Sign in to follow this  
therealFerox

confused about the state of OFP2/nextgen/whatever

Cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. I know that bohemia may be breaking off and ofp2 may be under a different name(hence, next gen, i guess). Is this the latest news we have? or has something else come out.

Either way I am dissapointed I will have to wait even longer for ofp2, being such a fanatical fan of the first, but as long as it comes out in one piece, and hasnt been battlefield2ified or some horrible thing like that, I'll be happy.

Cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. I know that bohemia may be breaking off and ofp2 may be under a different name(hence, next gen, i guess). Is this the latest news we have? or has something else come out.

Either way I am dissapointed I will have to wait even longer for ofp2, being such a fanatical fan of the first, but as long as it comes out in one piece, and hasnt been battlefield2ified or some horrible thing like that, I'll be happy.

I dont understand why you feel disapointed, confused or even why you think you will have to wait longer.

Shouldnt be hard for a fanatical flashpointer to become informed and very reasured about OFP2/nextgen whatever with a quick search and read thru these very informative forums welcome.gif .

Guest Ti0n3r

I too was a bit disappointed when I learned that Game2 wouldnt be out untill late 2006 or later. But then I saw Armed Assault and forgot all about Game2. I know what I will be doing the coming year. biggrin_o.gif

ok i finally found some website who did a preview.

armed assult will be out for pc and it is like op flash 1.5(wonder if that will mean it will be a big seller or will ofp people be like... hey why cant I just download a patch I already have resistance hehe)

and the ofp2/next gen will encorporate many rpgish and realistic features in its single player to make it a more realistic experience... but doesnt explain much about if the multiplayer and editor will remain the same as it was in ofp(god hope so).

so the only thing that remains... is codemasters doing an op flash 2 game of their own without bi studioes?

I mean you do have to admit the whole affair is confusing... it would behove bistudios to make a page on the website with a few paragraphs that explains it all, rather then having to do a google search to find bits and pieces. Either way, I cannot wait to play.

Quote[/b] ]it would behove bistudios to make a page on the website with a few paragraphs that explains it all, rather then having to do a google search to find bits and pieces.

What, like

NGG Press Release

and

<a href="http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/aapressrelease.html" target="_blank">AA

Press Release</a>

Both of which can be found on the BI news forum.

Codemasters will also release a game under the name OFP2.

Hope this helps

Guest Ti0n3r
beter not name it somethin lame like "fight against terrorism"

I dont think any of these games will deal with the joke known as The war on terror.

that games a pisser. Got these game devolper making a game and walking around with Sigs and M16s in there office and then they make a Fairytale game crazy_o.gif

Also. In the secreat page, Was Marek playing that game huh.gif

Ok so AA is a pre game before Game 2. Game 2 is basically OPF2 by Bohemia but the name OPF2 is not official as that is owned by Codemasters who is not working with Bohemia anymore. But Codemasters may release their own OFP2 sometime?

WOE that is confusing to a degree. If that is really the way I understand it.

Or is it that AA will not be released by Codemasters but Bohemia will make OFP2 to be published by codemasters still. If Codemasters releases their own OFP2 using that name but Bohemia is not the developer, then who the hell is? After 4 years no game developer has come close to matching OFP, does Codemasters really know of someone else who can?  And if they do would Bohemia's Game 2 simply blow CM's OFP2 to shreds sense they have the experience and would be leaps ahead of anyone else?

huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

yeah marek was playing that fairytale game in the secret page! rofl.gif

yeah marek was playing that fairytale game in the secret page!  rofl.gif

Dont laugh, maybe you would like it if you got the chance to try it wink_o.gif .

English demo available from Cenega's site. Remember the target market. Imho, it's quite well done and put together for that age-group and interests.

Ok so AA is a pre game before Game 2. Game 2 is basically OPF2 by Bohemia but the name OPF2 is not official as that is owned by Codemasters who is not working with Bohemia anymore. But Codemasters may release their own OFP2 sometime?

WOE that is confusing to a degree. If that is really the way I understand it.

Or is it that AA will not be released by Codemasters but Bohemia will make OFP2 to be published by codemasters still. If Codemasters releases their own OFP2 using that name but Bohemia is not the developer, then who the hell is? After 4 years no game developer has come close to matching OFP, does Codemasters really know of someone else who can? And if they do would Bohemia's Game 2 simply blow CM's OFP2 to shreds sense they have the experience and would be leaps ahead of anyone else?

huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

as I stated in another post, since I believe codemasters is the EA of europe, their " op flash 2" will probably be some rehashed battlefield 2 copy and not a true op flash 2.

I see no reason for any confusion or the need for further threads about something which has already been discussed to death in other threads.

Armed Assault (ArmA) is scheduled for Q4 2005, publisher TBD.

Xbox game is scheduled for Q4 2005, publisher TBD.

Game2 scheduled for Q4 2006, publisher TBD.

Nothing else is important other than knowing that we work hard day in, day out to continue the legacy we created with the release in 2001 of Operation Flashpoint. When there is further news such as names/publishers/exact release dates we will update you smile_o.gif