Sign in to follow this  
stu

Some Siege Equipment

I've been playing to much Rome-Total War biggrin_o.gif and decided to make some  Siege Equipment from that game I've no idea why just felt like making some biggrin_o.gif anyway hears the first one the Battering Ram maybe once its finished you can batter some tanks with it or something tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Ram1.jpg

Ram2.jpg

Ram3.jpg

Hope you end up making a catapult or trebuchet.. there is something sadistically pleasurable in squashing somone with a honking huge ass rock just like on a bugs bunny cartoon

would sure give a whole new level of fear if you heard the word "incomming" hehe

biggrin_o.gif

Hmm we already have pretty nice working swords/bayonets, all we need is proper formations and a new engine.

Well I guess after all this we've been seeing lately impossible is nothing.

a big question would be is it even possible to make a working shield under the ofp engine?

shields no problem except splash damage from explosions , its all in the fire geometry .

i think perhaps a few arrows sticking out of it would look good

next a trubuchet and MIG's farm yard animals biggrin_o.gif

" fetcha la vache ! "

" quo ? "

" Fetcha la vache !! "

" ahh oui oui !! "

HolyGrail061.jpg

HolyGrail057.jpg

" ahh told 'im we allready got one " rofl.gif

a big question would be is it even possible to make a working shield under the ofp engine?

I guess, if the unit would have a shield modelled to him, and every time he gets hit he plays an animation of blocking with the shield, and then setDammage 0, I guess that would be a some kind of a shield? I'm not sure whether it's possible to count the times the shield gets hit so that after like 10 hits it'd "crack" and couldn't be used to block anymore.

But c'mon, who needs a shield anyways when there's the RPK?

maybe not "crack",but just something goes through it,like arrows or swords.oh wait.....it'll be the same idea........ crazy_o.gif

Hi,

One of the manners in which to simulate a shield is to increase the armour value attached to the arm selection in the config cpp. The trouble is though that the swordarm gets the same level of protection. Perhaps one of the config cpp guru's can explain whether armour protection for arms cna be differentiated between left and right.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the comments all.  biggrin_o.gif

I think a OFP Rome Total war mod would be great.  But i think it would be best to making it for Armed Assault or ofp2 i'm hopeing one of them will have good hand to hand combat and the destructable buildings would make for some great castle sieges biggrin_o.gif

At the moment i can't fully commit to such a mod just now as i've got other projects on the go at the moment so for now i'll just make some Siege Equipment and maybe a roman ship or 2 smile_o.gif

This is a list of the Siege Equipment i'll make and Maybe more.

Siege Tower

Ram

Onager

Heavy Onagers

Ballistas

Repeating Ballistas

Scorpions.

hears some pictures of the second peace of Siege Equipment  biggrin_o.gif

SiegeTower1.jpg

SiegeTower2.jpg

SiegeTower3.jpg

Very nice, I am glad to finally see Siege weapons of this sort in OFP smile_o.gif

Thanks I thougt it'd be fun to make some smile_o.gif Also thanks Jamie and Acacyn for the news post's smile_o.gif and since jamie said in his post that you could'nt wait too see the Ballistas i decided to make that next smile_o.gif  Also the Siege Tower still needs a little work not much tho just some holes for the ladder's and some ropes that hold the beams and some other bits and pieces.

hears some pictures of the Ballistas and some in game pictures smile_o.gif

Ballistas1.jpg

Ballistas2.jpg

Ballistas3.jpg

In game pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Stu_Art/seingame1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Stu_Art/seingame2.jpg

"Very nice work m8.. and DAMN your fast!"

well.. he could be importing the cas files into 3ds max with this plugin and than convert them so u can load them into O2 and the textures are easy to get as they are just located in the folders as modded tga files.

im not saying this is the method he's using.. but it would make it al easier tounge2.gif

cheers

Your work looks really impressive. I hope to play with those cool addons soon. The remind me on Age of Empires I and Age of Mythology.

Really good work!! smile_o.gif