Sign in to follow this  
cornhelium

JAM3

Great addon but Mk46 and SPW variants use usually 100 rd ammo bag instead of 200 rd ammo box for M249 wink_o.gif

How about adding 2-round burst support for the UMP45 Magazines, or an alternative S-E-F Trigger grouped UMP45 Magazine? My weapons pack has a UMP45 in it, and I am attempting to add JAM compatability, but as my UMP45 fires in semi-2 round burst-auto, and the JAM3 UMP45 magazine only has semi-auto, the weapon can't use them (due to the whole "trigger groupings must match exactly issues).

How about adding 2-round burst support for the UMP45 Magazines, or an alternative S-E-F Trigger grouped UMP45 Magazine? My weapons pack has a UMP45 in it, and I am attempting to add JAM compatability, but as my UMP45 fires in semi-2 round burst-auto, and the JAM3 UMP45 magazine only has semi-auto, the weapon can't use them (due to the whole "trigger groupings must match exactly issues).

Keep your custom sound on that one then?

smile_o.gif

JAM isn't about just changing the sounds of weapons. Its about adding "universal" weapon magazines which can realistically be used by various weapons of the same calibre etc. Having said that, the UMP45 is a rare weapon in OFP anyway, so I could probably get away with simply not using JAM amagzines for the UMP45.

JAM isn't about just changing the sounds of weapons. Its about adding "universal" weapon magazines which can realistically be used by various weapons of the same calibre etc. Having said that, the UMP45 is a rare weapon in OFP anyway, so I could probably get away with simply not using JAM amagzines for the UMP45.

Ah but you should because other weapons use the same magazine (I believe), .45 caliber 30 rd mag right? Or maybe it has its own magazines now that I think of it, but I'm not sure.

Its a 25 round .45 mag, rarely used as far as I know, and frankly, I refuse to drop the 2-round burst fire mode from the UMP45.

Hi Jackal,

Quote[/b] ]How about adding 2-round burst support for the UMP45 Magazines, or an alternative S-E-F Trigger grouped UMP45 Magazine?

Gah, sorry mate. If we'd have known a few weeks ago we'd definitely have done this, as I think you'd be the first to actually use the mag.

Now though, we'd need to re-issue all three soundpacks and their repeater variants with a new ump45burst.wss, and I can't see this happening as I'm calling it a day with editing and we've struggled to get any mirrors first time round.

As far as I'm concerned, this should happen in JAM4, whoever steps up to handle that  wink_o.gif

'til then, I guess your awesome UMP will have to stay Jackalacious  thumbs-up.gif

Cheers mate,

CH

Hi All,

Important Fix, available now:

Quote[/b] ]* AmmoCrates were badly slowing down saves/loads, due to all the new JAM3 ammo. Fixed - all new ammo is now in new crates.

* Tracer should be optional strong/none for 50cal Sniper Rifles. Fixed.

* 50cal sniper rifles should have more manageable recoil, based on RL reports. Fixed.

* PG-7 (AA) had different inventory pic to PG-7 (ALL). The pics should show the same round. Fixed.

If you've already got JAM3 installed, you can just download a 2.85mb fix. If you're new to JAM, get the full, fixed version (13.5mb). Rapidshare links at the start of this thread.

Many OFP websites have had these links for 24hrs, so mirrors should be on the way  thumbs-up.gif

Cheers mates,

CH

With JAM3 (not with the new fix) I got the "WGL freeze" where OFP just locks up while sound is playing/looping in the background and only solution is to reset the computer. I recall having three or four rifle squads with fire support on each side, West, East and Resistance (res was friendly to Nobody). These squads were all fighting each other. Lockup occurred after the battle was over and few soldiers were running around, I did not see which sides units were left alive (I was civilian observing the fight).

No, I did not have *any* other addons in the mod directory at the time, just plain and simple JAM3.

Quite alarming, huh...

I'm pleased to report that the

<span style='font-size:26pt;line-height:100%'>OFPEC JAM3 page</span>

is now up in the Addons Depot.

[*]Updated JAM3 download

[*]JAM3 Fix

[*]Optional sound packs

What a star! Thanks macguba  notworthy.gif

@Snake Man: Strange - my computer is the most freeze-prone computer in the world and I've never had one while testing the JAM units. Give us a shout if you see it again mate.  thumbs-up.gif

All the best,

CH

Our pleasure. smile_o.gif Suggest you add a link to that page in the first post of this thread.

Done smile_o.gif

Also added OFPEC links to some nifty scripts, allowing players to take standard mags from dead High Dispersion units thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

With JAM3 (not with the new fix) I got the "WGL freeze" where OFP just locks up while sound is playing/looping in the background and only solution is to reset the computer. I recall having three or four rifle squads with fire support on each side, West, East and Resistance (res was friendly to Nobody). These squads were all fighting each other. Lockup occurred after the battle was over and few soldiers were running around, I did not see which sides units were left alive (I was civilian observing the fight).

No, I did not have *any* other addons in the mod directory at the time, just plain and simple JAM3.

Quite alarming, huh...

This sounds very much like when my video card gets too hot. I will still hear sound, but everything freezes and I have to reboot. Sometimes the sound will play for as long as I let it, other times it, too, will stop, when the computer finally gives up and says it's too hot.

For me, this is not JAM3 related, just a hot case, and me forgetting to turn on a fan. Your milage may vary.

thanks for the fix m8. nice and quick smile_o.gif

gonna try tonight see if it stops my mates out of mem, he been gettin it alot too lately but cant afford the giggage smile_o.gif.

as for snake mans probs ,agreed i reckon thats a vid card prob. been around for ages. now most commonly with nvidia fx cards. only fix wa to revert to the drivers that came with card or look at date of manufacture. it fixed mine. something to do with pixel shaders and support for old cards in newer divers, being nil. sad_o.gif

Have you guys thought about replacing the default units with the new JAM3 ones? That would be kind of interesting to try out.

