Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

One thing that would make this mod übercool...

The gates dialled by the DHD don't need to dial, the chevrons lock straight away.

It seems wierd having to spend a long time dialling out from Abydos...

I agree with that, makes it alot more realistic

lol, realistic smile_o.gif?

tounge2.gif  realistic, makes it more like the series and so more realistic  icon_rolleyes.gif ...... to the show   wink_o.gif

I understand , (realistic) in the show the gate is either dialed in or just about dialed in when the team gets there....in TV terms time is money smile_o.gif

I must admit it's funny even in a firefight they dial in pretty quick on the show.     I don't mind the wait but there might be a script you could use for fast dialing and I think it's in a demo mission.

Or you could use the extra time to load up your men with extra weapons like satch/claymores/etc etc.

I would like to see a Jumper too, but there is a big problem the jumper don't has to move in the air. So we have to make a Script that holds a plane in the air if not moving. The rest of a Jumper isn't that difficult. The Jumper has a simple design and can be modelled easy I think.

Jumper

That little Robot as Ammocrate would be great too.

If somebody would like to make the Jumper or the Robot just post here and I will help with config and scripting.

Btw put the stargate in colonel klinks hangar and the Dragan Warrior UAV works great with the gate too.

I like Stargate very very very much, and your addons are cool.

But why the links of your official SG Mod webpage dont work? I have tried some, but....

And...: Are the SG team members of the pics released too?

BTW: The jumper looks stupid for me. I would prefer to work on the deadspeeder (dont know the english name, just the german TODESGLEITER) of the Goa'oulds and on the X-301 because they are cool.

I wish you much luck for the future Stargate Mod.

I have also created a Stargate and a DHD years ago. But they havnt the cool travel function and animations like your very cool stargate!!! respect!

aca_addons11.jpg

I agree the jumper is butt ugly smile_o.gif But I'm glad they finally addressed the need for transportation on the SG series and spin offs. I can't imagine walking everywhere when the nearest city or habitat might be hundreds of miles away.

And with Atlantis ,they have gates in space so the jumper might be kinda cool to try out. And with the gate glider that was on a SG-1 episode the bad guys could have attack/transport through the gate to.

protosmall.jpg

protofire.jpg

Oh by the thats a very nice looking gate you got there acacyn!

Hehe, I gotta admit, for a suposedly more are advanced race, the Goa'uld have pretty stupid ideas when it comes to stationary defenses... (that tower gun is fugly!wink_o.gif.

The Goa'ould are so stupid and ahve so poor weapons because they are the bad guys in SG. In Star Wars the Stormtroopers aer exactly as stupid as "Jaffa elite warriors". Just because they are bad.

And the good ones, the SG-team and so on, have super cool weapons and going around like snipers and can kill a mouse with one shot of a distance of more than 10 km, etc. etc. etc.

Unfortunately there arent really much spaceships or ground speeders, so the SG Mod hasnt very much options which addons they could release.

The Goa'ould are so stupid and ahve so poor weapons because they are the bad guys in SG. In Star Wars the Stormtroopers aer exactly as stupid as "Jaffa elite warriors". Just because they are bad.

And the good ones, the SG-team and so on, have super cool weapons and going around like snipers and can kill a mouse with one shot of a distance of more than 10 km, etc. etc. etc.

Unfortunately there arent really much spaceships or ground speeders, so the SG Mod hasnt very much options which addons they could release.

Except for anubis' drones, they were pretty badass biggrin_o.gif

Well on the other hand they did have the ep testing the staffweapon and p90 against a swinging log. staffweapon was described as a weapon of oppression rather than of war. seems to be naturally not that accurate relying more on the users skill to hit something.

But if you consider this is a galaxy that for thousands of years was ruled by the go'auld most of the humans only had access to primitive weapons the staff weapon could be used in hand to hand combat and was quite effective. and the armour the jaffa wore would be effective against primitive weapons and on top of that the jaffa were used as disposable troops.

so there, a rational explaination of why the sgc always won biggrin_o.gif

Hi im nikki and im a stargate addict help.gif

Well on the other hand they did have the ep testing the staffweapon and p90 against a swinging log. staffweapon was described as a weapon of oppression rather than of war. seems to be naturally not that accurate relying more on the users skill to hit something.

But if you consider this is a galaxy that for thousands of years was ruled by the go'auld most of the humans only had access to primitive weapons the staff weapon could be used in hand to hand combat and was quite effective. and the armour the jaffa wore would be effective against primitive weapons and on top of that the jaffa were used as disposable troops.

so there, a rational explaination of why the sgc always won biggrin_o.gif

Hi im nikki and im a stargate addict  help.gif

LOL , Acknowledgment of your problem is the first step towards recovery. Now take 3 zat'ni'katel blasts to the head and call me in the morning.........oh wait! rofl.gif

Ooops my inner nerd is showing......let me zip that up there!

True enough on the static weapon , looks like crap but they did have a tripod version that looked kinda cool in an episode.

Tea'lc ripped off the gun of a death glider befor, turned into a heavy weapon of sorts. Might be fun to mess around with maybe smile_o.gif

Yes, you mean the series: "The fifth member" Yes, that was typically Teal'C.

BTW: He looks stupid with black hairs!!!

No, but I remember there was something on the site about the next version being released soon. That Promethius looks damn fine, too! thumbs-up.gif

biggrin_o.gif pretty sweet i know

But i was wondering if there was a ny official word on this forum

SGC soldier with P90 was released not long ago.

When and where was it released? Where can I find it?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Stargate mod modification by walmis <walmis@balticum-tv.lt>

It's for all you folks who can't wait for an official update, like me;)

All credit goes to original authors.

Changes:

-New sounds:

-Added "gate shutdown" sound

-New "chevron locked" sound

-Added "Dialing failed" sound, it can be heard when gate cannot open a wormhole.

-Added "gate stop" sound, it can be heard when gate is stopped in mid-dial.

-New "gate open" sound. Sounds really cool;)

-New "DHD" sounds. Can be heard when dhd buttons are pressed.

-Misc modifications:

-DHD now dials as it should (Unlike the slow dialing computer)

You can get it here (click save as or save target as)

Good work walmis, This makes the gates all the faster and the new sounds are great....any chance of the iris sound in the next installment whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It took me awhile to realize that the gates on other worlds don't spin at all ,on the TV series. Although it is kinda sad that the mod team went through all the trouble to animate the movement. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It took me awhile to realize that the gates on other worlds don't spin at all ,on the TV series.   Although it is kinda sad that the mod team went through all the trouble to animate the movement.

However we have a fully functional earth stargate smile_o.gif

I have uploaded an update with iris sounds

HERE

Enjoy! tounge2.gif