Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

VTE open beta 09-13-05

First issue: CoC_diver not in required addons list ... not at ofp.info at least icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry to bother, but is there going to be patch for the previous release? wink_o.gif

-Centurion's wheels start "flashing" when driving

-MC-130 has no texture and the bomb is droped on the plane

-A-1Js, F-105, F-4s, F-5s: when launching a missile or droping a bomb I get this at the top of my screen: '_missobj setpos[_xpos, _ypos, _zpos]|#|': Error Type Any, expected number

-NVA Crew's hat is limiting visibility inside vehicles and aircraft

-PT-76: When entering mission I get: Cannot load mipmap vte_land\pt76\i_det8.pac and can't see behind through gunners optics

- Mp-40 not HD

-When launchin an AA missile locked to an F-4 I get: '_missile = nearestobject [_enemy, _weaponname]|#|': Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

when i start up ofp with the VTE mod running i get the following error:

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI.MPTable'.

ofp continues to start up, but when i get to the main screen i get the following error:

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'bin\config.bin.CfgFonts'.

and then none of the sp missions, campaigns, or addons will load when i start a mission, instead sending me back to the main screen.

i originally tried running VTE under the mod folder name @VTE, but when i changed it to x_vte it gave me the same problem. any ideas on what i did wrong?

Quote[/b] ]is there going to be patch for the previous release?

No, there are too many things changed for patching. Next release of course will be a small patch again.

Quote[/b] ]-A-1Js, F-105, F-4s, F-5s: when launching a missile or droping a bomb I get this at the top of my screen: '_missobj setpos[_xpos, _ypos, _zpos]|#|': Error Type Any, expected number

Those planes work just fine here on my computer. They were thoroughly tested for these script errors before release.

Quote[/b] ]when i start up ofp with the VTE mod running i get the following error: <error>

ofp continues to start up, but when i get to the main screen i get the following error: <error>

Again I do not get that kind of error in my computer.

Both of these reports might be caused by wrong installation, can you guys please explain in detail how did you install VTE open beta 11-03-05?

I simply extracted the x_vte folder from the rar into my OFP folder.

Edit: Ok, got it, I was running VTE with ECP... from previous versions smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Both of these reports might be caused by wrong installation, can you guys please explain in detail how did you install VTE open beta 11-03-05?

deleted the contents of my @VTE folder, dragged in the contents of the x_vte folder from the .rar, ran the .dat thing to install the sky, and that was it!

the contents of my x_vte\bin folder are now:

Quote[/b] ]config.cpp

resource.cpp

do i have to convert the config.cpp to a config.bin?

something else weird is that in the VTE readme that comes with the latest version, it doens't mention the bin folder:

Quote[/b] ]When your directory / folders are setup, it should look like this:

<ofpdir>/x_vte/

<ofpdir>/x_vte/addons/

<ofpdir>/x_vte/campaigns/

<ofpdir>/x_vte/VTE_missions/

<ofpdir>/x_vte/dta/

<ofpdir>/x_vte/newdata/

hello

this object has no texture :

US soldier on cross, Us soldier with damaged leg, Us soldier without arms and head, Us soldier without legs, US soldier hanging from pole.

i keep getting "error loading data3d\snake (magic)" all the time with several missions and campaigns. wonder what that might be? i've no other mods running with vte.

also, some missions i've made now won't load because of "error loading vte_sof2weapons" or something similar.

ok, figured out the source of my problem; i was trying to run VTE through OFP Launcher, instead of a separate shortcut. works perfectly now...

Quote[/b] ]Edit: Ok, got it, I was running VTE with ECP... from previous versions

Glad to hear you got it working, and even more happier to hear there was nothing wrong with VTE smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]do i have to convert the config.cpp to a config.bin?

No need to convert or edit anything, VTE works "as is" from the rar, its optional to run the sky installer, but recommened for nicer skies.

Quote[/b] ]weird is that in the VTE readme that comes with the latest version, it doens't mention the bin folder:

Ah indeed, good catch. My mistake, will try to remember to write that down on future releases smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]this object has no texture: US soldier on cross, Us soldier with damaged leg, Us soldier without arms and head, Us soldier without legs, US soldier hanging from pole.

Thanks for letting me know, these slipped through the tests as I didn't come across them (actually I think only Valley of Death mission by Hawkins is using these objects at the moment). Will be fixed on next release.

Quote[/b] ]i keep getting "error loading data3d\snake (magic)" all the time with several missions and campaigns. wonder what that might be? i've no other mods running with vte.

If I'm correct that direct error display looks for "snake.p3d" or perhaps even "snake" object file on the data3d directory, it baffles me where such error could come since nothing like this on any of the missions came up while testing.

Quote[/b] ]also, some missions i've made now won't load because of "error loading vte_sof2weapons" or something similar.

Yes this is because so much have changed since 1st open beta patch #2. There are two choices, edit the missions yourself, simply removing the addons[] required part for "VTE_sof2weapons", string (and any other edits you need to make). Or send that non-working mission to me and I'll fix it for you.

Better yet, if your mission is ready to be played you can have it included on next VTE release?

If you want to send that mission to me, remove all sound files you might have added (to make it smaller in size), rar up the mission directory and email it to flashpoint at nekromantix dot com address.

Quote[/b] ]figured out the source of my problem; i was trying to run VTE through OFP Launcher, instead of a separate shortcut.  works perfectly now...

Any idea what OFP Launcher did wrong here, can it be fixed somehow or is it just something we cannot do nothing about?

I have added VTE Installation Help page to guide everyone through the installation process.

Let me know if there is something I left out or wrote in the way its difficult to understand. I'll upgrade the page if there is any need for it.

