Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Gavin's WWII Infantry Pack

I noticed over on ofp.info that Gavin has released a version of the WWII Infantry pack. One thing I noticed right away though was a new group, Waffen SS in both spring and autumn camouflage smocks!

Taken from ofp.gamezone.cz

Quote[/b] ]Gavin from the WWIIEC team has released his infantry pack. It contains units "from the British 8th Army, some French, American, Japanese, USMC and also Waffen SS units never released before are included in this pack. All the units (about 250) feature blood textures and custom pain sounds. The addon also contains an animation pack that Gavin suggest to use. And the best thing attached to this pack are two missions made by Sengir and one old campaign converted into WWII by Sengir! Yupee!! smile_o.gif

Thanks for hosting and posting the news about my ww2 units, however i must inform you that they are on behalf of the rescurrected ww2 mod,

The WW2 Addon Team, with which i was a member originally with Lawrie and Marcel. I have rescurrected it for sake of nostalgia, and it will continue to make small ww2 addon contributions in future for use with all the mods, with which this addon was the first release.

Axis Picture

Allies Picture

Download (58MB)

Mirror II

Download Courtesy of ofpc.de smile_o.gif

One thing I happened to notice is a piece of the lower right arm missing on the Waffen SS units. I hope it isn't just me confused_o.gif

Just to clarify though...these are (for the most part) the same units that were released before right?

As well as the same marine units that were released for the 2nd time already by the pacific war mod?

Quote[/b] ]blood textures and custom pain sounds

Didnt these units already have this?

I'm just curious btw, not complaining.

Not exactly sure but I remember seeing a good deal of these in the previous pack. The British 8th Army, Waffen SS, and Imperial Japanese soldiers are among the new units in this release. From what I remember the IJA units were already released as part of the Pacific War Mod but they've been encorporated into this pack.

Taken from the Readme

Quote[/b] ]Approximately 200 units, of German Army, Brits, French, Cossacks, US marines, japanese, DAK and Waffen SS,

some retextured trucks, and a weapons pack featuring a vastly alterated and upgraded of the old UWP, (which

if u remember was a vast update of the original upminder.) The new weapon pack has yet more weapons, and more

grenades than ever before (some 20 new weapons since the origina upminder, totalling approximately 35 - 40 yikes.)

Also featured are over 50 original recordings of pain sounds, performed by actors, (yes that means there are some 30

that are not, but lol the vast amount of originals add a lot to the game experience.)

2 great missions by Sengir Vampire (WWIIEC) and 1 Campaign (by Spanky-G) converted for use with this infantry pack ! Check the missions readmes for instructions, please.

There are a few extra goodies in there, too wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Imperial Japanese soldiers are among the new units in this release

I think those have been released before as well.

After dloading this and looking at it, I dont understand why you would re-release stoppel's russians again? They are old.

Quote[/b] ]German Army, Brits, French, Cossacks, US marines, japanese, DAK and Waffen SS

All of these units are already out there and there are no real unit upgrades to any of these units. I guess this sounds like bitching but its a bit misleading to re-release a large pack thats not really any different (and a bit older now) and make it sound like a new release because of a couple of missions and a few guns.

What I meant was they weren't included in the previous major release. It pretty much organizes what is available, since each group has its own .pbo it gives the user a choice of what they want to use.

I can't say I see that many major changes but I am sure there are some things that have been improved since the last release.

Thanks guys! damn good kids all of ya! Except you b**tard Canadian!

Lol no joking aside! Canadian there are new waffen ss units, and theres also um french guys (very few and brits)

But you see the old one was a beta and there were bugs, like the peak cap officers had helmet straps etc (not good!!!wink_o.gif

So all in all its fixed up a bit, it was all done mostly by very few people too, so it was a big effort,

Oh btw if i get permission i will make working versions of these germans to go with the lib, i44 and eventually ww2ec mods, if u guys want?

Regards

Gavin

gavin, the waffen SS look pretty nice, but, you failed to notice that they carry their helmet, & one on their belt. also, if they are wearing the camo, they wont have the exact same pattern rolled up in their pack, doesn't make a lot of sense. the same bug is in this pack as was in the last WWII alliance once, there are missing textures for the american magazine pouches, there was a fix one could DL but i dont feel lilke looking for it. they would be playable if it wasnt for the horrible voice overs, they just ruin the feel of the game. no offense to the guy that made them, but the soudn awful & detract from what is otherwise a nice pack. i wouldnt worry about making those germans for any other mod, they really don't need them, as the models, & everything else are totally different from yours...plus, i don't see you getting permission from LIB anytime soon sad_o.gif

Another thing I noticed was that the SS Machinegunner carries MP-40 Pouches and a MG Tool Kit pouch which collide. The textures on the helmet (no cover) have a little problem and as olemiss said, soldiers wearing a helmet have another one at their side. Anyway, I hope these units are fixed a bit because they do look nice.

Hmmmmm I'll check out the Waffen SS units, I wonder if er... the wrong pbos were compiled for them (oh god no....)

I'll have to check em' out, as for the american magazine pouchies, well there should be no prob there, so ill check that out too, and release a fix.

As for the voice overs though!!! What horrible voice overs! My ass a lot of people like them! In fact one guy said they were okay while giving a thumbs up sign, which in the culture of the UK means 'okay.' lol

And making them 'for' any other mod.... well no i didnt think lib needs them LOL, its for folk that want them to use LIBS weapons as opposed to the upminder edited weapon pack.

As for LIB giving permission, well there creating a whole new ofp, so Im not sure if they would be too negative about someone making an addon for their version of ofp...

