Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I've played this weekend with the Euro-pack again after quite a time. I noticed two things: the G36 has no burst-mode, it's single and full auto only and the back packs aren't worn in combat (except when you're ambushed wink_o.gif ). Don't know if you can and will change it, it's only minor.

Hi,

After a couple of minor adjustments, I'm glad to show you the Final version of the US Army personnel (BDU) that will be included to the next incoming patch:

bdusoldier7rd.jpg

bdusoldier23sq.jpg

bdusoldier30or.jpg

Cheers to offtime for the Backpack 3D.

And here's the Final version of the ACU crews.

acucrew2yb.jpg

acucrew28kr.jpg

smile_o.gif

edit:

Quote[/b] ]the G36 has no burst-mode, it's single and full auto only and the back packs aren't worn in combat

Not really, because that's customizable ;-)

And the Backpacks will be removed or their sizes decreased.

Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah about the Cobra, could you change it so that it represents a USMC Cobra, seeing as the US Army haven't used it for a while now

A list of all changes and improvements that will be included to the next patch, will be posted soon.

Regards

Thunderbird84

By the way,Thunderbird.There're a few alternatives I wish to see in next patch.

1.I like how the ground specular light looks.It gives the ground superior shadows and makes it very realistic (although this effect isn't realistic itself).You promised to reduced it.And what if I like it as it is now in FFUR?There will be an alternative config for it?

2.I wish to see better hands on models.Compare the hands on HYK's soldiers you used and on RHS moto infantry.I guess that will be very nice update too.And Llauma heads.I like it too although through the story line of CWC I won't recognise anyone.Maybe you can do it as an alternative too?After Llauma's head I can't even look on that stupidly low-res RHS and original OFP heads.

crazy_o.gif

Best regards,NSX.

Don't you steal my thunder, ThunderBird! And NSX - that's my job!!!

Btw, I've never seen army personnel wearing coyote Interceptors.

Quote[/b] ]And what if I like it as it is now in FFUR?There will be an alternative config for it?

I don't support the idea of including several alternative configs, this will get people confused, but as previously stated, the 'ground reflection effect' would be decreased.

Quote[/b] ]I wish to see better hands on models.Compare the hands on HYK's soldiers you used and on RHS moto infantry.I guess that will be very nice update too

Almost all models hands that are used in FFUR are quite decent, and the addition of Llauma heads won't be possible due to the lack of faces and because of some errors that occur with the script once these faces/Heads are used in missions as well.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, I've never seen army personnel wearing coyote Interceptors.

Well, due to the huge lack of 'ACU Armored crews' pictures, I think we can allow ourselves to increase the 'Body armors' variety in game, plus most of them are more or less visually similar.

;-)

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]1.I like how the ground specular light looks.It gives the ground superior shadows and makes it very realistic (although this effect isn't realistic itself).You promised to reduced it.And what if I like it as it is now in FFUR?There will be an alternative config for it?

Infact it is very realistic when the sun is low and the ground is a little wet it will reflect right into your eyes like it did perhaps about 1hour ago as i was on my bike and the ground is a little frosty but i couldnt actually ride down a road cause of too much light reflecting in my eyes.

Even when its dry it reflects alot.

I would say youve got it about right, but if you still do decrease it i wouldnt say decrease it alot. Ive though this effect makes the terrain look much more better then in orignal ofp and when using texture replacements it looks fantastic.

Also the BDU and ACU guys look great. Cant wait for this patch but pleaser take your time i dont mind waiting if it means all bugs and errors will be found and fixed.

Quote[/b] ]the G36 has no burst-mode, it's single and full auto only and the back packs aren't worn in combat

Yes, it's customizable but not with a 3 round burst, only 2 round burst is available for the G36.

@Cameron

Stay calm,mate.I just suggest them to make llauma's work on their own units,you still have\d a lot of work to do. biggrin_o.gif

@Thunderbird

Ok,thanks for explanation,mate.Check your PMs,please.

just encountered a CTD with FFUR whilst using a BMP's HE rounds shot a russian soldier splat in his body. Just thought htis may help. Also the CTD ocured as soon as it hit i could hear the osund of a HE hit starting but then it crashed

...1.I like how the ground specular light looks.It gives the ground superior shadows and makes it very realistic (although this effect isn't realistic itself).You promised to reduced it.And what if I like it as it is now in FFUR?There will be an alternative config for it?.....

There's no need in alternative config, pal!

1)you'd just open upcoming ffur2006\bin\editable config\config.cpp....and look for 'class cfgmaterials'.

