Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA Release Day

Guest major gandhi

This is a High-Quality mod that sets new standards. I strongly advise to download and test it. It's definitly worth it. Couldn't find a single bug so far.

DMA-Team notworthy.gif

...and the missions are some of the best I've played so far!

...played them since yesterday evening wink_o.gif

hi,

very impressive work and very innovatively.

The enthusiasm speaks for itself thumbs-up.gif

Many thanks and continues in such a way.

bye

silola

I hate you All!!...Lol...I spent Half of this year designing new resistance units to make the FIA more modern and now I have youre beautiful work to make mine pointless....AMAZING Pack Brothers...God I hate and Love you  yay.gif  pistols.gif Well I literally just trashed my units....@Willec, What camo is on your new resistance units...Made up or based on something...Love itbut I cant place it. You guys are great...and actually I was getting frustrated on my units you actually made me sane again!

Lamar

Thanks alot for all the comments and suggestions in the name of the team, its a pleasure to get such nice feedback smile_o.gif

and thank you Acacyn for the post on ofp.info thumbs-up.gif

Not a problem!!!! Such amazing addons have to be posted asap on a newssite!! wink_o.gif

Has anyone noticed a messed up anim with the HMG soldier?(the way he holds the PK when running)

Forgive me if it's been mentioned.

As williec said, there is unfortunately no current solution in OFP , because animations can't be tied to weapons, and so soldier will carry machineguns like any +/-small primary rifle (if you tested the open source DMA M202A1, you will notice that too)

That's why my work was difficult, as i had to try to make generci animations that can accept not only different size f weapon, but even different hand models/arm lenght etc...

-that- was a real nightmare actually.

The only solution available to bind a specific animation to a specific unit is to create a specific CfgMoveMC class just for such unit.

The DMA improved AI sniper use such a new CfgMoveMC class , as i had got rid of any kind of weapon wavering and this could be done only by a new CfgMoveMC class as i didn't want to affect other normal units.

But , the problem with a specific CfgMoveMC for a specific soldier class is the fact that once this soldier will get a new weapon, it will continue to use his specific CfgMoveMC.

So even if you create a machinegunner tied to a specific CfgMoveMC class to get him handling a machinegun correctly, as soon as he will use a rifle instead of a machinegun, he will continue to use his specific class (and so will handle a simple rifle like a machinegun).

Animations tied to weapon is certainly something to request for the next generation project from BIS (as it would get rid of the problems that can occur when you use weapons that are handled way differently than a M16 or an AK74, i think about the SA80 that gave me hell to get something acceptable in the nextGen anim pack)

Anyways, a big thank you to all for those kind words , and thanks to my DMA partners and to williec , without them certainly nothing would have make it in this DMA release day.

Thank you to Sputnik Monroe too, he spotted all the bugs i overlooked on my SP template , without him to report me those problems the release of that template would have been very buggy.

Thanks to everyone helping to host the files to offer mirrors for the users.

A last note : the 2 mini replacement modpack (Army and Naval) are just bonus that was not even supposed to be released when they were created (as i just made them to get some visual enhancement when i was developping the no addons missions).

They have been released only because my partners suggested it (and the fact we got permisions for it helped a lot too)

And so they will not be reworked in any ways, sorry.

But feel free to modify things for yourself.

I'm chomping at the bit to give this release a try, as it looks superb. However, I do have a question that I hope can be quickly answered...

In the DMA-Libya ReadMe it states that in order to play the "Bleed for Oil" and "Last Fight Libya" missions one needs to have a bunch of addons. I'm curious as to whether or not they are already present in the mod as released?

If not, then it looks like I have a LOT to download.

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

The DMA Lybia needed addons file contains only the extra buildings or plants available in the Lybia island.

If you have none of the addons required for the missions, Honchoblack packed all the needed addons in 2 files to help people getting them without trouble.