Anyway I'll take a look, damn i hate you all I HATE YOU ALL ARGGGHHHHHHHHH

the white textures arent just a bug someone would randomly get, it has happened in all of these releases, the people that make/test them have the texture in some PBO that's loaded by flashpoint, but the people that downloaded it don't smile_o.gif & as far as using another mods work without permission, i know it's terrible to think of, & i personally wouldn't, but you doing it is really no different than you using medal of honor models, skins & sounds for your weapons smile_o.gif

Yeah but nobody cares about moh really, but in the community a mod team would go psycho if u did stuff to their work without permission.

This is an irony but one best respected, and yep, theres a bloodly pbo missing obviously for those textures - damn it damn it damn it!

Argh, see i dont have testers any more really, and its just that this was worked on aeons ago and for so long, that aieee

Anwyay, yes as you can see im going insane, If you chaps would please do an old man a favour, make listed on this topic, any bugs that deter the enjoyment or functionality of the addon here, and i will go and correct them - If you want something like sounds replaced, make an alternative suggestion to others (etc be creative.)

Then perhaps we can make a v1.1 that actually is perfect

here's what would make it perfect, the missing textures that you've fixed, and just use defaul BIS sounds until you get some that sound better, people may love them, but to me, they sound pretty terrible, like a 14 year old screaming into a microphone. MOH sounds are pretty lame, but they all fit together nicely, the grenade sounds are pretty rough. you could go ahead & incorporate the liberation weapons into it...it's gonna be awhile before I44 comes out.

Oh yeah totally cool ok, but just to clarify i didnt mean to take libs weapons (id never do that) i just mean, to make a version that one uses with the Lib mod (i.e. u would use a lib version of the pack, that would mean putting the addons in the lib folder)

Cool okay dokey, so from ur complaint about the voices? its the americans mostly yeah?

just use the default until you get a voice actor that sounds close to realistic, no ones gonna yell out the kind of things they did...

I am a bit confused when it comes to the voices, do you hear things like "Cover me, taking fire" and so forth or just screaming when they get hit?

I think it was the previous release I only heard the screaming, though I've been using the latest ECP so I am not sure what exactly I am hearing right now.

Gavin,

I noticed a few more things. With the Wehrmacht Coat (W) units, there are times when the textures for the whitewashed helmet turn rather bright after a soldier gets hit in the head.

As a 2nd Ranger, the unit marking on the back of the helmet appear to have something wrong with either the mapping or alpha itself (shows through the helmet in some places).

The same problem can be slightly seen with the Kossak units (the badge on their caps). Also, the Kossak with Mp-28 appears to have no magazines for his rifle.

When it comes to the Waffen SS, here is what I meant by the lower portion of the right arm missing (hand is still there);

Missing

In this one below, there are strange texture problems that appear as the soldier moves his head. Parts of the plain helmet turn black in the rear as well as the front;

Helmet Textures

Also, I hate asking but if you wouldn't mind making a few changes to the model I have a few suggestions. I do not know if it is because of the anim pack I am using or not but the top of the arms seem a bit skinny compared to the bottom half on the Waffen SS units (mainly because of the smock).

I have a slight problem with the Winter units wearing the M43 Cap (with head toque), part of the toque shows through the cap model.

I would suggest that if it isn't too much work to correct the soldier models using the MP-44 rifles by adding the right magazine pouches. It would be also nice for the driver (armed with Luger) to have a pistol holster. If you were to add on a few more soldiers, I would definately love to see an SS Officer wearing a visor cap. Perhaps adding a sniper face mask/veil to the Sniper would also enchance the pack a bit.

That is all for now, I just hope it isn't too much of a bother confused_o.gif

Thanks again Gavin! notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]As for the voice overs though!!! What horrible voice overs! My ass a lot of people like them!

They are awful. Seriously. crazy_o.gif

I think the German troops are great btw...good variety thumbs-up.gif

In this one below, there are strange texture problems that appear as the soldier moves his head. Parts of the plain helmet turn black in the rear as well as the front;

Helmet Textures

That looks like the head model clipping through the helmet.

Bar the few bugs, this pack looks very promising, and I'll be download shortly.

Ah right okay sounds like its mainly the american pain voices that are unpopular, but theres also a small missing pbo i think...

*Grabs head* nooo....

Right, as for the pain sounds, ill just get rid of em for the usa guys, we'll find an alternative for that.

As regards to the odd wee clipping here or there, ill check it out and see what can be done, also as regards to the pouch textures on usa guys etc that WILL Be sorted out.

Someone mentioned why the ancient dx russians were included (that was for sengirs campaign as he used them for his wooonderful work)

Oh right okay, as for the German mp44 pouches, well yep, so much for my retirement ... lol (they were not done just cos i ran out of life-blood to keep doing it.)

Most mods have teams, all i had was rebus and bahhh

Right, I will make these changes as a wee bit o' compensation for u guys living thru the eternal and unintentional beta experience, we can maybe just add a wee extra smile_o.gif if u have any ideas?

In any case, the pack will be fixed, and I will post updates on that, oh and don't forget to check out the actual mod i have now, House Divided which er used to be on these forums!?!

oh and don't forget to check out the actual mod i have now, House Divided which er used to be on these forums!?!

It's still here Gav, but threads that don't get updated in a while fall down, just like in every other forum wink_o.gif

Hi Gavin! smile_o.gif For first, congratulations for this fantastic WW2 units, I follow your OFP works always!

I'm a friend of Dr.Rebus (in MSN and in Italian OFP Forum), and I have one question:

The left arm and hand of all units don't pick up the weapons very well. It's moved on the left.

why? huh.gifhelp.gif

Many Thanks! smile_o.gif