Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Ditto, everything I wanna say has already been said - innovative, cool PC screens, cool animations, cool watery effects, cool iris effect, cool weapons....just brilliant! Now all we need is Armed Assault so we can have a decent indoor area for the Earth stargate... whistle.gif

It would be cool if we had a UGV i think thats what there called..

UGV [unmanned Ground Vehical]

maybe have one with a machine gun on.. we have UAVs so why not lol.. same concept but Quad Sized..

it would be cool lol  tounge2.gif

You mean a MALP tounge2.gif and also from the movie one was named FRED, yea, I think that was from the movie but it could have been one of the episodes. Yes it would be nice to have the GDO's and iris codes so that if you don't send the right code you get slammed right into the iris on the other side tounge2.gif and I love the dialing computors, they work just like they do on the show. Now all we need is some real Jaffa, some SG teams, the rest of the SGC, and some death gliders.

Supurb mod i love the series and now this addon WOW   yay.gif

SG team and give 'em P90's... and (maybe) add Iris to the gate.

There is already a working iris wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Not to continue off-topic and turn this into a "Why Sci-Fi" Thread....I just watch for Amanda Tapping..... notworthy.gif

Brilliant, I just tested throwing my grenades through the stargate and it works perfectly, what better way to come through a guarded gate than to through a smoke and/or flashbang through tounge2.gif .

Just tested it now, brilliant stuff! works perfectly. Im glad to see more and more Sci-Fi mods and addons coming out of the community lately, with the star wars,jerrasic park, and C&C mods. It makes a nice change from the usuall highly realistic historicle and modern era addons that have been pumped out the last few years.

One thing, how hard would it be to make this MPable?

It seems to be okay if both people activate it (To the same place), so it'd just be a case of sending the start-the-gate-up thing on all clients and the server.

Other than it only starting on one PC, it works fine, if another player gets in the car with me, and I drive though, we both get teleported etc smile_o.gif

Excelent work, it's the coolest looking thing I've seen in OFP :P (The animation is.. amazing biggrin_o.gif)

- Ben

Would anyone know of a map with diverse geographical locations and plant life. But with a minimal human presence( houses and buildings). I need to remember how to merge maps again.

heh, it's kinda funny how much you can dress up your gate with just a circle of stones smile_o.gif

well there is homeland by berghoff im im not mistaken

homeland consist off 4 different parst desert/jungle/lush/winter

he made a island with everything together and also one with al the islands loose so defintly a SG island i whould say

Man something weird happened to me. Usualy when I throw grenades through the gate they come out the other side, but on one occasion, I throw 2 grenades into the gate and both shot back out at me crazy_o.gif they nearly killed me. But the other times they were perfectly fine.

Ok getting to the point. If the SG mod team is looking for help I could probably lend a hand, and I noticed a few problems which could be fixed. The one that I think is most important is to have the sound of the wormhole disengaging, cause right now it just kind of shuts down and the sound isn't there.

I am glad that a stargate mod is finally available.

Now, we may have a chance to fight the Goahulds(..or whaterever they are called..) the right way. I have always find that in the tvshow, the stargate team just keep walking and talking in the forest and lay down their weapons as soon as they meet someone goodnight.gif

About the addon, I sense that it won`t be possible... but could it serve as a bridge between maps?

You would enter Everon and exit Malden. Now, THAT would be cool.. The time that you would spend in the vortex would be the charging of the new map.

