Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

wow, dingmatt, nice work wink_o.gif

Oh and by the way i'm planning to release jaffa this week if not today  tounge2.gif

EDIT:

Found some bugs.

1. When the dhd button is pressed, a chevron locked sound can be heard

2. iris sound not synchronised with actual iris

3. when the gate is dialing and you stop it, you can hear the wormhole disengage sound, although wormhole is not established

4. On the second mission which came with the original stargate mod (xmp2), when you go to abydos, the second guy (a blackop) dies, the moment you step through the gate.

EDIT:

Jaffa update

jaffa1bf.th.jpg

how's the new textures? tounge2.gif

I'll work on these, won't be long.

Textures look great btw

dingmatt i mailed you a fix, check your mailbox.

Fixed those first 3, except #4

Great textures, precisely what I was looking for smile_o.gif Any plans for some other Stargate related projects after your'e done with the Jaffas? wink_o.gif

dingmatt i mailed you a fix, check your mailbox.

Fixed those first 3, except #4

cheers walmis, i knew a few bugs would slip through my fingers. I'll fix the last, i have a good idea of whats causing it.

and don't forget to add the sounds i attached wink_o.gif That splat sound sounds so sweeet biggrin_o.gif

and don't forget to add the sounds i attached wink_o.gif That splat sound sounds so sweeet biggrin_o.gif

there are better so on they go, just found another bug. my one way code is not killing at the mo.

just fixed it, will post a new version soon.

Great textures, precisely what I was looking for smile_o.gif Any plans for some other Stargate related projects after your'e done with the Jaffas? wink_o.gif

yeah, i`m thinking on doing those mavericks

mav4sw.jpg

or maybe those jaffa stun grenades

A Updated version of the StarGate Mod is ready...

with walmis help we have removed some bugs and enabled the one way kill script.

Also contains new sounds for the gate donated by walmis.

Download Here SG_MOD

Absolutely stunning work. I'm quite a fan of the Stargate SG-1 series and to now have them in flashpoint is quite incredible. I started to create a mission involving the gates and have quite a few ideas. However there's something I want to do but have no idea how. I have 3 or 4 gates in the map but I would like 2 of the gates to have the Iris's closed on them. The idea being that we could only gate to 2 locations until the guards holding the other 2 gates have been defeated and the iris's opened by allies. How do I go about this idea?

i have bumped into the same problem back a while. Unfortunately i haven't figured that one out.

Thats possible with v1.1 of the DFS gate.

This is how:

To close the iris remotely:

1) add a trigger to start at the beginnig of the mission using this init:

" IRIS = (1,2,3,4?); publicvariable "IRIS";IRISG = 0;publicvariable "IRISG";IRISC = 1;publicvariable "IRISC" "

2) replace the (1,2,3,4?) with a number of your choice, for example if i have 4 gates then i can use 0,1,2,3.

You'll have to use trial and error to find our which of your gates is which number.

3) repete for each desired gate.

" IRIS = (1,2,3,4?); publicvariable "IRIS";IRISG = 0;publicvariable "IRISG";IRISC = 1;publicvariable "IRISC" "

To remotly open the iris:

1) On a trigger of your choosing, e.g. all jaffa dead, add the following init:

" IRIS = (1,2,3,4?); publicvariable "IRIS";IRISG = 1;publicvariable "IRISG";IRISC = 1;publicvariable "IRISC" "

2) Again change the (1,2,3,4?).

3) Repete for gate and your done.

Sorry for the long code, though its possible as shown above its not ment to be a normal gate function.

Dingmatt

When closing the iris a hint pops up "close1". Comment line 40 of "listen.sqs"

When closing the iris a hint pops up "close1". Comment line 40 of "listen.sqs"

ah, debugging code you gotta love it.

I'll remove the line, thx.

Great work guys!! I was getting killed at times by the gate also. But that might be fixed after the last patch.

If it will mess up anything you guys have done up till now then disregard this request.

But might a mobile DHD script by made for aircraft? Just the script alone would be enough. This might open the gate to craft that might not be on the show, but it would be cool to use anyway smile_o.gif

Walmis, it's a good start, very accurate, but they seem a little slim. Maybe you could try to make their armor a bit bulkier. I mean they basically resemble medieval knights.

And also, this could be quite a challange, but are there plans for a horus guard (my personal favorite) unit?

stargat1.gif

Also good for refrence on the armor:

jaffa.jpg

I hope i don't tell you something you already know but i noticed that when you stun a player in mp he won't stand up again from your point of view. If he walks around after the first shot of a Zat you just see him sliding around with a static death anim.

However. These addons really kick ass.

Tedted the V1.2 version today. This is the error we got. Some players reported not being able to access the gate functions also.[imghttp://sas.ogn.com.au/SGerror.jpg[/img]>100kb

Are these the only planets that are scripted in for the action menu?

Abydos              

Alaris              

Argos              

Cimmeria            

Edora              

Ernestova_planeta  

Euranda            

Hanka              

Chulak              

Juna                

K_tau              

Kheb                

Klorelova_lod      

Martinova_planeta  

Oaness              

Tollan              

Othalla            

Tollana            

P2X_555            

Zakladna_Beta      

Zeme                

Vorash              

P3X_118            

P3X_562            

P3X_595            

P3X_979            

Apophis_mother_ship

P5C_353            

Earth          

I tried to name one of the gates by a different name. Ex:

[this,Earth,"0 SetOvercast 0;0 setRain 0;0 setfog 0;skipTime 20+time"] EXec "\SG_DHD\SQS\createidentity.sqf"

Where Earth was changed to another name of my choice and I got this in the action menu Dial up unknown adr.name 1

If that is the planet layout that's cool, but I just thought I'd ask. Great work, keep it up!!!

Mmmmm a Stargate mod awsome, now I have a good reason to go but OPF for PC now biggrin_o.gif I almost bought it awhile back but I decided not to, but I rented OPFE for Xbox and it was crazily awsome

Ok the jaffa is out smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Jaffa units v1.0 By walmis <walmis@balticum-tv.lt>

Here's my first released Jaffa pack.

You can find the units in:

Resistance -> Rebel Jaffa

East -> Jaffa

This pack contains two versions of jaffa - One with helmet, and one without.

It takes a few bursts to the chest to take them out. The one with helmet is invulnerable to headshots.

Don't forget to copy the included staffweapon.pbo, i strenghtened the staffweapon a little and Tweaked it.

Enjoy

17im.th.jpg21ms.th.jpg

37ae.th.jpg43us.th.jpg

Download here Jaffa_pack

Dammit have class in 50minutes won't have time to test them :/ They sure look great, thanks for including Jaffas without helmets.

Tedted the V1.2 version today. This is the error we got. Some players reported not being able to access the gate functions also.[imghttp://sas.ogn.com.au/SGerror.jpg[/img]

think i know the cause of this, i'll run out a new version shortly.

Very nice Mr walmis. Hope you manage to find a way of having a functional animated helmet like the movie. JAFFA CREE!!

And good update DSF guys, nice sounds. Great to hear the gaps filled in. Now I know when the gate has shut behind me.

I have the same problem as above pic, but I trust you guys to fix it wink_o.gif

Oh, and for some reason I cant run up the rockstairs. Can get down fine though.