Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

Hmm...well I just did a test run ingame,my specs are 2 gigs or ram,Ati radeon 9600 pro,P4 2.4 ghz (or somethin like that) and the rest I forget,ironic.

It is also heavily scripted to get all the guages to work (and effectivly),I'll see if we can't get one without the rotor was and stuff,but things like LOAL and LOBL cannot be removed,this apache was made more for a "realistic" experience and we hope we have given that to some standard,if so we will continue to try.

Quote[/b] ]

i get super lag when useing this awsome choper the scripts on it are wow awsome But is there any way to fix that lag instade of not useing the scripts because those scripts should not make it this laggy now making the choper playable is whats it other addons with vary good scripts a lot of scripts in them dont lag like this

I don't know what to say about this; I've tried as hard as possible to ensure this will run well on a variety of systems but as stated in the readme, it can lag depending on specifications. Key notes:

-Any more than 8 of these helicopters will definately give you issues in a crowded battlefield environment

-Turn off the chopper dust! I can't stress this strongly enough. It was implemented for those who like the eye candy with high and low settings, plus off settings - use it!

-If you believe that the scripts are causing all your lag, use the variable fz_ah64scripts = 0 to turn off all scripts. If that doesn't help with your framerates, then I can't offer anything else to help out.

Quote[/b] ]

The Rockets are CRV7s that come in 3 variants: General Purpose Flechette (GPF), Multi-Purpose Sub Munitions (MPSM) and High Explosive Incendiary Semi-Armour Piercing (HEISAP), The Hellfires are AGM 144L/K Hellfire II RF and SAL types.

The MoD's page on the WAH-64D Apache AH.Mk.1's loadouts:

Thanks for the info on the rockets and Hellfires; Have you got any idea if they use a designation for the rockets like M229 or whatnot?

Hmm...well I just did a test run ingame,my specs are 2 gigs or ram,Ati radeon 9600 pro,P4 2.4 ghz (or somethin like that) and the rest I forget,ironic.

It is also heavily scripted to get all the guages to work (and effectivly),I'll see if we can't get one without the rotor was and stuff,but things like LOAL and LOBL cannot be removed,this apache was made more for a "realistic" experience and we hope we have given  that to some standard,if so we will continue to try.

yes ur choper is vary realistic and i love it, its scripts and all smile_o.gif But i just dont know why ur choper is laggy saying its the scripts i dont think it is. i dont know, but othere addons that i have are super script up and thay dont lag. I dont know but ur choper is awsome wink_o.gif looking for that lagg killer pistols.gif

Well the next pack will also be binarized so its size will be smaller and that may also help it.

Well I got to say,dxdll along with the binarize effect really adds to the longbow,it doesnt get the bright "mirror" shine the bis apache does either,and to top it off the size of the file is currently standing at around 50 megs. The TADS and PNVS also appear to have an actual "mirror" effect to em along with better light effects for those that are on about the "needs more light and darkness" on the textures.

@xnodunitx

I am replying to your question about lag, and those that have had lag, what are the computer specs.

My PC Specs:

3.2 ghz CPU from Intel

2 gig of RAM

ATI x850 video

Windows XP for Operating system.

I do want to point out that if I play a mission local on my PC, I do not get lag. I only get lag when play at my Clans Server. I am assuming the lag is do to client vs server scripts, but I am no expert in that area.

I put this chopper into a CTI, and when the chopper is produced, I will get lag in the mission. No chopper, lag goes down. FCM league is also testing with this chopper in one of its missions. There has been some lag. However in the FCM mission we are also testing the mission with the New ECP, so not sure if the lag has something to do with ECP and the Apache scripts working / not working together.

In the testing done of the new Apache, is it just on a LAN with a Local PC, or do you have a server to test missions in MP? If you need help in a place to test the addon on a Server let me, I think I can help out. I realize some scripting can work fine on a client, but put it on a server, and things can change fast.

Even though I mentioned lag, I do want to stress I love this addon, and look forward to any future versions. I realize it is a lot of work, and testing you do to get it out. So thanks for the addon and all the hard work. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I put this chopper into a CTI, and when the chopper is produced, I will get lag in the mission. No chopper, lag goes down. FCM league is also testing with this chopper in one of its missions. There has been some lag. However in the FCM mission we are also testing the mission with the New ECP, so not sure if the lag has something to do with ECP and the Apache scripts working / not working together.

Try preloading the helicopter in the CTI mission, along with a wreck for it and see if that helps you any.

Quote[/b] ]

In the testing done of the new Apache, is it just on a LAN with a Local PC, or do you have a server to test missions in MP? If you need help in a place to test the addon on a Server let me, I think I can help out. I realize some scripting can work fine on a client, but put it on a server, and things can change fast.

