Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Huge Release !!

Umm I spotted of what looks like a bug. When I was putting some soldiers in a BMP... they werent inside the BMP but above the BMP. I was wondering if this was looked into by others.

Don't know, but if Thunderbird used the ORCS- BMP then there are the cargo proxies outside the tank.

In this case its not a bug, its only the alternative version of that tank.

wink_o.gif

Wow. Amazing work notworthy.gif

Downloading now  wink_o.gif

STFU first post people!!!

do we care ur dling now!!!??

lol

Hmm , unforunately nobody noticed that bug with cargo soldiers which shows soldiers out of the bmp floating a bit while beta tests...

It doesn't matter , I'll fix that asap smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Wow. Amazing work notworthy.gif

Downloading now wink_o.gif

STFU first post people!!!

do we care ur dling now!!!??

lol

rofl.gif

thunderbird, another bug, on the ural repair truck, ammo truck & fuel truck, you made the driver class actions "jeep' or something else instead of ural, so when you start off, you start under the truck wink_o.gif

Downloaded it last night, installed it (The installer confused me.. I started it, then the screenshots started, I left it for 5mins, then realisd I could skip though them by clicking, after clicking a few times I realised it hadn't started installing! mad_o.gif It was also annoying having no way to stop the music on the installer only, but then again things like Boiling Point have the same problem)

Anyway, after installing the mod, and fixing all the shortcut paths and icon paths (Why can't the installer create these using the path you give?!wink_o.gif, started the game..

"Close the book"

"Whats that" *Clicks*

Quits game.. oh

Restarted the game.. Couldn't click on anything other than quit!!? crazy_o.gif

I couldn't move up/down on the menu, but if I pressed enter I could get into the single missions.. So I played Bomber Man, the new islands were great biggrin_o.gif

It didn't slow down at all, apart from when I set of 3 satchels and it hit the convoy..

Running towards where the convoy starts a BMP drives out, and starts firing at me (Sounds are fecking great too biggrin_o.gif ), hits me once I think (The health bar went down a quarter, which isn't bad considering I was in the open when it started firing at me, and took about 10 seconds for me to get to cover tounge2.gif)

Then I tried ground attack, again the new textures were great, played it for a few minutes then crashed. Effects again not laggy biggrin_o.gif

But still I can't get to the mission editor, or multiplayer (or any other thing other than quit and single missions)?!

Any ideas why it's doing this? (I installed the sky pack, if thats any help, but it shouldn't alter how the menu acts...)

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird, another bug, on the ural repair truck, ammo truck & fuel truck, you made the driver class actions "jeep' or something else instead of ural, so when you start off, you start under the truck wink_o.gif

someone else's having this trouble or ?

I don't have it though , weird !

Quote[/b] ]But still I can't get to the mission editor, or multiplayer (or any other thing other than quit and single missions)?!

Try again...

Don't click eveywhere , be wise until you'll see the GUI wink_o.gif

For people who wanna get the rar version , check the first page again wink_o.gif

That is how AIR to AIR fights look with FFUR

FFURairfight1.jpg

FFURairfight2.jpg

FFURairfight3.jpg

FFURairfight4.jpg

FFURairfight5.jpg

FFURairfight6.jpg

FFURairfight7.jpg

inlove.gif hm our 4 year old OFP

@thunderbird84

Congratulations. This is a hell of a job that you did.

I just want to know if you plan to release a flashFX version of this (without the replacements). I'm not a big fan of the 1985 era but I love the flashFX effects.

Thanks in advance

Yeah , maybe there would be a FFUR scripted config with only BIS addons after the release of the still unreleased both packs/

btw thank you for the nice comments!

Awesome pictures Benus !

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

@thunderbird84

Congratulations. This is a hell of a job that you did.

I just want to know if you plan to release a flashFX version of this (without the replacements). I'm not a big fan of the 1985 era but I love the flashFX effects.

Thanks in advance

then you should try the Y2K3 replacement mod

I've an important question though :

Hey people , do you think it's a good idea FFUR will make Modern Total conversion packs using the best of the community era - 2005 too ?

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Im sure if you did a modern one it would be great like FFUR.

But isn't there already Y2K3 (great mod) and soon to be new EECP, but Guess another can't hurt though!!!! thumbs-up.gif

I've an important question though :

Hey people , do you think it's a good idea FFUR will make Modern Total conversion packs using the best of the community era - 2005 too  ?  

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

yea, IF you can bother!   biggrin_o.gif

It would be cool to see a "slightly futuristic" mod with such weapons from Halo or possibly the 2 SMGs from Half Life 2. But I don't know any addons with that kind of stuff. confused_o.gif

I still think it's a good concept though! biggrin_o.gif

For now though perhaps you should concentrate on sorting out the few bugs in FFUR 5.0? There's nothing like the feeling of a finished "job well-done!" wink_o.gif

EECP is totally based on ECP latest stuff. > 2003 gear

Y2K3 is based on the old ECP and some other extra stuff > 2003 gear

FFUR will be entirely based on FFUR/FlashFx effects > 2005 gear

I will do a poll in the goal to grab people's opinion .

smile_o.gif

It would be cool to see a "slightly futuristic" mod with such weapons from Halo or possibly the 2 SMGs from Half Life 2. But I don't know any addons with that kind of stuff.  confused_o.gif

I still think it's a good concept though!  biggrin_o.gif

futuristic like tomorrow

Absolute stunning work, i love you FFUR Team.

Excellent job!

Downloaded in less than 13 minutes;

Thank you 10 MB internet connection; 1.45 Mb/s !

- Viper

@berro

I've tried it already (Y2K3). But I have the same problem with it that I have with ECP: LAG.

They both use the DynamicRange sound pack and that pack lags like hell on my pc (Athlon 64 3200+). Even the sound pack alone lags. In fact, its the only thing that lags on my pc.

Since there is no way to separate the effects from the sounds in those mods I prefer to use FlashFX with the soundpack of my choice (usually Wright).

I also have to say that I love the over the top effects in FlashFX. Make me feel like I'm watching a movie...

@thunderbird84

It would be great to have a modern replacement pack with the FlashFX effects and the possibility to choose your sound pack.

Cheers

I still can't play this. Thunderbird you said: "for people who have "operationflashpoint" instead of "operation flashpoint" , just choose your directory while installing , then change the shortcut icon's path , that's it , not hard to do". I did choose directory while installing. It got installed where it suppose to be installed, but every time i try to change the path it tells me it is an invalid path. Could you PLEASE tell me how to change the shortcut path. Only constructive answers ppl please mad_o.gif

@berro

I've tried it already (Y2K3). But I have the same problem with it that I have with ECP: LAG.

They both use the DynamicRange sound pack and that pack lags like hell on my pc (Athlon 64 3200+). Even the sound pack alone lags. In fact, its the only thing that lags on my pc.

Since there is no way to separate the effects from the sounds in those mods I prefer to use FlashFX with the soundpack of my choice (usually Wright).

I also have to say that I love the over the top effects in FlashFX. Make me feel like I'm watching a movie...

@thunderbird84

It would be great to have a modern replacement pack with the FlashFX effects and the possibility to choose your sound pack.

Cheers

all mods lag for me, P4 2.66ghz 768mb ram ATI radeon 9800 PRo

EECP is totally based on ECP latest stuff. > 2003 gear

Y2K3 is based on the old ECP and some other extra stuff > 2003 gear

FFUR will be entirely based on FFUR/FlashFx effects > 2005 gear

I will do a poll in the goal to grab people's opinion .

smile_o.gif

where will you place the poll?