Quote[/b] ]Any idea what OFP Launcher did wrong here, can it be fixed somehow or is it just something we cannot do nothing about?

i'm not exactly sure, though i recall that other certain mods have required separate shortcuts (I44, FDF); it's really no big deal, as long as the player knows he has to do it. just add something about it to the readme for the next version and it'll be fine.

made everything correct and i stopped at the part of those addons u need to get yourself , i got CoC stuff and BN tracer and now i need JAM_Magazines.pbo , JAM_Sounds.pbo , USMCsymbols.pbo , the problem is that ofpec website is down and i cant find theese addons , can sm1 give me a hand ? sad_o.gif

EDIT: ofpec isnt down , but JAM2 isnt there anymore :/

how can i make RTO radio compatible with COC artillery?

Try this script from the mission.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?CoC_RadioBridgeRunning:Exit

_radiotypes = ["VTE_prc25","VTE_typ63"]

CoC_RadioBridgeRunning = true

#NoRadio

?({_x in weapons player} count _RadioTypes>0):Goto "StartRadio"

~5

Goto "NoRadio"

#StartRadio

[player] exec "\CoC_Arty\scripts\openmenu.sqs"

CoCIFRadioAlwaysOn = true

[] exec "\CoC_Arty\scripts\RadioMonitor.sqs"

#HasRadio

?({_x in weapons player} count _RadioTypes == 0):Goto "StopRadio"

~2.5

goto "HasRadio"

#StopRadio

[player] exec "\CoC_Arty\scripts\EndMenu.sqs"

CoCIFRadioAlwaysOn = false

CoCIFRadioChatter = false

goto "NoRadio"

I Have taken down my missions on my site for awhile now I have came back to the OFP seen and seen VTE mod so i downloaded my comp seemed to run good it looked good so I have been redoing my mission tweaking ...changing..getting help on parts of them so I can release them..Well Today i just got around to looking at Their missions well low and behold Most everyone of my missions I had made couple years ago are in here What the hell I think so all my beta work that I was changing parts of my missions were redone Without me even knowing it and released in their mission pack so They have delted addons I used replced them now not only did they use without asking they used my missions Incomplete This is a Horrible and a slap in the face I would Of loved Helping them and been honored to redo my missions for their pack as of now I will no longer publish anything with their addons you stole my ideas and made me look bad in the processs

Quang Tri banghead.gif

VTE open beta 11-03-05, Patch #1 has been released and file sent to mirrors. If anyone wants to host the 8.9mb file, please let me know.

Changelog

--- fixes open beta 11-03-05, patch #1

- added three new missions to PMC NAM SEAL campaign.

- ammocache CTD on start with JAM_45ACP_UMP_25HDMag: already defined, fixed.

- tweaked land units irscanrangemax thingys.

- tweaked air units irscanrangemax thingys.

- objects config fix for elephant grass.

- elephant grass object fixed.

- MC-130 the bomb is dropped on the plane, (semi) fixed.

- changed HD mags to village rebel sten, VC engineer 3 and viet minh rifleman.

- added HD mags to MP40 and Sten guns.

- jjr_vus5 has no pilot view right leg side texture, fixed.

- added / tweaked some SEAL sensitivity configs.

- polei kleng and vinh thanh islands fixed water depth and other stuff.

- added t34_85 platoon.

- zpu4 no firing sound, fixed.

- lrrp erdl gl, rag tails buggy view inside a vehicle, fixed.

- us officer (and others) buggy view inside a vehicle, fixed.

- sog recon rifleman (and other SOGs), rag tails buggy view inside a vehicle, fixed.

- launching AA missile to F-4 gets: "_missile" error, fixed.

- MC-130 has no texture, fixed.

- vte_objects mutilated soldiers missing textures, fixed.

- few island environmental sounds were ogg instead wss in config, fixed.

- in most if not all, jjr soldier models had errors, fixed.

- aircav pilot model errors, fixed.

- army1 model had errors, fixed.

- aussie1 model had errors, fixed.

- civ1-3 models had errors, fixed.

- marine1-3 models had errors, fixed.

- nva1-6 models had errors, fixed. (including NVA crew/pilot view block).

- seal1-5 models had errors, fixed.

- sog1-16 models had errors, fixed.

- us1-5 models had errors, fixed.

- lrrp3-4 models had erros, fixed.

Hi guys, first let's say that the first beta was wonderful but i've tried to install the last version (11-03) with the patch and I got a (three in fact) problem (no solution in the two readme...):

So i download the beta 11-03 on OFP.info

then I unrar, got x_vte folder and create x_vte common\addons with all required (with coc _divers of course) then i run llauma installer, move VTE_missions in missions folder (I conserve the same name...) and unrar directly the patch archive in x_vte and Apply the patch, who is "successfully applied"

so i create a shortcut x_vte; x_vte common and then

First problem

vietprob2.jpg

So i say M...de (S...T in french) whistle.gif and click on Ok

OFP run and at the beginning screen : Second problem :

vietprob3.jpg

RE-M....de but I'm French so I will survive rofl.gif

Re-Ok let's go to the Editor, open a vietnam map (All in fact) and got the third problem :

Something like No Busstop found but i can't remember anymore...

Then Ok

I insert A west soldier (classical) for tourism and then click preview : so loading and....

return to editor with

vietprob.jpg

But it's not finished on SEB maps there is no return to editor but BEFORE editor view got a CTD problem

What's the problem with this cfgAddon ?

Help me please you're my only hope help.gif

SOrry Sorry Sorry but I want to play this mod

banghead.gif

Edit : Oh yeah No ECP, No First VTE beta no DXDLL installed of course