Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]Please read the readme and make sure your graphic card is quite powerful to run the llauma sky pack.

In your case,the best soluce to follow is to install BIS sky and the Euro Flag.

how about trying to install the BIS sky witht the flag and install the sky pack on its own in a different mod folder and run the mod folder with the sky pack in that should work if my other suggestion didnt

No, this way won't work because when you install "LLauma sky or InQ NVG orEuro/Russian flags", there are automatically generated data derived from "Dta\ & Res\dta" which are created, but including the new wanted modifications and if there are 2 "mods folders" running at the same and using the same files but with different contents, 1 of the 2 will have priority over the other.

E.G

(There are 2 folders, ffureuro folder and the second folder especially done in order to implement llauma sky) one of them would be considered and not the other when you'll launch the game.

Unfortunately there's no way to replace BIS flags using the cpp's way except by replacing the textures in Data.pbo.

Believe me, a lot of people before have already tried to find a way in order to figure that out, but seems that "kegety's installer" is so far the best soluce.

In any way, you should get a look on the NVG, they are replaced by InQ ones even without having to install the sky pack and the same goes for the laptop, though.

That's due to the fact that it was possible to replace'em using the cpp's way.

If BIS would make possible to replace the sky and the flags just by using the cpp's way for the next games that will be released within a few months then it would definitely be great and very helpful!

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Just had another play and it seems that whenever U have any of the 5 fixed wing aircraft in a mission the weather cannot be changed from fine and sunny. This is so in the editor in any case. All the choppers are fine, it's only the 5 fixed wing planes!  confused_o.gif

Was this designed or is it a bug?

This is due to the 3D clouds that appear when you're flying quite high using planes and jet fighters, the only way to figure this out is to take the 3D clouds out of the pack.

Personally I'd rather have the weather effects than a few 3D clouds whilst flying high! IMO that is!  smile_o.gif

If I want a good flying experience, there's always FS2004!  whistle.gif

Hi all,
Quote[/b] ] The AKMB still has the same problem the silenced and scoped AK had from the previous release - it fires way too high above where the iron sight is aiming.

Tested it out a few minutes ago, it works very fine here, the inverted 'v' of the AK74PSO1 should always be pointing out the "wanted target point" though, but it sometimes happen that the bullets don't always reach the target point because of the distance or because you're using the 'full auto' mode.

<s>Sorry, I meant the AKMB of the 1985 pack, without the PSO sight. During that nightwatch mission in the CWC campaign where you're guarding the Vulcan, killed one Spetz Natz and grabbed his AK, and then for the life of me I couldn't hit the second one. Died a couple of times doing this, and then tried shooting at the wall of the house from where I had killed the first Spetz Natz (a bit over 50 meters away) and on semi auto the bullet puff appeared almost a meter above where the iron sight was aiming</s>

*edit* Nevermind, hadn't realized the old packs had not been updated yet

Hey TB,

I have finally had the chance to try the FFUR Euro pack, and I must say it's great! Even though I haven't played it a lot yet, I have come across a few features/bugs that warrant a comment.

The new lighting effect looks great, at least from the sky. In combination with NIM's clouds this effect makes flying an airplane enjoyable again. On the ground however, the lighting effect looks plain funky. The ground textures are supposed to create the idea of e.g. a grassy field. The lighting effect makes it look like a sheet of ice... Which is kind of a shame. Would it be possible to make the lighting effect optional for ground troops?

On to the next topic: the flashbangs. They sure do work in some mysterious ways... At one point, I threw a flashbang and hid behind a wall. After a few seconds, the flashbang exploded. When I emerged from my hiding spot, a few smoke clouds marked the place where the flashbang had erupted. When I walked into them, the effects kicked in, as if had been standing right beside it when it went off! To top things off, I got an error message stating that the ringing sound could not be found. Kinda strange!

Apart from these small gripes, the mod looks awesome. I love the GUI and the Ode To Joy brought a tear to my eye wink_o.gif Thanks for this great pack!

Regards, X.

Quote[/b] ] But if this version of FFUR don't use OFrP Addons it's because OFrP never accept that. Why? No flaming here...