Quote[/b] ]Or all the above mission relevant addons in two downloads:

DMA-LIBYA MISSIONS TROOPS ADDONS

DMA-LIBYA MISSIONS VEHICLES ADDONS

Sanctuary,

That little bit of extra clarity will go a LONG way in regards to speeding up how quickly I can jump into this beauty! Thank you for all of your hard work and assistance!

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Kyle_K_ski,

I changed the mission links to lead to the Libya thread, in which all the needed addons are listed for the island as well as for the missions.

I guess alot of people will allready have most of the addons, since they present a "standart" community repertoire in my eyes.

So better check this thread before downloading the whole lot without needing it: DMA LIBYA wink_o.gif

the camo on the new euro res soliders looks a little littl bit like game 2 soliders camo or armed assault rofl.gif i've seen th camo type somewhere before. The camo is really great and the soldiers are great too smile_o.gif not to mention the island woow .. gets me all hyped up and getting idas for possible missions pistols.gif

The camouflage on the Res soldiers does indeed look familiar, sort of reminds me of the Yugoslavian M92 pattern.

Still, I am amazed by the amount of addons released as well as by the quality of them. This is one hell of a release day, and ofcourse just as I left for vacation sad_o.gif

The second I get home I will definately try these out. Again, great job!

Honchoblack,

Thanks for the heads up regarding the changes you made to the links. I'm still pretty new to the fantastic OFP modding community, so it's likely that I may not have many/all of the most popular mods made thus far for the game. But I aim on trying!

Any one have any recommendations as to whether or not I should try this release with the alternate "Naval" or "Army" mods? I've got a pretty powerful system, so any recommendations towards maximizing my experiences are warmly accepted!

Does anyone know whether or not one's able to lean while aiming in this release? If I'm not mistaken, Sanctuary created this possibility in a couple of his prior animation releases, and I'm hoping that it's included here as well.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Fantastic release, and just before the weekend too. I can't see much other work going on in the next couple of days.

Cheers!

Quote[/b] ]Any one have any recommendations as to whether or not I should try this release with the alternate "Naval" or "Army" mods?

The Naval mod pack is lighter on resourcess, so its more suitable for "weaker" computers. But since you have a fairly strong computer I would suggest using the Army modpack, it also includes the new Williec Resistance units, so you will have some new units to replace the default Resistance units.

But if you want to use the new resistance as standalone you can download the standalone available download. The Standalone version of the Resistance troops dont interfere with the Resistance troops in the modpacks, so its a recommended dowload wink_o.gif

As for the leaning, sorry its not included, but you can either substitute animations in the new pack yourself with the lean animations, which are found here:

Sanctuarys Lean Animation

Or hope (which I do too) that Locke@Germany makes a config compatible with the DMA mod packs smile_o.gif

I have not implemented the lean animations on those army/naval modpacks for 2 reasons :

-it gives an unfair advantage for the player over the AI , as the AI is not able by itself to understand and tactically use those positions.

If the AI was coded to understand when , and how to use those animations by itself, i would have added them as soon as possible.

An AI feature to request for the next gen project of BIS.

-if the server does not have a mod that will have those animations classes modifications, you will not be able to use naval or army modpack in MP.

In the worst case it could even crash the game.

In their actual state you can use Naval and Army modpack in MP.

EDIT : i wanted to add , about the nextGen animation pack.

For animators, inside the package you can find a "backbone" animation file that shouldl be very interesting for you to work on.

very nice, i like the ARMY replacement, too bad that no vehicles are replaced....

the new res units are nice, the US Army guys too (Lasers?) and the russians smile_o.gif (must be RHS units there)

very nice smile_o.gif

maybe you can upgrade this in the future with vehicles and new tracers smile_o.gif

The camouflage on the Res soldiers does indeed look familiar, sort of reminds me of the Yugoslavian M92 pattern.

