Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Well im getting one problem, whenever I try to power up the  gate with more than 3 people in my group, I get an error message. The gate powers up fast and you see the blue stuff for a second and then it goes away and you cant go through. Can anyone help?

Your playing it in single player right? I haven't encountered this problem yet. Also is the problem in a demo mission, as one demo has an incoming gate that won't let you dial out until the enemy come through your gate.

I did get a few error messages across the top when I messed with the weather but thats about it sofar.

ps: thx for the 50 cal kyle!!!

realy gr8 work tryed it first now driving the Talon Sword throw it and fight dome enemys realy gr8

do this scrips and things work if i put it on a island in wrptool?

Any chance of a mirror for the M2? seems to be already over the download limit.

Great Stargate stuff by the way

Ah, nice pic, Hornet85! I see I wasn't the only one who tested the Research Complex as SG base...

But what's the 'lil robo there?

Thanks for posting the mirror. Damn thats a great looking pic.. I think i saw that robot it was donated to the gulf war 2 mod if i remeber correctly

ye that is right just fixed it up added some stuf and textures and now it works fine almost

Firstly WOW, this is awesome, managed to drive a Humvee through the SG, secondly, are you planning on the wormhole being able to kill people when it splashes out forward when it starts? (sorry if someone already asked)

The little robot thingy is the the robot used in Afganinstan (It's part of the GW2 mod that Hornet is in tounge2.gif)

The worm hole-killing people wouldn't be that hard to do, basicly use the bit of code that sees when things go though the stargate, and instead of setposing them, it kills them tounge2.gif

- Ben

All i can say is... WOW. I have been waiting for this for a long, long time. However, does anyone know the class names for the weapons (I want them on different units) before I have to find out for myself? Anywho, after all the work they had to put into the gate, I'm sure some aliens will be a piece of cake. Great job guys!  notworthy.gif

crave

Depbo the stargate PBOs, find the weapon one, open the config.cpp. Find the weapon name, and there'll be a line before it, something like

"StaffweaponName : somethingElse {

name="Staff weapon";

ammo=4343243"

etc

The StaffWeaponName is where the class name is smile_o.gif

- Ben

Thanks guys. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to kill some aliens impersonating civilians!  pistols.gif

um, with that m2 - when i try to download from filefront, i click 'download now', but all it does is refresh the page...

whats up with that?

The original mission I was making is that you go through a star gate and theres enemies all around, I guess I copide and pasted somewhere and the other thing ended up at some mountain. Looks like I stopped just at the rght moment, otherwise i woulda been dead crazy_o.gif

Centimeters from Death....

I did not position the bike like that, I guess I was lucky to stop at that exact time crazy_o.gif but then I drove off rofl.gif

im working on a mission using the gates also but its not about going of to new worlds and look at them and fight alliens

the story will be as followed

the us army seized a very small island where a strong russian brigade was stationed under command of one general lavesjtik when the Us troops captured the island they found not there the general but a strange object put in a hangar and protected heavily.

after some time the us army finds out what the thing is..... a stargate and as it seems the general has fled to a other world thus escaping capture.

because the army wants this to be a secret the ask the help of a black op called Domingo Chavez... he will be the one going after the general only down side is their are three adresses dailed in the last couple of days so it will be your job to track down the general in strange distant worlds.....................

the gates are placed and fully functional (except AI wont go through the first one because its placed in a hangar) now putting the rest of the chess pieces on to the chess board.

( its realy 3 missions in 1 mission AEC island is used to create the worlds maybe ill switch to SWAF Homeland because it has more variety in landscape)

That mission sounds like a pretty good concept. Only gripe I have with it is that you chose Ding Chavez (Yes, I've played Rainbow Six and read the book) as the main character. Personally, you should make up your own name for the character. But that's just my opinion. Good luck with that mission, though!   biggrin_o.gif

To honor the SG developers:

O'Neil: "Wow, what the hell is this thing?"

Carter: "It's a (insert inconceivably complex explaniation here)."

O'Neil: (Grimacing, as though the explaination hurt his heat) AAAHhh! Enough!." (Looks sidelong at Teal'c) "looks.. Neat."

Teal'c: "Indeed."

(gotta be a fan to find the humor in that one)  whistle.gif

Good job!

biggrin_o.gif

Now that is sharp!

I've never been a great fan of SciFi in OFP, but this is one of those exceptions. Its unique, its fun, and its well crafted.

I've always wanted to step through a Stargate ever since I watched the Kurt Russell movie version. Thanks.

um, with that m2 - when i try to download from filefront, i click 'download now', but all it does is refresh the page...

whats up with that?

please oh please answer

dont know whats happening with yours. i just clicked download now. and it brought it up ok to download.

i guess ask for another mirror maybe?

Here is a download link for the m2   50'cal

lol janky you made the diving board from hell smile_o.gif

And to anyone needing enemy's to fight, if your not picky ofp has a good assortment of scifi mods/addons to use.

And with a little config work you'll have more enemy's than you can handle smile_o.gif

They want to kill you

I keep finding out that I can't lead to save my ass. Take out a full team and they all die. And when I gate back, a pile of dead travel with me sad_o.gif Not sure if it a bug or not but it's a good reminder that I suck in the leadership department smile_o.gif

Hehe another reason the TV show needs to adopt the weasel instaed of that little piece of crap with the 50 cal on it's back.

I come in peac.....AHHHHHH!!!!

well ding chavez is only a concept name at the moment (i couldn't find a better name yet tounge2.gif )