Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

Bahadur released

I don't know how far you this island use afganeveron stuff, but I divided it into textures (induskush.pbo), buildings/object (afgano.pbo) and terrain (afganeveron) in order to be use it by module to make other middle-east / hot-arid area map, maybe only textures or objects are needed ?

yes it is alot of addons, but a good chunk of them are standard for most people now.Personally I think its great that someone has an island out that has used alot of the available addons to create a place with alot of diverse architecture.

I don't mind the fact it requires so many addons (except islands) but theres always going to be the inevitable error problems, like mine for example; does anybody know what addon this is from..

image10jn.jpg

I don't mind the fact it requires so many addons (except islands) but theres always going to be the inevitable error problems, like mine for example; does anybody know what addon this is from..

Seb Ilo Ilo

@HOBOMAN

cheers dude. I must of missed it in the comprhensive needed addons list  crazy_o.gif  and it's another bloody island

edit; and theres no intro either rofl.gif [i suppose it's because it's a beta]

Guest The Cobra

So for the next version;

Less addons!

Then I'll download it...

No offence smile_o.gif

i think it should be a standard that if an island is being released, the maker can make a pack of all needed stuff (like just the used trees from Tonal and ilo ilo) so that u dont have to use the islands the come with them, of cource with proper credits.

i think it should be a standard that if an island is being released, the maker can make a pack of all needed stuff (like just the used trees from Tonal and ilo ilo) so that u dont have to use the islands the come with them, of cource with proper credits.

But you know what makes the island which comes with the

new objects that big? - Yeah it's the objects and textures and

not the island itself wink_o.gif

The way you suggested Soul_Assassin could easily lead into

another problem - lot's of addons 3 or 4 times inside your

addon/mod folders as each map would make use of it's own

version.

Anywayz, what you mean like having objects packs and islands

being seperated has already been done and will be done

further, but some ppl like to release more than just seperate

things - the more they like to release whole in one's like

Tonahl - Afghaneveron - CAT_Shit_One etc.

~S~ CD

Something like a "Bahadur_O.pbo" would've been nice. something with only the required addons. I believe BergHoff did this with his island, Homeland.

On the other hand, this is a really nice island. North east seemed to have more of an "Afghan" feel, while the south west areas had an "Iraqi" feel. Nice for making a generic middle east island, where as others seemed to be themed more for Afghanistan...

smile_o.gif

Something like a "Bahadur_O.pbo" would've been nice. something with only the required addons. I believe BergHoff did this with his island, Homeland.

When whe had different addonpacks like ....pbo wich uncludes addons, than we will got a lot of trouble like now when we have the same addon in different addon folders. sad_o.gif

tonahl is real nice, i've had it since release togheter with the other bas stuff, tonahl is one of the best african - mid east styled islands around.. smile_o.gif

very nice with a campign built around it. makes it more bang for your buck instead of a single mission that would use 20 addons biggrin_o.gif

this sounds reallynice,will try it out later this weekend xmas_o.gif

well i also got all adons installed on my hdd exept the hemp thingie but thats only a small few kb's

and you could also make a mod folder including most of it and then refer to see bas on the side

it realy is a nice island a realy gives a feal of a small republic somewhere just like tonal did

it has a small rebel/terrorist/airstrip up in the hills and 2 drugs farms so plenty of options for missions

i think a MOD folder would be a good idea with all the objects and island init. notworthy.gif

it is a lot better to load with one click rather than having to DL mega addons i do have most all addons anyhow ill try to take a look at the island when i got time to sort threw all my addons and find all the needed addons  tounge2.gif

It`s a very nice island, but I got a problem with it. All addons are in my @Islands\addons folder. When I load bahadur in the editor I get an messege that reports "cannot open ags_portupd\skc_crate.p3d(Magic)".

The island is running fine and can`t find an error in the harbor region. This is the only island that give me this error. Can someone tell me what`s wrong? huh.gif

That error message stems from the island maker having used an older version of AGS Harbour kit than the current 1.3 version. Nothing else.

There once was a "ags_portupd.pbo" addon, but the contents of that are nowadays covered by the "ags_port.pbo" of said 1.3 version of the harbour kit. The island, however, references a model in that old, obsolete addon.

The island maker therefore needs to

1) Get rid of any and all copies of "ags_portupd.pbo"

2) Make sure he has the latest AGS Harbour kit (ie version 1.3)

3) Update his island, since it still tries to load a 3d model from ags_portupd.pbo, which, again, is obsolete. (Use ags_port\skc_crate.p3d instead)

As most people have said, i took a glance at this and thought.....great, this looks like it could be good....then looked at the addons list and thought "well, screw that then" rofl.gif

I think you should get rid of the tonal stuff for a start, thatd be 100 odd MB down smile_o.gif

No offence to them, but all BAS stuff seems to infect my missions, you can make a mission and not place a single BAS unit, and then have alot of MP problems because its saying its needed icon_rolleyes.gif Hell, i even know someone who removed all BAS stuff and STILL got this problem.

