Sign in to follow this  
OFPCAT

Screenshoots of Soviet era soldiers

Well I'm sure that ORCS aren't so bad guys , I've requested their permission in the hope they will allow to OFPCAT the release of this awesome addon

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Shadow, those units are looking very nice though. I know I'm not alone when I say the community could definately use more Soviet Era troops, especially featuring RHS quality biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I agree we need a counter balance for HYKs 85 troops

There are...ORCS released 1985 russians previously.

What I dont get is why ofp.info is posting this as a news item (as in "going to be released") when theres a good chance that permission to release them wont happen.  whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well I'm sure that ORCS aren't so bad guys

I'm not saying they are...but check Denorcs post on this page (3rd from bottom) about MLOD models first to see what im talking about.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....7;st=15

EDIT: of course, I could be wrong (I hope so) and everything will get released which is what I would rather see happen.  thumbs-up.gif

Hi, Guys, the purpose of those screenshoots is to show we OFP fans could do something by ourselfs and not just waiting... I hope more OFP lovers could do something and share with each other. Just a pity, I'm not a model maker so cant make them perfect... But I'm sure RHS and ORC teams could make some real awesome Soviet soldiers if they'd like to... Also my special thanks to NHX of RHS who gave me the inspiration of retexturing.

For these stuffs, I cant release them publicly without the agreement of the original model makers... of course, private amusement between fans is another thing...

Finally more screenshoots of Soviet GRU troops as below..

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

good job, using the GRU textures looks loads better... i don't think anyone would have a problem as long as you rename the PBO so it doesn't overwrite their work...asking never hurt anymore wink_o.gif

we need russian winter units! thats only what we still need (no. i dont count the OOOOLD russian winter camo who was made years ago tounge2.gif )

if u could have made them like the VBS units (textures) it would be Awesome!

we got lots of desert tounge2.gif

but still.. very good unit!

Well , some good news here , you have the permission to use ORCS textures , and Denorc is ready to give you also .psd textures ,

OFP community powaaa !

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

wow, that was awfully generous of him! smile_o.gif the thing that gets me though with that 85 camo, if i'm not mistaken, it wasnt a blouse & pants seperate, but one big jumpsuit type thing, was it not?

Hey your troops are looking very good!!!

a question:

Do the Spetznaz of "Metal gear Solid II" really exist??? I mean that camo, the whole uniform etc.

metalgearsolid2_guards.jpg

Well , some good news here , you have the permission to use ORCS textures , and Denorc is ready to give you also .psd textures ,

OFP community powaaa   !

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Yeah, really good news. I'm waiting for that file...

But I still need another important permission from RHS team. Maybe NX could answer such question here?

After getting all the necessary permission from them, I would like to release all retextured stuffs to the guys who are interested. Although I dont think these stuffs are mature enough and many things havent been done, just want to share them with all guys who are in interest of Soviet army just like me. You could also make more improvements for these stuffs.

( by way, I also need some links to upload them )

Quote[/b] ]I would like to release all retextured stuffs to the guys who are interested

Right here! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyone'd think he had found a cure for cancer or something , the way Denorc goes on

Well thats kind of why i wasnt thinking there'd be any type of permissions given out. huh.gif

a question:

Do the Spetznaz of "Metal gear Solid II" really exist??? I mean that camo, the whole uniform etc.

http://www.thegamingonline.com/PS2....rds.jpg

Well all their gear is availeable in reality.

A Tankcap with mounted NV googles of soviet era ( often sold at ebay lately ), the BDU is a type of naval cammo i think probably autum version, the usual jackboots and the RD-54 Backpacks.

Basicly all of their gear is soviet era, and if i spot it right theres a bajonet attached to the belt... wonder how they would mount it on a AKS-74U tounge2.gif

Oh and maybe some remember it... there was once nearly 4 years ago a addon that was a reskinned tankman in that cammo.

It looked a lil bit like the MGS Spetsnaz

Spetsnasz will never wear tank helmet. This looks cool, but not realistic. If you are wearing this tank helmet you can't hear anything. For special forces units hearing is a very important asset. But I think it would be very cool is someone makes MGS Spetsnasz for OFP smile_o.gif

Someone already mentioned it, it will be a GREAT idea to retexture some of these soldiers in winter camo and some naval pilots wearing winter leather jackets (fuck, I'd kill for one of those right now!wink_o.gif

Speaking of chaging addons. Is there a way to edit an addon properties in the .pbo file? For example, I would like to make IQ M1 tank less armored ( it is way too high now, and makes it boring to play with, way too unrealistic). I don't want to release it, just for my own use at home. Can somone help, or at least send me to a right place on the web to learn about it?

a question:

metalgearsolid2_guards.jpg

The camo pattern is most likely the M88 (1988 TTsKO by the fancy name). Used by the Ukranian army and the Russian naval infantry. Black RD-54 Rig with the paratrooper helmet (The units were inserted with choppers so they would need a helmet, and that helmet doesn't block your hearing, it is different from the tanker's model, it doesn't have comms. And you can also spot the VDV chest patch if you look closely, the blue patch.)

Quote[/b] ]it will be a GREAT idea to retexture some of these soldiers in winter camo and some naval pilots wearing winter leather jackets (fuck, I'd kill for one of those right now! wink_o.gif

And what do you mean by winter camo? A pull-over snow camouflage suit in all white? Heavy duty khaki two-piece afganka suits? Modern patterns in winter variation? Almost every Russian pattern has an winter version of it (I mean the jacket and pants have a lining and in general more warmer than the summer variation).

Here's a photo of the M88 in summer variation if I'm not mistaken. (The autumn version has more red in it, identical to the one in MGS)

http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=250a8zc.jpg

smile_o.gif

Oh and maybe some remember it... there was once nearly 4 years ago a addon that was a reskinned tankman in that cammo.

Thank you all for the informations!!!

Do you know where i can download that reskinned tank crew?

Well it was nearly 4 years ago so i have no clue where you could find them.

I think they were called "Säbelzahntiger Spetsnaz" there were few variants with mixed cammo, one of them was the one i mentioned.

Well it was nearly 4 years ago so i have no clue where you could find them.

I think they were called "Säbelzahntiger Spetsnaz" there were few variants with mixed cammo, one of them was the one i mentioned.

Heh... Yeah, i remember that addon, gave him an AKS-74U and balaclava, and looked pretty much like the russians from the cargoship in MGS. Nice units... Can't remember what they were called, addon name or author though... And doesnt seem to one of these.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?oblast=addons&search=sabel