Sign in to follow this  
OFPCAT

Screenshoots of Soviet era soldiers

Man...

Anyone'd think he had found a cure for cancer or something , the way Denorc goes on icon_rolleyes.gif

i couldn't have said it better myself. i'm wondering if he actually got around to getting international copyrights on all of his stuff afterall, which really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

I think its this:

MGS Spetsnaz

I am not entirely sure but I think that there were 4 different colors in the pack.

Hm, if nobody had created the Spetznaz of MGS2, than i have a go on making them!!! biggrin_o.gif

I havnt tested it yet, but is in JAM3 a silenced version of the AKS-74u huh.gif The gear of the "Tanker Incident" Soldiers. And had been an AN-94 already created???

I think its this:

MGS Spetsnaz

I am not entirely sure but I think that there were 4 different colors in the pack.

Thats not the one, the creators name was Säbelzahntiger or Saebelzahntiger

If you check the ofp.info Addon forum, I think that Hoyt is working on an Eastern weapon pack that will include the AN-94.

Sorry if I missed something in this thread.

But Denorc from ORCS released a Replacement Pack for standard BIS soldiers a few months ago.

Its not perfect but it looks very good I think.

Maybe it can be improved and detailed, so that it fits high quality aspects?

Link to ofp.info:

ORCS Replacement Soviets

ORCS allready gave their permission to use their stuff. All he's waiting for is an O.K. form RHS.

Please correct me, if I'm mistaken! smile_o.gif

Sorry if I missed something in this thread.

But Denorc from ORCS released a Replacement Pack for standard BIS soldiers a few months ago.

Its not perfect but it looks very good I think.

Maybe it can be improved and detailed, so that it fits high quality aspects?

Link to ofp.info:

ORCS Replacement Soviets

I am currently using these units but the problem I dont like is they seem to be lacking equipment

ORCS allready gave their permission to use their stuff. All he's waiting for is an O.K. form RHS.

Please correct me, if I'm mistaken! smile_o.gif

Yeah, you're right. But I wont call my shared addons a release. Just wanna have fun together with the guys who are interested. One of the reason I retextured them because I have no patience to just wait and beg somebody to do something I want. So I started to do by myself. Besides those modern Soviet men, I also made some WW2 winter russians and germen by retexturing. They should be also nice.

As a fan I could fully feel what the waiting means for us. So I decide to share them privately with any guy who want it and would send them to Canadian Terror.

Its more a OK from Laser you have to wait for since lot there is his model and texture work.

I played a bit more with Photoshop last days myself...

http://www.sga-clan.de/bisforums/soviet2.jpg

However i have no clue if these will ever see a release.

The models need to be edited a bit too only textures arent enough for decent soviet units i think.

Noooo.... Dont put any patches on KLMK..!!!

[Please remove image tags when quoting a pic - Fubar]

Its more a OK from Laser you have to wait for since lot there is his model and texture work.

Of course, I know. So I'm waiting for his allowance. But i think I wont release my modified staff publicly. And I'm really obliged to RHS & ORC's team who made the so nice models which I based my work on.

For sure, if anything it's a compliment to RHS/Laser & to ORC's to use their models and keep their work in the public eye kinda thing.

thumbs-up.gif

I played a bit more with Photoshop last days myself...

http://www.sga-clan.de/bisforums/soviet2.jpg

However i have no clue if these will ever see a release.

The models need to be edited a bit too only textures arent enough for decent soviet units i think.

Noooo.... Dont put any patches on KLMK..!!!

[Please remove image tags when quoting a pic - Fubar]

You may have noticed that all i done is a reskin of textures and nothing else?

A test as said.

Besides dont know if you ever seen it but there are more than just KLMK oversuits there are also normal uniforms where you could surely put a patch on... but i dont wanna discuss about that now oh and please avoid posting sentences with lots of "!!!" at the end thumbs-up.gif

Now that's some uniforms that needs to be made.  Most Russian infantry units made look fine for post-Cold War, but except for the Afghan Soviet Troops there is a serious shortage of well modelled Soviet Army troops and Soviet RNI.

Basically RHS and ORCS need to work together or at least do something somewhat cooperative in order to bring this to life.

Basically RHS and ORCS need to work together or at least do something somewhat cooperative in order to bring this to life.

Im getting sick of repeating why that wont happen, maybe try use the search function and find out yourself sad_o.gif

I am making soviet recon VDV units, i use КРЫ naval units and have permission from Coul and Laser. But i try to make all equipment by myself

pouch3kj.th.jpg

In this case OFPCAT if you need help please ask me - post a PM

ohh. and who post me PM during last month - sorry i delete them ( system joke), so please post them one more.

I am making soviet recon VDV units, i use In this case OFPCAT if you need help please ask me - post a PM

ohh. and who post me PM during last month - sorry i delete them ( system joke), so please post them one more.

Thank you. I'll do.

NX said ORCs and RHS teams wont work together for the cold war era Soviet troops although many of us think they could really do a fantastic Soviet era staff by such cooperation and even they can do that by just their own team. But it seems they are more interested in mordern russian army. So we have to do something by ourselves to reach such dream. I really need your help, man. I'll mail you.

By way, I've a link for some my rextured staff for your reference.

I am making soviet recon VDV units, i use In this case OFPCAT if you need help please ask me - post a PM

Thank you. I'll do.

NX said ORCs and RHS teams wont work together for the cold war era Soviet troops although many of us think they could really do a fantastic Soviet era staff by such cooperation and even they can do that by just their own team. But it seems they are more interested in mordern russian army. So we have to do something by ourselves to reach such dream. I really need your help, man. I'll mail you.

By way, I've a link for some my rextured staff for your reference.

You got us wrong smile_o.gif we absolutely want to work on soviet era units. But ORCS are out of the question. BUDULAY is a very talented guy i would suggest you work with him and drop all ORCS stuff. In that case you will have my full support and perhaps even help if u need it.

That's very good to hear, by any chance will there be any means to have a somewhat variety of Soviet units in dress uniform as well. No reason to complain if you can't, since this is volunteer work you do for the community and for yourself. I'd just like to see a better looking Russian General and a better modelled/textured female Army Secretary than the BIS one.

Final question, is there any reasonable means for the pack to incorporate a means to change the national emblem with (Soviet, nothing, and Russian Federation) on the units to cover the political transition period between 1991 and 1994'ish I think. I say that because Russia did not have a new flag at 1991 yet and there were very powerful forces within Russia trying to squash the Democratization of Russia politics. This period of turmoil makes a great setting for OFP campaigns.

Anyways, hope this turns out great.

Later,

Havoc.

New retextured tank crews in Afghanistan with exact patch and badge...

dxdshot1127636003.jpg

tankman2.jpg