@ Kyle: thats what u get for throwing grenades at the other side.. the people there threw them back tounge2.gif

@run: no its not possible. the mission would have to end and then a new mission loaded. so you would need abort or completed that mission.. and then load the new one manualy..

unless...

unless u did it with a campaign which autoloads missions for you...

you would place 2 SG gates in your mission.. the other one so far out of the mission base it wouldnt be acesseable via normal game play... then the objective be to get to the one gate.. when u walk thru it transport u to gate 2.. and at gate 2 it would have a trigger that ends the mission as soon as the player is detected.. then load the new map with the gate whereever u want it.. the player near it.. and give the illision that it transported u to a new island

you would place 2 SG gates in your mission.. the other one so far out of the mission base it wouldnt be acesseable via normal game play... then the objective be to get to the one gate.. when u walk thru it transport u to gate 2.. and at gate 2 it would have a trigger that ends the mission as soon as the player is detected.. then load the new map with the gate whereever u want it.. the player near it.. and give the illision that it transported u to a new island

Yea but you see thats impossible, because stargates only work from planet to planet, they are only interplanetary not intraplanetary (can't go from one place to another on the same planet). You can have more than one gate on a planet but could only use one at a time, they work alot like telephones, and having two gates on one planet is like two phones on one phone line, only when one is activated the others can't be.

Also, the grenades, thats impossible too cause matter can only travel one way through an open wormhole, which means if they tossed them back, as soon as they hit the event horizon they would vaporize. Should happen to people too, they need to add that, also the bubble thing when it starts up, if you touch that you get vaporized too...

Yea but you see thats impossible, because stargates only work from planet to planet, they are only interplanetary not intraplanetary (can't go from one place to another on the same planet). You can have more than one gate on a planet but could only use one at a time, they work alot like telephones, and having two gates on one planet is like two phones on one phone line, only when one is activated the others can't be

Of course

Silly me...

I`ve edited rts4 from karr, so i could build a gate and dhd with the smal construction vihicle, but when i add 2 gates you can`t go through them, so is there a way to manualy search for new gate`s?

Greets

I`ve edited rts4 from karr, so i could build a gate and dhd with the smal construction vihicle, but when i add 2 gates you can`t go through them, so is there a way to manualy search for new gate`s?

Greets

Maybe you should try running the "createidentity.sqf". huh.gif

Anyways, I am sure it won't be hard to get the gate to work in MP, in fact I could probably do it whistle.gif . Also, I want a friggen old school death glider or puddle jumper so I can do what they call "threading the needle" yay.gif I tried it with that little james bond plane (it worked) but I think a stargate vehicle is more appropriate.

hmm can`t get it working.

my scripting isnt that good so maybe its possible to implement stargate`s in rts3 i think it wil be very cool smile_o.gif

Flew a Jetpack thru works great!

Drove a HMMV thru works great !

Bounced an Abrams thru smile_o.gif

BTW flying a jet Pack thru...Be sure the other SG is not in a town... Really hurts when ya hit a building across from the SG.

rofl.gif

Placed a stargate at the top of a really high cliff, drove a motorcycle at full speed through the other gate, I think I broke the record for highest motorcycle jump in OFP biggrin_o.gif And oooh god I want a jumper, with working engine/weapons pods and DHD and crap.

Greets

Maybe you should try running the "createidentity.sqf".  huh.gif

Anyways, I am sure it won't be hard to get the gate to work in MP, in fact I could probably do it  whistle.gif . Also, I want a friggen old school death glider or puddle jumper so I can do what they call "threading the needle"  yay.gif I tried it with that little james bond plane (it worked) but I think a stargate vehicle is more appropriate.

Yep, I'm so desperate for a death glider I'm thinking of grafting a staff weapon to the x301!

Hope the end holidays on their site doesn't mean Christmas!

I've heard stories about other STARGATE mod's being shut down by MGM in the past. Anyone who tries that with this one will answer to me smile_o.gif

I remember back in the day (around 2002) addonman released a SG1-Unit. Couldn't find it @ ofp.info but fortunely i found it @ my harddrive. It's basically a blackdude with a zipper and a walkie-talkie on his chest with the StarGate Command patch on his shoulder. The addon isen't up to today standards but if anyone wants it I can host @ yoursendit or rapidshare or some other site.

The addons name is stargate_blackcamo_uniform.pbo.

Btw great work on the stargate been waiting so long for this.

Yep I found those guys to. I thought they looked better than that, but I was wrong. Even giving them p90s doesn't help.

I could swore up and down I've seen these guys on my computer somewhereold sgc guys