So, it's more realistic to do a mod with finnish, swedish and norvegian addons by exemple, so, I know betwenn French and German army it's a good relationship, French ans Spanish, British stay with US for many thinks. It's french soldiers who told me that.

The chosen countries in the pack have been voted in the team.

If you'd like a mod that would include france, spain, norwey or italy, then go ahead and make yours.

Wow this thread exploded upon the Euro release. Sorry if I missed this but I see British tanks but no British troops. Only German. Are there Brit troops in this mod? Thanks for the update.

Quote[/b] ]The new lighting effect looks great, at least from the sky. In combination with NIM's clouds this effect makes flying an airplane enjoyable again. On the ground however, the lighting effect looks plain funky. The ground textures are supposed to create the idea of e.g. a grassy field. The lighting effect makes it look like a sheet of ice... Which is kind of a shame. Would it be possible to make the lighting effect optional for ground troops

The ground reflection should be decreased a bit, indeed if it would look less "shiney" in game.

By the way, Flashbang grenades system isn't that "efficient", in fact flashbangs aren't that usefull because they don't affect the AI in any way, just a small addition for more realism about the officer's gear.

;-)

Quote[/b] ]Personally I'd rather have the weather effects than a few 3D clouds whilst flying high! IMO that is!

will try to fix out this minor thing without having to take out the clouds. frankly I do like this addition a lot :-)

Quote[/b] ]Wow this thread exploded upon the Euro release. Sorry if I missed this but I see British tanks but no British troops. Only German. Are there Brit troops in this mod? Thanks for the update.

Check out this page for informations about the european pack and the whole changes and enhancements.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Found a bug with russian voices (?). They'll say most of the words slow and quiet, but then they'll say the other words loud and fast. crazy_o.gif It sounds kinda... hilarious... rofl.gif

ive found something well not really wrong but anyway

on the Islands the nordic ones the forests are rather thin not very thick theres big gaps in the top could you replace the trees in the forest with bigger bushyer ones

But not so big that choppers crash into them

But those Islands feel like a whole new island everything looks great and very realistic

Quote[/b] ]They'll say most of the words slow and quiet, but then they'll say the other words loud and fast.

That's because we combined voices of several russian people and edited'em in order to make'em more or less similar, plus nobody understands russian here...

:-p

Regards

TB84

Another thing I was wondering... why does all the resistance units go to "effectstandtalk" animation when their weapon is on the back?

its not just the res units it happens to me when im the europe side its kind of weird though at first i thought you implemented the ECP AI radio chatter and AI speaking scripts but nope mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]why does all the resistance units go to "effectstandtalk" animation when their weapon is on the back?

Seems to have something to do with "animations data (cfgmoves...etc).

will check it out.

Quote[/b] ]i thought you implemented the ECP AI radio chatter and AI speaking scripts but nope

No.First because of lack of time to break up ECP scripting architecture, you seem to have no idea about the required time and efforts to carry out such a total conversion pack in less than a few weeks.

plus the "the uncondensed version of ECP" hasen't been released yet.

and thirdly, I think it isn't that bad, because less implemented scripts logically means less lag.

Best Regards

TB84

Was replaying CWC with this mod and hit a small little glitch,

On the mission where your supposed to infiltrate the tank depot and knock out the tanks, one of the tanks on farthest to the left is just spinning around with it's engine on, it's almost near impossible to finish this mission, tried 10 times and finally just gave up (out of frustration).

Otherwise I just have one other complaint, The M4A1 SD sounds like a SAW in the night, in the same mission I kill a guy close and out of viewing distance and audio distance (So I thought), suddenly everyone inside the compound hears the shot and runs in panic to their posts, Is the Subsonic ammo suppose to be that loud with a M4 (I know the Russian Subsonic ammo you can hear the shot if your within a reasonable distance) as opposed to a MP5SSD?

Other than that the mod is excellent.

plus nobody understands russian here...

:-p

Ahem! tounge2.gif

seriously, I like the Russian voices. The actually say the proper things smile_o.gif. Of course, I know these were not professionally done and I don't expect them to sound perfect.

Was replaying CWC with this mod and hit a small little glitch,

On the mission where your supposed to infiltrate the tank depot and knock out the tanks, one of the tanks on farthest to the left is just spinning around with it's engine on, it's almost near impossible to finish this mission, tried 10 times and finally just gave up (out of frustration).

