of the races in all three sides (east/west/resistance) that will solve your problem