Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Casurina Island

Hi all,

I have been working on my first Island for ofp for about 6 months on and off now. I remember asking someone to update the BAS Tonal island, but nobody was interested. So I decided learn how to use WRP tool and edit it myself. I eventually recieved an email from Deadmeat stating that BAS would not give me permission to update or release it so work halted.I then began this island CASURINA. It's still WIP a lot still needs to be done. I hoping to release it around the time ARMA is released, so I can take advantage of the optimised engine and hopefully less lag than i'm experiencing now.

At the moment the Island includes

* Russian miltary airbase

* civillian domestic airport

* A small service airfield in the south

* Stone quarry

* Prison

* Drag Strip

* Various country towns and farms

I intend to release a campaign with the island,I'm not really good with making campaigns or missions so anyone wanting to have a go email me please. Also anyone that has any skill in making buildings enterable or static contact me. Anyway enough talk here's some pics

city5ui.jpg

lalorpark0qd.jpg

riverstone6zl.jpg

russianbase15fn.jpg

vanishingpoint5gu.jpg

Nice screenshots and island looks very nice. Take your time in building it, as I know myself it is a lot of work.

Looks intresting, how big will the island be? and are there any lag issues?

Smiley

It is about 25 km I think (if you fly across it takes a good while), about half the size of Tonal. I wanted to make it bigger ,perhaps I will when I figure out how to do that with wrp tool  confused_o.gif . Lag well, the only area it stutters a bit is in the city area, but that is set on high detail, view distance 1000 and on a resolution of 1600x1200 on a p4 2.8 gig with a gforce fx 5900. Im trying to elminate lag where I can. I basically wanted this island to be for tank and air units, overall the island is universal, a kind of all in one. Hence the reason I want to release it with a campaign, to show it's versitility.

it's.............so.........beautiful...... inlove.gif

very nice work SGT_SAVAGE! notworthy.gif can't wait for this one! yay.gif

yw iam with the wacky Iraqi on this one gr8 work and realy nice looking island notworthy.gif

this is a real good looking island right now take your time to finish it so we canhave the next gen of super islands biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for all your positve comments guys , but does anyone know a good place to host my images for this forum? the host i'm using now has a limit on downloads, hence the pictures not available.  confused_o.gif

Yes, I would like to see the pics.

It sounds nice tounge2.gif

wink_o.gif

heh, its looking like the real world  biggrin_o.gif

(well, with building placement, roadsigns, walkthingys next to road, etc smile_o.gif )

That looks awesome ! Nice updated screenshots.

Really good work and everything is so well and detailed placed. notworthy.gif

I am looking forward to cruise with a car over your island !

As promised more screen shots....

13wi2.jpg

26it.jpg

35pd.jpg

54ed.jpg

66ny.jpg

48lj.jpg

Im looking for someone to make some traffic lights and other street objects if you can help email me.

Sav

Some fully working traffic lights have already been made, by wizzywig i believe.

Clicky here

biggrin_o.gif

Island looks awesome! Best custom (if not out of the BIS ones to) island out there! Great job! inlove.gif lol

Yeah I know, they are good but not really what i'm after. Thanks anyway.  smile_o.gif

OMFG

This is unreal, I just checked the pics and well in allmost every picture you see completly new city building and using things that have never been done before!

The way things are placed is absolutly fabulous, the airport looks really well with the sunshelters and the larger hangars, you probally have been to a airport once since there are taxiways and stuff that makes it real.

The highway on the overpass is superb, the park in the city is insanely calming! And the dragstrip is something I will have lots of fun with!

Mang I cannot wait for a release! This is probally one of the best islands in graphical detail for woodland maps!

Edit banana's for you man!

yay.gif YAAY yay.gif UBER yay.gif COOL yay.gif MAP! yay.gifrofl.gif

Great looking island! yay.gif

Dare I ask how the AI handle your bridges and over-passes?

damn this map rocks biggrin_o.gif i especially love the crossings thumbs-up.gif

Wildo

Great looking island!  yay.gif

Dare I ask how the AI handle your bridges and over-passes?

They seem to be able to, They do have a tendancy to change sides. The trick is to put quite a few waypoints along the roads, more than usual. biggrin_o.gif