Sounds like that T-80UM again!  biggrin_o.gif

Don't wory I think TB is gonna fix this tank soon!  wink_o.gif  Basically it cannot be destroyed with sachels... whistle.gif

Basicaly it cannot be destroyed with sachels... whistle.gif

Hum... T80 only don't destroyed by T80? you can destroy him by AT launcher and other weapons? I never heard this problem before.

By a problem on T80s cpp, but I didn't know that bug before...

well i remember you saying that you were looking at the VME AI scripts and since i cant find any of the scripts in this will they be included at a later time ?

Oh and ECP should be releasing their scripts as SP for missions sometime after EECP is released (I may be wrong but thats what i remember seeing) but if its true will you implement the AI chatting scripts ? or if not how about the burning tank crews notworthy.gif

Basicaly it cannot be destroyed with sachels... whistle.gif

Hum... T80 only don't destroyed by T80? you can destroy him by AT launcher and other weapons? I never heard this problem before.

By a problem on T80s cpp, but I didn't know that bug before...

Don't believe me? Then try it out...

Stick an empty T80 on the map, enter the map as an British SAS unit, place three sachel charges as close as possible....BOOM!! Then go back to the tank get in as driver and see.. NO DAMMAGE!!

Also U can drive over mines with this tank and it will NOT detonate them!  biggrin_o.gif

TB, dunno whether it has been mentioned, but I can't find the MAN 5Ton truck anywhere in the editor. Only Wolfs & Unimogs under German Cars and only MAN 5Ton fuel, repair & ammo under Support.  huh.gif

Benus,

If the aimpoint aiming device you adjusted in the pic is the same device used in the mission "Steal the Car" then you have adjusted the same aiming system I brought up earlier.

It certainly looks like you've reduced the number and severity of the scratches, and I hope that it's now more reasonable to use in the game. Don't get me wrong, your work is consistently remarkable and always looks great. It was amazing to me how hard it was to see targets that were only 40 m. away, and in dim light conditions they were almost impossible to see.

Thank you for your revisions, and I look forward to downloading the patch that'll feature them.

Yours,

Kyle

Dec. 26, 2005

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]well i remember you saying that you were looking at the VME AI scripts and since i cant find any of the scripts in this will they be included at a later time ?

There are some reasons behind the fact that we avoided to implement'em in FFUR, if you remember well the FFUR BETA 5.0 was using a lot of vme scripts and people complained about the lag they caused. Though If they would have been implemented once again then you would experience the same lag, and the same goes for the majority of AI scripts as explained more than once.

Trust me mate.

Quote[/b] ]TB, dunno whether it has been mentioned, but I can't find the MAN 5Ton truck anywhere in the editor. Only Wolfs & Unimogs under German Cars and only MAN 5Ton fuel, repair & ammo under Support.

Indeed, would make it reappear asap.

Quote[/b] ]Also U can drive over mines with this tank and it will NOT detonate them!

As already explained, the source of the problem seems not coming from the cpp so far, but from the model's "mass" defined by the RHS team, will get an accurate look at it in anyway.

Quote[/b] ]Ahem! tounge2.gif

Now I know who would I disturb when russian stuff would be required...:-p

Regards

TB84

one little bug . the sweddish HMS Visby doesn't move if you play like driver .

i cant see the european flag , it apperars black and shows this error cant open mipmap data\usa_vlajka.pac . i have tried this but doesn't work

Quote[/b] ]in your FFUR euro folder their should be the option to install the flag and BIS sky go into that folder and open the newdata folder

in there should be 3 .pac files copy and paste them into your newdata folder with the sky pack in there and press yes to replace any files it asks then re install the sky pack with those extra files in it

and that should be done it should fix that error its something to do with a missing texture file for the flag this should put the right texture into the data.pbo

when i instaled the pack i fiirst installed the patch and then the Bis sky pack/ european flag , maybe is first the flag and then the patch? huh.gif thank you thumbs-up.gif

Yeah the euro flag has a mipmap problem which should be fixed in the next patch, and the Visby doesn't move because the LST doesn't move as well, or move quite slowly, it's wanted, though.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84