Our testing in MP was done with usually me as the host (non-dedicated) with the clients. I had hoped to get it tested on a dedicated server before we released but I ran out of time and didn't know how to setup a dedicated server. I'll try to get in contact with you later on if you don't mind seeing if the latest versions will run properly on a dedicated server.

Quote[/b] ]

Even though I mentioned lag, I do want to stress I love this addon, and look forward to any future versions. I realize it is a lot of work, and testing you do to get it out. So thanks for the addon and all the hard work.

I'm sure with thorough testing we can allieviate some of the issues at hand. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Try preloading the helicopter in the CTI mission, along with a wreck for it and see if that helps you any.

You should pre-load the wreck in any mission. It helps a lot that I noticed.

I've got a question for those of you waiting for the WAH-64/Apache AH Mk1:

Do you want the rocket pods with the aerodynamic, curved fronts, or the traditional "flat" faced rocket pods?

I did have some lag but not unlike all the other addons that cause lag.

I think its the rotor! And doesnt it turn a bit slow? It looks nice though but IMO it could turn a bit faster...

I've got a question for those of you waiting for the WAH-64/Apache AH Mk1:

Do you want the rocket pods with the aerodynamic, curved fronts, or the traditional "flat" faced rocket pods?

All of ours have the curved front AFAIK.

As for the designations of the different types of CRV7, I can't find anything. All British munitions and weaponry have a "Land Service" designation that starts with an L followed by the numbers then an Advancement number that shows what series the weapon is from, similar to the US "M" designation. For example the L85A2 SA-80 assault rifle ("A2" shows it's a second series model), L115A1 Long range rifle and L60A1 Batton Round. So I can tell you that they begin with an "L" but that's it biggrin_o.gif I'd stick with the acronyms on that site I gave you: GPF, MPSM and HEISAP.

Quote[/b] ]

All of ours have the curved front AFAIK.

I've seen some photos of WAH-64s carrying both the traditional rocket pods and the ones with aerodynamic covers, so that's why I posed the question. It seems they use both types; but looking at the photos availible, I'd presume that the rounded ones are more common.

Quote[/b] ]

I'd stick with the acronyms on that site I gave you: GPF, MPSM and HEISAP.

I don't suppose you know what the main rocket warhead they use is. smile_o.gif

Otherwise, I'll give the WAH-64 CRV7 FAT rockets as standard.

bump (sorry but this threads not that old either) Okay small update on the apache,as some may know it has been binarized and the file size is much smaller,aside from this Franze has applied the awesome cfgtexture effect and I gota tell ya,I never seen anything so spectacular

trees8ay.jpg

duskfire5ot.jpg

above0wp.jpg

rearside2rr.jpg

rearside27lo.jpg

I'm sure some of you are thinking "pft these pictures are all edited" but I assure you none of them are,this is exactly what you will see with dxdll+the new apache pack commin up,I'm not sure how well this works without dxdll but its beautiful with it...oh yeah,I wonder what this means http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=longbow29iz.jpg whistle.gif

nice, though the cfgtextures would obtain more visibly in a dark setting with a bundled source of light around

I'm a bit confused by your post ^ but do you mean you want me to get a picture of its side facing the sun directly?

He means you use DXDLL which makes things darker than they really are. whistle.gif

Yeah cause of its desaturate effect,mostly shown in somethin like Hyk's soldiers as the black is actually black and not grayish, but hey I like things dark

bump (sorry but this threads not that old either) Okay small update on the apache,as some may know it has been binarized and the file size is much smaller,aside from this Franze has applied the awesome cfgtexture effect and I gota tell ya,I never seen anything so spectacular

Awesome screenshots! Just beautiful.

1.2 was incredibly stunning. These guys are pros. I really look foreward to the next version.

Hey does anybody have any pictures of WAH-64 hellfire missiles? All I keep getting are blue ones with the inert word but most are at airshows,I seen real (well duds but the body was real) hellfires used on the AH-64D that I was at an airshow,I'm just wonderin if anybody knows if this is the real thing. help.gifbanghead.gif

Nod, you being silly, the US just paints their inert rounds differently.

Black hellfires with "US ARMY" and those shiny boxes on the side (not always reflective but some are). But I always see blue on the WAH-64's

The new CfgMaterials data gives a nice touch to this chopper !

keep up the nice work !

With the next release mostly in need of Franze's work and me out the WAH-64 till I find some of the REAL hellfires I decided to do a side project,WIP.

saraf5sg.jpg

Only picture modification was a "screen" layer to brighten it up,heres the original pic http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/5412/originsaraf4iu.jpg

though the color matches more with the one at the top,wish OFP didnt always make screenshots darker.

Remember,its WIP so please don't nag me about how the camo doesn't match up. Or that theres some olive drab parts still crazy_o.gif *hits self upside the head* doh!