Thus, basically, while this contains BAS stuff, i wont be downloading, as the main focus of my mission making is making stuff for a coop squad server, and i cant afford addons that arent our standard ones creeping into my missions smile_o.gif

I'd probably download maybe, 60-80 mb of additional addons for this map, no more.

I have to agree with the crowd, I saw the screenshots and thought I'd have myself a cool new island to mess around in, only to scroll down a discouragingly long list of required addons.

If you have suggestions or comments, send me an email and I will add your request to my list of changes for v1.5 of Bahadur.  I will try and work on 2 versions of V1.5.  One with the addons for the people who dont mind, and a version with only CAT objects, mapfact objects, and the SEB palms and grass, I will also get the version of AGS Harbour updated.

Thanks for taking interest in the project.

Anderson

www.operation-trident.net

i would say def. keep the BAS objects, there really arent any that look as good as those out there, just use those objects, & those only.

I haven't downloaded this island yet, but I fully intend to, judging from the screens, it would be a crying shame not to.

To the people complaining about the amount of 3rd party addons required, I say this : This is what these addons were made for. The objects packs, the military buildings packs, the industrial packs. These were all created to make islands worth downloading, not just giving us a few more standard islands with a different layout and shape.

As has already been said, most of the addons required to run this island are fairly popular anyway...

Thanks for taking what must have been quite a substantial amount of time creating this beautiful new island smile_o.gif

Looks great from screenshots, I scrolled down.. Screw that.. tounge2.gif

Nah, I've put all (:crazy:) the addons in a download manager, and their downloading just now..

I totaly agree with making "bahadur_o.pbo", how many objects did you NOT use out of bas_o.pbo?

Quite a few I bet, and it'd also cut out downloading 7kb files, as they could easily be included

I wouldn't have a problem downloading a big pack, even if I did have Tonal already, and I dont think others would (if they knew it was so you didn't have to download a addon list to rival most books.. tounge2.gif)

Anyway, while writing this message, most of the small downloads completed, just Tonal to go, and thats %60 done..

...poor Brittish Telecom smile_o.gif

- Ben

I just saw this in www.ofp.info and it looked interesting. So I scrolled down... and scrolled down some more... and some more...

Normally i wouldn't mind to d/l some requirements, but there were just too many. If you put them all in 1 folder like someone suggested it would make things easier, even though you would probably have to ask all the seperate creators for permission.

It really does look kickass (dirt airstrip! ) and quite extrodinary, but it's a "would you like some chips with your ketchup" situation.

dont know if this has been mentioned, but the AI seem to want to land aircraft in the sea notworthy.gif god love the AI.

Perhaps its something i'm doing or not doing?

Other than that i love the island. I've made all the ranges working and the cqb areas are great. Took me a while to find the hash plantations, found them now and they'll be the first place i make a mission for ...... thanks very much for this island, i know islands take an age to make and i appreciate every click you made while creating this little bueaty.

oh and with ther huge download? ah common ppl its not that hard if you have dsl or cable. It would be good however to just download a pbo that had all the objects used, as i find the only annoying thing is that after downloading this island i now have a bunch of island i'll never use for example the seb ones.

Normally i wouldn't mind to d/l some requirements, but there were just too many. If you put them all in 1 folder like someone suggested it would make things easier, even though you would probably have to ask all the seperate creators for permission.

I'm about to upload the PBOs in an archive for a friend, but I've not included the readmes etc so I guess some people would complain about that if I did link to the file.. banghead.gif

Or should I give you all the link regardless? tounge2.gif

- Ben

1 AI Runway will be included in the v1.5

What is wrong with everyone in regards to not liking addons?  

Thats what the addons have been made for.  

They give "variety" to the objects seen on the map, and unless people have dial-up I dont understand....

As I said before, I will release a addon free version of Bahadur but this will be after the Trident Campaign, and the FULLY LOADED v1.5 map is complete.  Then I'll make a copy with just BIS stuff, or something if people want. If not then Im not going to bother.

Man, you work as hard as you can on a map for a couple months and this what you get...Sheesh, a little de-moralizing.

P.S. will someone help me set up a Bahadur_Objects pbo?

Anderson

really elite island, the airbases are a REALLY GOOD STEP but the runway textures combined with the roads are not good imo... and maybee some taxiways conected to other taxiways so you dont have to taxi across another runway because then the airtraffic cannot land and taxi at the same time!

The shelters diagonally placed to the runway is really good! I dont mind the roads at taxiways, but maybee you could then loose some of the real taxiways and put roads in the place, so you only have the roads and the runway!

The rest of the island is very nice indeed!

This emoticon should also be with "APPROVED!!" band.gifbiggrin_o.gif