Sign in to follow this  
REZIN

project:: Battle Over Hokkaido

Yep! don't use the exe, use zip file it's not got the missing pbo no 5 and 6 or sumfin like that mad_o.gif seems to me someone's been hitting the saki or however it's spelled. Come to think of it does that come from japan biggrin_o.gif

Hehe, I got that problem.. An error box saying "huh.gif??? huh.gif?? ? huh.gif?? CRC SOMETHING.PBO".. That was after guessing what one of two buttons, both saying "huh.gif" to press.. Fun crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

I know people who speak other languages proboaly say the same thing about english installers, but seeing as how, largely, most of these mods are (primarily) released on English speaking sites, to people who (if it's not their primary language), can speak, or atleast read english. But it's easy enough to guess what they say (Normaly the "Next" button is highlighted, but if it gives an error with two boxes, things get.. interseting tounge2.gif).

I think this is where archive files emerge as the best idea, as it is only content, not the method of getting that content out (The archive programs are avalible in most common languages, and if you search around, I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a translation to any language)

..or, just use a multi-lingual installer. tounge2.gif

..anyway, tomorrow at somepoint I'll try out the campaigns smile_o.gif

goodnight.gif

- Ben

These units are awsome and the islands are also very good. I was wondering however if the radar tower is animated like that of Mapfacts. I can't seem to find any referance in the readmes...Also in regards to Canadian terrors question, what happened to the Type 81 Tan Surface to Air Missile Launcher.

Oh how the F4 suck its a big pile of "bib" I hate it.

Other than that this is prity good. smile_o.gif

STGN

WOW WOW WOW

just started the campaigne BROTHER and I only can say ... KANON island biggrin_o.gif the houses are amazing.

the intro on nogova is amazing the VOICES (voiceactors) are BRILLIANT !!!

and well the units really good like in the eralier releases !

very good job ... gonna go on in the campaign now.

thx benus

I just tested it , IMPRESSIVE , wow , cockpits's planes are really well done , they are pretty realistic , sounds are good too ...

This pack gives me the nice ida of making a kinda FFUR Japan vs Russia ...heh

Wake up Thunderbirdie!

Better make it Japan versus China.

BOH + VME = WAR

Really nice. The island is really good with awesome atmosphere, and the campaign is really cool : )

I just wanted to add that I think that the campaign that comes with this mod is perhaps one of the top campaigns that have ever been made for OFP. It compares extremely well with the BIS Resistance campaign and the excellent FDF campaigns.

Right now I'm stuck on that pilot rescue mission though... can't find the darn pilot. sad_o.gif

At anyr ate overall this MOD is superb. Yeah the F-4 is a bit hard to fly, but it looks gorgeous and its actually probably about as manueverable as it is in real life. My favorite plane is the C1 though. I love doing airborne missions with it. I just wish they had included the script for opening/closing the rear cargo door so that I can add that into my parachute scripts in the missions.

Great job BOH team! I'm really enjoying this mod!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest Ti0n3r
Does it work with ECP huh.gif

Yes it does! yay.gif

Does it work with ECP  huh.gif

Yes it does! yay.gif

They do not *collide*, yet BOH sets its own eventhandlers, so BOH's units do not *use* ECP features.

Or am I wrong?

Are these Japanese units modern or 80's?

Both tounge2.gif

1980ish -> Modern units are in the pack

And yeh, it runs with ECP.. The bouncing grenades seem to work for the BOH units, can't remeber if the ECP blood works (Wasn't paying attention to the blood comming out of me, to busy dying at the time tounge2.gif)

But it runs fine, no crashes or anything smile_o.gif

- Ben

Very cool mod, my favourite bits so far are the aircraft lights that don't use the dodgy spotlight - they just light up the wingtips and such, the sound for the tank rounds being fired, the afterburners, and the FFARs and their explosions. Also, the houses are very cool. Good job!  thumbs-up.gif

And yeh, it runs with ECP.. The bouncing grenades seem to work for the BOH units, can't remeber if the ECP blood works (Wasn't paying attention to the blood comming out of me, to busy dying at the time tounge2.gif)

But it runs fine, no crashes or anything smile_o.gif

The "fired" eventhandler wasn't redefined by BOH, that's why timed grenades work, "hit" wasn't either, so blood is visible, yet the "init" was. That's why You wont hear NPCs chatting with each other, nor info sharring (which is good, normally it laggs like a B!7<h icon_rolleyes.gif ).

Tanks have shockwave effect when firing, but it is a part of BOH, not ECP, same as chopper dust.

So that's basically how it looks.

I esspecially loved the uparmoured, "urban" tank biggrin_o.gif.