2)then make corresponding figures look like this:

class Terrain

{

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

specular[]={.4,.4,.4,0};

specularPower=2;

emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};

};

This will add "ground specular light fx" to your game( if you like it so much smile_o.gif )

3)save resulting config.cpp

4)convert it to .bin with cpp2bin.exe

5)replace original config.bin with yours

6)ENJOY!  wink_o.gif

Thanks CAHEK,that will help me very much. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] CAHEK: Noticed that armored vehicles destroyed in combat look exactly the same as new intact ones.

In real life, Armored vehicles do not explode in all cases, they would frequently catch fire especially if they are hit by 'Low range' rockets.

A movie showing some light armored vehicles burning after getting hit by an AT-4 has been published a couple of days ago in the FFUR thread.

Thunderbird, man if I get it right you're going to leave this non-wrecked armors "as is" sad_o.gif . OK, not a problem, mate!

Just do me a favor please- point me to the scripts that would define those wrecked models (though I'm not a modder, but hope I'm not that stupid biggrin_o.gif ) and I'll try to correct 'em 4 my personal use.

I suppose you didn't take neccesary *.p3d's out of corresponding *.pbo's huh.gif

Cheers, Alexander!

EDIT: my really bad english confused_o.gif

As far as I know the choice is between single and burst, or single and auto. You cant have all three. Plus, the version that the Bundeswehr uses is full auto + single.

just on equestiom: Will you decrease the weapon sounds? It s pretty hard to hear em. Yes maybee it makes the game harder, but isn't pretty unrealistic? In Iraq i think you can hear weapon sounds from quite a distance in the movies, and thats urban terrain. So in open areas like in flashpoint they should be louder. But right now i barely noticed when i was shot at.

As far as I know the choice is between single and burst, or single and auto. You cant have all three. Plus, the version that the Bundeswehr uses is full auto + single.

No, there are variants with all 3 different firemodes. But a version with Semi and 2-round-burst doesn't exist.

i cant wait for the upcoming patch and list of changes.. keep up the good work thunderbird notworthy.gif

The standart infantry version of the G36 is single and full-auto, the shortend version in use by special forces (KSK) has single, triple and auto. Since the soldiers are meaned to be grenis or fallis the standart version would be issued.

Hi thunderbird,very good job on the bdu guys,but the vest used by the acu cremans look like the one in nuts Acu special forces,and i think it was a land ciras,and seeing crewman with a land ciras is just weird. pistols.gif

I think you should give them the acu iba without the plate carrier over it. smile_o.gif

Let us please put this G36 thing to rest! I

emailed HK a while ago and this is what i got from them all the sights are interchangble IE g36c with 3.0x and coliminator sight  is possible

Standard Length G36 - German Army possibly UK in near

future

Compact G36K/Ka1 KSK and others worldwide

Sub Compact G36C GSG9,SWAT, SO19 etc.

g36acc.jpg

all have the options of;

S,1,A

S,1,2,A

S,1,3,A and

S,1

Fire Modes

wink_o.gif

TB

for the m4 reflex a EOtech would be more appropriate because the reflex is no longer used that much anymore.

does the m240 have the standard SJB_Tos sounds ?

Howz about including a SMAW in a later version or patch

wink_o.gif

british troops already have access to the G36 K (I think its the K, its deffinatly one of the folding stock ones) - Think i've seen the royal marines using one.

Would be cool to see FFUR2006 have woodland and desert in a single package. Cool mod, love the scripting of the AI; they come in handy for MP wink_o.gif

Would be cool to see FFUR2006 have woodland and desert in a single package. Cool mod, love the scripting of the AI; they come in handy for MP wink_o.gif

To Miguel:

We mentioned something like this a while back. We (the community) mentioned that FURR should scrap the 1985 Winter and Desert packs by making them into modern Winter and Desert packs and possibly in one download. FFUR 2006 is already a woodland pack.

To Thunderbird:

Great job on the updates! The woodland soldiers are the best I have ever seen not only in OFP, but any game I have come across, including America's Army. Can't wait for the ACU soldiers to be out in the upcoming patch as well.

The G-36 E is the standar issue assault rifle of the Spanish Army since several years ago and it is produced in Spain under license from HECKLER & KOCH

hk_g36.jpg

fusil.gif

It has a folded stock and incorporates a 1,5X aiming device.

It can also incorporate a night sight that can be attached to the upper rail.

fusil21.gif

Some versions can also have a more powerful sight and a device to launch 40mm grenades.

Special Operation Units are issued shorted and modified versions of it

g36ck8gi.jpg

Had one in my service time with 3x  and a red-point scope. Ha, that would be something for OFP, switching between scopes  biggrin_o.gif .

... sorry for delay ...

THANKS A LOT TO FFUR TEAM FOR THIS AWESOME WORK!!!!!

A little question:

how can I install sky_pack? Where must I extract the folders?

Please, excuse me, but readme is not present in the .rar archive.

Thanks in advance for reply. bye