Sign in to follow this  
Wonder

Engine limitation busters hall of fame

We are still to see if I am not mistaken a working hovercraft.

Scrub was working on an LCAC and Rom got an idea how he should get it to work IIRC.

OFP Internals - Roman was a god. People don't forget that the first ever island creation tool (WrpEdit) was created by him and FlipR.

I remenber OFP internals. I remenber downloading WRPedit from there. Ahhh the memeries

Animated weapon parts, such as working slides on handguns, I think INQ was possibly one of the first to do this!

not animated, just a trick of the eye wink_o.gif but nevertheless a very clever, yet so beautifully simple, work around

Animated weapon parts, such as working slides on handguns, I think INQ was possibly one of the first to do this!

Don't forget about the person who figured out how to use alpha channels to hide weapon parts with a transparent zasleh selection, I think DanAK47 was the first to do it, well he is the one who told me how to do it then I told a few others and then Hoyt made a tut on how to do it.

Please post pictures of the stuff you are talking about, everyone. Just a 1,000 words is all I'm asking for. A lot of you are talking tech stuff that some of us don't know about. Animated weapons, working bayonet? Huh huh?

Thanks!

Doolittle

P.S.This is an excellent topic!! Please keep listing stuff...but include pictures! biggrin_o.gif

Working strategic ground-to-ground missile (Tomahawk): Wizzywig

Working independent-addon Scud: DSF

Moving wings on aircraft (Mig-23/27, F-14): Footmunch (and his glossy texturing is also awesome).

Making a plane able to land on water (which makes up most of the territory available in OFP no matter how large your island is tounge2.gif ): Captain Moore.

Talking of water, transparent water!!! Master Chief released 1st pics, followed by Nephilim, but Our Weapons mod brought it to the people.

And to complete the scenery, how about some nice tridimensional (palpable?  biggrin_o.gif ) clouds... Philcommando... who was also inventor of the attacking tiger, rideable horse, and also very important, INTERACTIVE FURNITURE!!!  biggrin_o.gif  (and the list goes on and on...).

Of course it wouldn't be fair to be talking of animals without mentioning XU1Production's Guard Dog.

But to all of you addonmakers, goes my most heartfelt "Thank You!!!" for making OFP what it is today. notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Ok lets see here, some of mine:

-Helmets that can be shot off

-First practical method for carrying two primary weapons

-Practical and realistic shotguns - really just compiling a bunch of allready tried ideas and improving on them

-A full, thurough grenade pack that is MP friendly and as realistic as the OFP engine will allow

I think thats it, but I really want to thank everyone else who has helped me (modellers, texture artists, even beta testers), I don't think I really gave them enough credit until I think about where my work would be now if it weren't for them, so I will thank you guys now while its on my mind. Thanks guys!

This topic sounds awfully like the credits at the end of a movie sad_o.gif  or at the "oscars" when all the cast and crew are mentioned band.gif

I'll say that the stargate mod made the engine do a bit more than it wanted, and not needing to stick down additional triggers/gamelogics/etc make it 2 thumb fresh!

Limitation: You cant fly into space.

Solution: Space Addon made by Black Baron & me.

ofp_blackbarons_space_pack1_v08.jpg

BUZZARD @ Oct. 18 2005,20:53)]Working strategic ground-to-ground missile (Tomahawk): Wizzywig

Working independent-addon Scud: DSF

Moving wings on aircraft (Mig-23/27, F-14): Footmunch (and his glossy texturing is also awesome).

The COC guys were earlier with a Tomahawk IIRC. And do you mean a working ground-to-ground scud? If so then BAS made one earlier in their Russian OPFOR pack (don't know exactly when DSF scud's came out but IIRC BAS was earlier).

Oh yeah and the glossy texturing is just something that you can define in the config by the way wink_o.gif

This topic sounds awfully like the credits at the end of a movie sad_o.gif

Almost is *Jabs ArmA Release date in a pointless try to make it get released faster*

- Ben

Limitation: Lack of persistence in multiplayer. No inventory, mission progress, or any other kind of saving process as featured in the Resistance campaign.

Broken by: CrashDome at Sinews of War.

Continually bettered by several others including CrashDome, Rune, nubbin, and bn880.

Has anybody busted the limitation of having a commander's cupola-mounted machine gun?

An then there was the working Kilo-Class Submarine made by the Everon Cartell... notworthy.gif

Thank you for the honorable mention bohnicz!

I've been away for a very long time, but I still like following mentions of our Submarine project from time to time.    smile_o.gif

I feel we did overcome engine limitations... things just simply weren't meant to go underwater.  We even had the honor of having a certain BIS member beta test our sub and give some very appreciated feedback.  (Thank you very much!wink_o.gif

Now with Armed assault who knows, maybe the Everon Cartel will come back to surface.  (excuse the pun)  tounge2.gif

See you around all,

Asmodeus

P.S. Sorry for bringing up an old topic crazy_o.gif I totally forgot to check the date before posting... yes I've been gone that long. confused_o.gif

Limitation: Can't get rid of the cone of light in front of vehicles etc. Everyone said it was hardcoded. Cameron and myself bent the rules and got rid of it.

Is this one ever released?

downdraft.jpg

Chopper rotor wash affects smoke in OFP by Colonel_Klink

Never seen it though, some great stuff been made through the years smile_o.gif Only to be continued for the next years with new engines and new inovative people

was never released, and the colonel went on to do other things i believe... but by all accounts, Arma's rotor wash affects trees, so hopefully it may affect smoke