BOH Island Data for ECP_Island_Settings.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// =========================

// = Kan_On Island (Beta)

_island_name = "Kan_On Island (Beta)";

_island_matrix = [[1000,5500,21.4009],[1500,6500,78.7909,"61871: jp_roadd6"],[1500,9500,40,"7008: bohbush03"],[2000,8500,91.4768,"4559: fence1green"],[2500,8500,83.3787,"10853: dd_bush02"],[3000,9000,127.185,"8755: dd_bush02c"],[3500,9000,165.529,"197: dd_bush01"],[4000,9500,60.4649,"1612: jsed_tr_t2"],[5500,8000,54.9181,"8468: krovi4"],[6000,8500,62.6738]];

_island_color = 2;

_island_lighthouses = [35672];

_island_overcast_range = [0,1];

_island_fog_range = [0,0.3];

_island_weather_change_time = [300,600];

_island_weather_wait_time = [900,1200];

_island_snow_locations = [];

_island_snow_range = [];

_island_snow_density = [];

_island_snow_random_chance = 0;

_island_largechurches = [];

_island_fountains = [];

_island_heavy_rain = true;

// add island

[_island_name,_island_matrix,_island_color,_island_lighthouses,_island_overcast_range,_i

sland_fog_range,_island_weather_change_time,_island_weather_wait_time,_island_snow_locatio

ns,_island_snow_range,_island_snow_density,_island_snow_random_chance,_island_largechurche

s,_island_fountains,_island_heavy_rain] call (ECP_resources select 37);

// = BOHJASP

_island_name = "BOHJASP";

_island_matrix = [[1500,2500,27.9643],[4000,3000,22.9783],[6000,12000,102.917],[8000,4500,195.98],[8500,7000,218.943],[9000,10000,220.98],[10000,4000,41.8569],[10500,4500,103.962],[11000,10000,190.032],[12000,4500,180.975]];

_island_color = 2;

_island_lighthouses = [];

_island_overcast_range = [0,1];

_island_fog_range = [0,0.3];

_island_weather_change_time = [300,600];

_island_weather_wait_time = [900,1200];

_island_snow_locations = [];

_island_snow_range = [];

_island_snow_density = [];

_island_snow_random_chance = 0;

_island_largechurches = [];

_island_fountains = [];

_island_heavy_rain = true;

// add island

[_island_name,_island_matrix,_island_color,_island_lighthouses,_island_overcast_range,_i

sland_fog_range,_island_weather_change_time,_island_weather_wait_time,_island_snow_locatio

ns,_island_snow_range,_island_snow_density,_island_snow_random_chance,_island_largechurche

s,_island_fountains,_island_heavy_rain] call (ECP_resources select 37);

Just wanted to post a little story of mine from one of the missions that came with BOH.

I was playing Battlefield Nogova about 20 minutes ago. Just after I took Petrovice I decided I would go take a C-1 up into the air (I don't think I am supposed to do this but it sounded like a fun idea). Thought that I would be above the battlefield watching the battle unfold and commanding my troops from there. Earlier I was commanding from a UH-1 but it seemed to attract too much MG fire for my liking.

So I get in the back with 3 and tell 2 to pilot the thing. He turns it around onto the runway and then starts to take-off. Only problem is he is taking off at a slight angle on the runway. We get maybe 10 meters into the air and then all of a sudden BOOM!!! 2 Smacks the plane right into the buildings to the East of Nogova's runway.

Just thought it was a good story.

I tried out Battlefield Nogova and I think I blew the bridge up by accident with artillery.

Take my advice and dont do that! biggrin_o.gif

2 things I really like about this mod...

-Jet sounds

-Urban tank camo

Is there a city/urban Japanese uniform camo used by Japan currently? That's be an interesting thing to add to the mod.

I just wish the VME mods urban airborne troops didnt CTD ingame. whistle.gif

The jets are brilliant. They're great fun to fly, and the AI seems to enjoy making low-level bombing runs against enemy vehicles. Being in a convoy and watching the lead vehicle get blown off the road by a Mk.82 is usually enough to make me dive out of my truck and run for cover.

hm, my BOH story..

Me/Gandalf were trying out the planes/helis in BOH online, by shooting tanks, their were fine (Other than the TOW missile on one of the helis didn't work very well.. It kept mising, or hitting the ground if firing it low..)

After that, plane vs plane. After a few attempts, me crashing (Flying with mouse, typing/checking map while flying too low for my "skill" level, etc, isn't a good idea tounge2.gif)

Gand hit me with something (MG), armour was at 1/4, and lots of smoke/fire everywhere, he was flying away from me, so I sped up , "I'll use the cannon.. Nope, to close.. erm.. What now", by which time I was about 20m from him, going faster.. *Pulls down a little* *Speeds up* *Bang*, crashed right into him, midair colision. Draw! biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

..which shows how easy to fly the mod's planes are, if I can crash into a plane in one, it must be easy icon_rolleyes.gif

The helis are really nice (Short of that TOW that bearly works). The AH64, the pilot viewing the gunner optics is a great idea, but it's a shame the gunner doesn't have the same optics (it uses the normal BIS gunner optics.. sad_o.gif )

Other than that one damn TOW, dont think I have any problems with the mod, the only crash I had was a CTD due to Y2K3 (When the Remington sniper was fired, we both CTD..).

Hmm, I have to try out the ninja on the island.. So many walls, and roofs you can run on... biggrin_o.gif!

{Edit} Meeh, the roofs dont have roadway lods sad_o.gif

- Ben

Great work guys! I really like these Japanese units...it's really interesting to see JSDF weapons and vehicles! smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work! wink_o.gif

I found couple of bugs! Don't worry they are little,

and folowing are:

-F15J: cockpit canopy doesent fit to good you can see trough when you look up.( just a small line in cockpit).

-Huey with MG; MG doesent have textures on bullets that are in ammo box.

-just doesent fell good when you are holding type89 sniper.

I just dont have fealing that Im holding sniper rifle it's just autorifle with a scope. Doesent Japan army have any descent sniper rifle!?

And now just a small propose, could you make this plane from JASDF. Just look at the picture:Picture1 rofl.gif