Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

VME Release !

its now time for world war III China vs Russia vs USA vs everyone else  pistols.gif

Now Chinese PLA is having an united exercise with Russian army in their coastal city QingDao. PlA VS US troops may be workable if the US troops support China Taiwan in future clash across Taiwan straits but not for Russian army! Russian is their friend now. Actually,the biggest foe of Chinese is Japanese and they would fight them everywhere in OFP or any other places.

TIMMORE : : pistols.gif

Just tested the VME MOD. Really an awesome MOD, very impressive!! And almost has no lag with so many effects.

In addition, the script of VME will be very helpful for the reference of other MODS, especially for WW2 addon makers. The anims of deploying mortar, heavy machine gun and long range fire support will be very useful for WW2 battles. Currently, the mortars and heavy machine guns from other addons can't be moved in game and you have to put them just in one fixed place in the all game. But in VME Mod, they become the real powerful supporting fire in close combat. Very nice!

Being a chiness myself i quite know what really is:

NO! NO! NO! Russian and China is never been too friendly together, i'd say that they are in a "good" neighborhoods but no they are not to the point of being "friends"

NO! NO! NO! Russian and China is never been too friendly together, i'd say that they are in a "good" neighborhoods but no they are not to the point of being "friends"

NI ZHE GE SHA BI!! TAI DIU REN LE! JU RAN HE HU JINGTAO DUI ZHE GAN! mad_o.gif

Ialso they need an island..u can only wage war on the BIS islands for so long....

You can use the chinese style islands from ROC Mod or getting KINMEN island. Both are the nice islands with chinese buildings and settings.

stop being bitch plz, needless to say we are in political good relationships to each others, and wish that we would never going to war with them(same as the fact that i didnt like to see our troops go to war with "GLA"  rofl.gif  , which you might not agree)

but the fact is that we could go to war with everyone else if we get screwed by them

i wouldnt put personal feeling on subjects as i give shits to what those a$$ so far above us says, so if there is few but not no chance that we start a war, i would say that we are after all not real "friends"

p.s. damn i hate politics! crazy_o.gif

p.s. "GLA" is my nick for the almighty US of A

now back on topic

no i didnt waste your time, i like the mod with the new AI script, only problem i have meet is that i still find it quite hard to make the artillery work, may be i miss out something? confused_o.gif

huh.gif  The artillery didn`t work. When I play as platoon comander and try to call artillery or any other support, than I get an "no target". AI isn`t capable to  call support too. Btw. I`m using this addons with the ECP Mod.

ECP mod is most likely interfering with some scripts. Try using arty without ECP.

huh.gif  The artillery didn`t work. When I play as platoon comander and try to call artillery or any other support, than I get an "no target". AI isn`t capable to  call support too. Btw. I`m using this addons with the ECP Mod.

ECP mod is most likely interfering with some scripts. Try using arty without ECP.

You needn't to play VME addons within ECP or other MODs to get some special effects and anims. You could just creat a VME Mod clip under the OFP root and play VME with its own nice effects and anmis. The release is a MOD file instead of just addon packs. confused_o.gif

stop being bitch plz, needless to say we are in political good relationships to each others, and wish that we would never going to war with them(same as the fact that i didnt like to see our troops go to war with "GLA"  rofl.gif  , which you might not agree)

but the fact is that we could go to war with everyone else if we get screwed by them

i wouldnt put personal feeling on subjects as i give shits to what those a$$ so far above us says, so if there is few but not no chance that we start a war, i would say that we are after all not real "friends"

p.s. damn i hate politics! crazy_o.gif

p.s. "GLA" is my nick for the almighty US of A

now back on topic

no i didnt waste your time, i like the mod with the new AI script, only problem i have meet is that i still find it quite hard to make the artillery work, may be i miss out something? confused_o.gif

chinas top generals even say that at present time, china could not go to war with the USA & win...if you cant beat the good ol US of A, how do you expect to beat the entire world.  face it, china has the largest army in the world, if i'm not mistaken, but if they tried to pull shit on either the US, or Russia, china would be a parking lot & future land of walmart, mcdonalds & bestbuy in about ten minutes. & going against the US, there is a tiny problem called getting your million(s) of men OVER the worlds largest ocean over here wink_o.gif luckily for both of our countries that probably won't happen, such a war would be far too costly to both sides, & we both have sense enought to know it's not really worth it.  

either way, brilliant mod, it's fun!

Just one word for you, ' IDIOT' pistols.gif

Two words for you: 48hrs Post Restriction!

Also, the politics talk ends now. Every post after this one containing politics ends in a 48hr Post Restriction!

Its three words tounge2.gif , and back to the original theme of the thread, subberb work VME guys biggrin_o.gif , now the cqb battles are really difficult, those little chinesse pronning from the corners are amazing biggrin_o.gif

phew, i thought i was restricted, anyways, to the VME guys, there's a bug in this version that has been in all i've ever seen. the hovercraft...when you go 20 feet away from it it turns totally white, none of the other LODs have any textures whatsoever, ive tried it on my laptop & PC, same all around...;)

I got it. I added a few more enemy tanks, and the platoon commander called in an airstrike. It works with ECP too. smile_o.gif

I had the texture problem on the hovercraft with an older release of VME units. Didn`t tested the hovercraft of this release but I thought this bug has been wiped out. sad_o.gif

I got it. I added a few more enemy tanks, and the platoon commander called in an airstrike. It works with ECP too. smile_o.gif

I had the texture problem on the hovercraft with an older release of VME units. Didn`t tested the hovercraft of this release but I thought this bug has been wiped out. sad_o.gif

Ahh, so we can combine this with the ECP mod? Brilliant!

I made an modfolder called @vme, in this I created the addons folder in that I put only the VME addons. I started OFP+ECP+@VME and the units does theire job.

airstrike is working fine for me, but still cant get artillerys to work, they always firing from a low angle

edit: sorry to bring this mess up, i apologizes for that sad_o.gif

Always great to see a new Chinese version! thumbs-up.gif

My one thing I noticed (and maybe its just me as usual) but are there no firing sounds for the AK? It sounds like either a silenced sound or no sound.

Great update as usual though. smile_o.gif

I see Sanc's and Locke's anims are present in this mod, but apparently Locke's Lean/Roll are active only in the 3 Demo missions.

Anybody else experiencing this?

@4in1

What must I have in place to get the support functions to work, at least the airstrike, since that's what you got to work?

only soldier under xxx(CQB) group have the lean and roll anim,like VME-PLA-ARMY(CQB)

and it's very easy to let artillery work

for example

first put 1 PLZ89 under VME United Artillery to map

second select "Call Artillery Support",HQ will say"No Target" now

third open map,hold "Alt" and "Shift" then hit the map with left mouse bottom.them you'll see HQ say"Target located"

fourth select "Call Artillery Support" again

then,let's wait for artilleries

only soldier under xxx(CQB) group have the lean and roll anim,like VME-PLA-ARMY(CQB)

and it's very easy to let artillery work

for example

first put 1 PLZ89 under VME United Artillery to map

second select "Call Artillery Support",HQ will say"No Target" now

third open map,hold "Alt" and "Shift" then hit the map with left mouse bottom.them you'll see HQ say"Target located"

fourth select "Call Artillery Support" again

then,let's wait for artilleries

yes iv done this the way u say to and also it keeps on saying no target. Iv done it the way u say it its easy to do but it does not work it keeps on saying No Target sad_o.gif

I mean,hold "Alt" and "Shift" and hit the map with left mouse bottom At same time

yes thats what iv done its just not working i dont know why iv done it right sad_o.gif