Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Zeus Gaming Nights

If I can get it finished in time I have a beta PvP which may prove interesting. Come along anyway peeps fun starts 20.00ish smile_o.gif

I assume everyone and his dog knows FDF 1.4 is out now.

Zeus may or may not plan to play just that this evening. In any case; get yer DLs folks.

og

We might have another go at Varta heights tonight.

I want the 42nd Kazaks to be ready to dive headfirst into enemy position, smashing skulls, stabbing wildly with bayonets, uttering endless amounts of inside jokes and generally doing some serious pOwnAge. I want this mentality:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49669

Ey guys, I would like to join tonight if, if there is a game.I only got a few questions.

1) I installeded WGLZ and @zmcommon, is that all I need to play?

2) Where can I download "Varta Heights"?

3) What is the adress of the server and do I need a PW?

4) What time does it begin?

I hope you can answer these questions on time!

Ey guys, I would like to join tonight if, if there is a game.I only got a few questions.

1) I installeded WGLZ and @zmcommon, is that all I need to play?

2) Where can I download "Varta Heights"?

3) What is the adress of the server and do I need a PW?

4) What time does it begin?

I hope you can answer these questions on time!

Very possible

1) For tonight, yes, although sometimes we play with fdf.

2) It's a map on Nogova [if my memory isn't shite]. So it'll auto-d/l on the server if you get it - no need to find it.

3) Filter "Zeus" on the server filter, the password is on the teamspeak [i'll PM on request if you need it that way] . I recommend that you hop on teamspeak [voice comms program], even if you haven't got a mic as we often give orders etc etc through it. If you haven't got it, get it here:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/

The TS address is: zeus.gotf.net

No need for a port.

4) It begins [officially, ho ho ho] at 20:00 GMT [8 in the evening] although you might get away with a bit later.

Any other questions just PM me or post in this thread.

I had a great time today, despite being totally wasted. Even being pwned was a complete pleasure in this new PvP coop. biggrin_o.gif

ZEUS SERVER IP CHANGE:

Today, Wednesday December 21, the server has gotten it's new IP address:

You'll want to make the neccessary changes to your

> OFP "hosts.txt" file

> TeamSpeak2 for the Zeus TS server.

> OFPWatch settings.

> Firewall rules, if that applies.

The name zeus.gotf.net will continue to point to the old IP address for now. KS will try to get in contact with Rhodite and see if he has the ability to offer us the continuation of that name with the new address.

However, until that's sorted, you might find in a few days that "zeus.gotf.net" ceases to work. Now you know why.

Front Page Post Updated Also.

zeus.gotf.net

has been updated should take no longer than 24hours to propogate.

biggrin_o.gif

zeus.gotf.net

has been updated should take no longer than 24hours to propogate.

biggrin_o.gif

You Sir, are a pearl! Thank you and Merry Christmas and all that yay.gif

Great,

and a Fargin War Christmas and a Basige Year to you all too. xmas_o.gif

Uggg ... another year ....

Zeus is basically running a skeleton crew at this current time. We need some more inter - squad cooperation to liven things up. Maybe soon we will have some new game styles.

Ok, recently there has been a lot of interest expressed in relatively large scale OFP gameplay, a realm which I personally believe Zeus is at the forefront of.

Zeus plays Platoon Vs Platoon PvP Coops, Platoon Sized Coops and is involved in the organisation of a Battalion Vs Battalion scale campaign.

We have been geared towards this gameplay for a while now.

Xawery

General Barron

Fer

Berghoff

Dmakatra

UNN

You all seem to be interested in this concept and all I can do is invite you to come play OFP with the Zeus community. We are open to the public despite being little known and offer a very friendly place for people to play and more importantly develop OFP concepts.

Zeus at it's height had 2 servers running, 1 normal server playing all the PvP bollocks (Do you detect a hint of bias? :P) and an addon server mainly dealing in coops. Nowadays we run 2 game nights a week and are involved in mod development, mission development and general time wasting before Armed Assault is released.

The Battalion Vs Battalion campaign is a very promising project we are cooperating with OFPCC on; it will interest every one of you I am sure. While our PvP Coops and Coops at the platoon level have been developing and improving to the point of becoming the norm on Zeus Addon.

I with the help of many cool people also developed a modification of the most realistic OFP modification in existence (WGL) which is tailored for Zeus gameplay. This modification has influenced the development of the next version of WGL and we can soon expect a very much more enjoyable gaming experience on Zeus.

The Zeus community can probably be numbered at around 20-30 people, and the 'Zeus Friends' group numbers another 20. Many are in hibernation waiting for ArmA yet we had 25 people on the server a few weeks ago, so we are far from dead.

I want to see more like minded people come to play at Zeus and to see our concepts.

For some more detailed blurb on how fucking awesome Zeus is, read the front page.

They are playing at the time this post was written and will be doing so for a few hours yet.

Change of plans:

Server down, backup being started. Get on Zeus Teamspeak on IRC for up to date information and IPs/PWs etc.

I got no idea how I should join IRC. I'm a complete noob with that shit. Plz just post the new server on this forum when your server fails. It saves me a lot of frustration. confused_o.gif

Hi Kaka,

sorry you never got a reply before now sad_o.gif

Our stand-by server belongs to a zeus member and is private. If the zeus server is down in future we have a small room on RAAB ts server. Find us there. Or feel free to add me to your MSN list wink_o.gif

Hope this helps

Cibit.

BTW the server will be running WGL5.0 when it is back up. This will allow some final beta testing before the public release notworthy.gif

^LOL mr cheese wow_o.gif

Big thanks to all for the good gaming last night biggrin_o.gif

Apologies for the repeated reassigns crazy_o.gif

The more ppl on the server the more chance of disco's, coffee on the keyboard, cannot_map' ETC so thanks for the patience notworthy.gif

Hope to see you on Thursday welcome.gif

Saturday saw another good night of zeus pvp with some real tactical thinking on such fantastic maps as Hexenkessel deluxe, real paintball and my favourite Hexenkessel nogova 3.0 rofl.gif

Can anyone convert Anderson DM for wgl5 whistle.gif

Actually it was a real blast. with the zeus server down we enjoyed Erppas hospitality again and boy what a nostalgia trip it was pistols.gif

yes it should be - still if we dont get informations and people just modifying wgl on their own ...