Still, I am amazed by the amount of addons released as well as by the quality of them. This is one hell of a release day, and ofcourse just as I left for vacation  sad_o.gif

The second I get home I will definately try these out. Again, great job!

yes, it is based on that camo pattern, but I don't want people to think that they are Yugoslav units which I did not intend them to be. I thought that they would look odd with fictional camo, odd with a western country camo and didn't feel that Russian camo worked either. So, the camo pattern used was the winner for now.

words cannot express my gratitude, what a compreeensive mod, the island, the missions, the units and new anims are well..works of art!

TXS smile_o.gif

p.s: using only the army pack i get a M249 ironsight in the PK, the regular AK74SU from the generic middle eastern troops has now a PSO scope, and the AKM has the AK74SU ironsights tounge2.gif

very nice, i like the ARMY replacement, too bad that no vehicles are replaced....

the new res units are nice, the US Army guys too (Lasers?) and the russians smile_o.gif (must be RHS units there)

very nice smile_o.gif

maybe you can upgrade this in the future with vehicles and new tracers smile_o.gif

I think your missing the point of what they're trying to do.

Sanctuary did some amzing work on the animations which can be used and I'm sure will be, by other mods. They were nicely showcased with this release by incorporating them into a mod which contained well done missions using well done units to show those anims.

But the missions are the main focus of these guys hard work, hence the name. Everything else is used to support that concept. They used addons where needed to fit the missions, not the other way around. Since the missions they made would need other outside addons anyway, it would be pointless to waste time and resources by spending all that time to incorporate outside addons to replace vehicles that will not be used in their work or replaced in the other total conversion mods. These guys did what was needed as far as config work and addon usage for their missions and to showcase the anims. Anything more would have been a waste of time in my eyes as they would then basically be competing with the other total conversion mods. I think it was Honcho that said that they released the mods to enhance their already made missions. I could be wrong though.

Smart move I say. I agree, I would like new tracers in there though wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But the missions are the main focus of these guys hard work, hence the name. Everything else is used to support that concept. They used addons where needed to fit the missions, not the other way around. Since the missions they made would need other outside addons anyway, it would be pointless to waste time and resources by spending all that time to incorporate outside addons to replace vehicles that will not be used in their work or replaced in the other total conversion mods. These guys did what was needed as far as config work and addon usage for their missions and to showcase the anims. Anything more would have been a waste of time in my eyes as they would then basically be competing with the other total conversion mods. I think it was Honcho that said that they released the mods to enhance their already made missions. I could be wrong though.

Our goals with the bonus mod packs well laid out, excatly our thoughts, thank you for posting the explanation, Williec smile_o.gif

Sanctuary is not a big friend of the bn tracer, since he cant use them on his "ancient" machine tounge2.gif

But since I like them also, I will work some mind tricks on him to get an alternative config, or make it myself with a little instruction from Sanctuary wink_o.gif

Not only williec can produce superb units model and textures and adapt them to some badly done animations like mines, but he can even read in our mind and express our goal more clearly than we can.

A bit scary when you think about it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But the missions are the main focus of these guys hard work, hence the name. Everything else is used to support that concept. They used addons where needed to fit the missions, not the other way around. Since the missions they made would need other outside addons anyway, it would be pointless to waste time and resources by spending all that time to incorporate outside addons to replace vehicles that will not be used in their work or replaced in the other total conversion mods. These guys did what was needed as far as config work and addon usage for their missions and to showcase the anims. Anything more would have been a waste of time in my eyes as they would then basically be competing with the other total conversion mods. I think it was Honcho that said that they released the mods to enhance their already made missions. I could be wrong though.

Our goals with the bonus mod packs well laid out, excatly our thoughts, thank you for posting the explanation, Williec smile_o.gif

Sanctuary is not a big friend of the bn tracer, since he cant use them on his "ancient" machine tounge2.gif

But since I like them also, I will work some mind tricks on him to get an alternative config, or make it myself with a little instruction from Sanctuary wink_o.gif

thanks for that answer, it satisfies me..

good luck with the tracer replacement smile_o.gif

BN880´s tracers are nice smile_o.gif