Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Marine Corps Boot Camp

So now what?

Operational Conversion Training for Combat Engineer?

How long till Iraq?

On Feb 07 I report back to California and do 17 days of Marine Combat Training. (Basically three weeks of weapons training and field exercises.) Then they ship me over to North Carolina for about eight weeks of Engineering school. From there I'll go to my unit. Even if I pick up with a unit on it's way to the sandbox I still have to do a bit of training so I'm looking at least at four to six months minimum before I can get deployed to Iraq.

On Feb 07 I report back to California and do 17 days of Marine Combat Training. (Basically three weeks of weapons training and field exercises.) Then they ship me over to North Carolina for about eight weeks of Engineering school. From there I'll go to my unit. Even if I pick up with a unit on it's way to the sandbox I still have to do a bit of training so I'm looking at least at four to six months minimum before I can get deployed to Iraq.

Hmm well either now or on 8 months time I still wouldn't want to go to Iraq very much. Keep out of harms way as much as possible!

Harnu is really coming back to California to hunt me down and assault me with his newly learned hunting down & assaulting & pushing-upping skillZ.

Congratulations Harnu, sorry for calling you a commie, I didn't realize you had joined the Corps icon_rolleyes.gif

Hahahahahahaha, best joke yet.

Oh yeah he big man now, he is in da 'corps'. Hooah rarah.

'Since I joined the corps, my penis has doubled in size!'

Teenagers .....

Harnu: Although it is slightly pointless, read up on all the treaties and conventions the US has signed up for regulation of warfare. So you don't end up sitting in the Hague chatting the old "i was following orders' spiel.

'Since I joined the corps, my penis has doubled in size!'

That's just a bunch of recruiter propaganda. Mine only increased by 50%!

Welcome back to the nasty civillian world Harnu--a strange place where people do all sorts of weird things like sleeping under their blankets; using the stall doors on the "toilet" (you may know them as "shitters"); walking without driving their heels or performing facing movements; move with neither speed nor intensity; masturbate in private; wash their balls without a big mexican DI telling them to; not call everybody else "sir" or "maam"; and refer to themselves in the first person.

Everybody watch as I invoke a Pavlovian response in our boot friend:

"Ears!"

"Eyeballs!"

"Grow!"

"Reeeecover!"

"Breath... Move!"

...and of course...

"ZEEEEERRRROOOOOOO!!!!"

Once a Marine, always a Marine. Welcome to the club and Semper Fi. thumbs-up.gif

"Ears!"

"Eyeballs!"

"Grow!"

"Reeeecover!"

"Breath... Move!"

...and of course...

"ZEEEEERRRROOOOOOO!!!!"

Open, click, taller taller, GOLF COMPANY!, KILL!, Freeze or die! biggrin_o.gif

Nope, cameras weren't allowed. One guy tried, but that didn't turn out to well for him.

I think they will be allowed through some of the training. But obviously, like anything military, I can't just go around snapping shots and documenting everything for public view. But I'll definately try to get some shots along my way in MCT and all that.

Until the yearbook mails in in a couple months when they finish making it, the only pic I do have is of the platoon and the ones of myself.

445208030_l.jpg

Ah memories - I remember when my platoon got our photo taken one of the drills had a big dildo hanging out of his fly.

It was actually upsetting.

Nah, all the old camo is pretty well phased out. We were all issued three sets of woodland and two sets of deserts. We wore the deserts for field week and the crucible and most of the training events like that. We even got marpat covers for our kevlar helmets.

Everyone in my area has to go to Parris Island...

I'll be enlisting when I hit 18(May 18) this year, which is coincidentally about the same time I graduate from high school.

Where are you from? You should request to go to MCRD. Screw the island biggrin_o.gif

Get over onto MCRD and then hike in the mountains instead of whatever they do over there on the island.

That's odd, most of the time that region gets sent to San Diego. The Chicagoland area and the southern end of the area east of the Mississippi river have been getting sent to the west coast. I had a few guys from as far as Arkansas in my platoon. A Sgt. from the recruiting office here even enlisted out of Louisiana and went west coast. That was six years ago but even still.