I couldn't help but notice while watching Forest Gump last night how the freaken guns (in the Nam scenes) sounded exactly like the JAM3 sounds. yay.gif

Hi Nemesis6,

Quote[/b] ]Have you guys thought about replacing the default units with the new JAM3 ones? That would be kind of interesting to try out.

...not sure what you mean mate. Do you mean replace the default BIS units or the default JAM units?

If you mean the JAM machine gunners, AT guys etc, it's already done. If you select a Machine Gunner (PKM) from "East/JAM - Men", you will get the JAM3 unit equipped with 500rds instead of the JAM2 unit equipped with 1000rds. Ditto the AT guys - the RPG soldier now carries 2 x JAM3 PG7VR instead of 4 x JAM2 PG7VR (The JAM3 PG7VR is much more powerful but takes more inventory space due to the 4.6kg warhead weight).

During testing, all the JAM3 units were in a separate "JAM - Men (Realistic)" set, but the general feeling was that the editor was getting too cluttered. So, we "hid" the JAM2 guys and moved the new units into their place in the basic "JAM - Men" set.

Don't get me wrong - the old JAM2 men are still there and will all show up in old missions etc. You just can't select them from the mission editor.

If you really want to use, say, a JAM2 RPG guy carrying 4 x JAM2 PG7VR in your mission, you can manually edit the unit classnames in your mission.sqm using the ReadMe to look up the old classnames. So in this case you'd open up your mission.sqm with notepad and replace any of these units:

"JAM_CAVS_EBSoldierRPG"

with this one:

"JAM_EBSoldierRPG"

Hope that helps. thumbs-up.gif

If you're talking about replacing default BIS units with JAM guys...not sure why you'd want to do this. huh.gif

In JAM3 all units inherit their models from the equivalent BIS class anyway (This makes them "transparent" to config mods like EECP and Y2K3. For example, if you're running Y2K3 you'll see a Hyk Grenadier for the JAM grenadier just the same as you would for the BIS grenadier etc. Ditto all JAM weapons wherever possible.).

Cheers, smile_o.gif

CH

Ps. @KyleSarnik - cheers mate. Have you tried the Cinemania pack? I think the Cine M14, SKS and Mosin sound just right for Nam scenarios  wink_o.gif  Using UnPBO, you can easily mix and match your favourite sounds from all three soundpacks (or any other sounds).

...then, just re-pack with MakePBO, et voilŕ!...your own personal JAM_Sounds.pbo  yay.gif

What I meant was to config-wise replace the default soldier classes with the JAM3 ones so they have the new JAM3 magazines and such.

What I meant was to config-wise replace the default soldier classes with the JAM3 ones so they have the new JAM3 magazines and such.

I got what you were saying Nemesis6 because i was just thinking of that same thing. I'd like to play the campaign and community made missions with the JAM3 weapons instead of having to just mess about with them in the editor.

That wouldn't work, and the JAM3 magazines have the same calssnames as they did in JAM and JAM2, so they aren't new, they are UPGRADED.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Nemesis6 @ Sep. 04 2005,20:16)

I got what you were saying Nemesis6 because i was just thinking of that same thing. I'd like to play the campaign and community made missions with the JAM3 weapons instead of having to just mess about with them in the editor.

Ah, so you guys are talking about equipping the BIS units with JAM mags/weapons. Hmmm, interesting idea.

That's the kind of thing that would be best integrated with one of the big config mods. Big project, with potential for a lot of fu- uh...hiccups. (One that springs straight to mind: Fired_EH scripts not working in community missions 'cause they're waiting for BIS weapons/bullets to be fired banghead.gif ) smile_o.gif

Your best bet might be to ask Kurayami & Co. if they would think about it  thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

Also, many of the scripting in the original BIS campaigns would have to be changed wherever they use a weapon or magazine or ammo classname, so like I said it just wouldn't work like you hoped it to.

Hiya Mr Reality,

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to play the campaign and community made missions with the JAM3 weapons instead of having to just mess about with them in the editor.
(My underlining)

Can I just stress friend that the JAM weapons (M16, M60 etc) and units are not really the point of the project. They're mainly there to test some of the many magazines, and to show addonmakers how to make their weapons JAM compatible.

The magazines are the real core of JAM, because they are used by many community-made weapons, standardising the handling of similar weapon types and making more ammo available on the battlefield.

...So, if you want to see JAM3 in action, play Operation Black Mamba by Chaos and see how your suppressed M4 now shoots straighter and further, but is a little less stealthy.

Or, play any mission using the BAS Delta/Rangers and enjoy sniping with the new recoils.

Or, play MrN's Warrior Patrol mission and notice how UKF's SA80 and LSW now sound similar, as they should.

Or, play Honchoblack's Dynamic Afghanistan mission and enjoy the new sounds from the OPFOR, noticing how OG-7, PG-7 and PG-7VR make a different bang, and how you can now tell whether it's a PKM or an RPD firing at you, making sure to try all three soundpacks. wink_o.gif

Or, play King Nothing's Revolt 1998 campaign and hear different sounds as bullets from AKM, PKM, RPD and SVD fly and hit all around you.

The list goes on...the point is that any improvements to JAM also improve the addons that use it "under the hood", and therefore the missions that use those addons thumbs-up.gif

Cheers mate,

CH