Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

hmmz maybee you guys could change the sound of the chaingun into something better? Because the sound is like 3 shots being fired and then small pause and again the sound, cuz its probally looped... But It makes me think about the old bis shilka! huh.gif Isnt there a better way of doing it? And the sounds can be taken from the video in which ppl got blown to shit by the chaingun...

During the pause you still see bullets flying. It would be really really REALLY cool to have sound that would go on while firing. TATATTATATTATATAATTATATATTATATATATATATAT not TATATATAT __ TATATATAT basicly!  smile_o.gif

I got that file but I'm not sure they'd take it,it is kinda...bad soundin,not real clear sad_o.gif

The only way I'm aware of to make one continous sound is to set soundcontinous to false, set burst to 1 shot and use a sound for only one shot.

The only way I'm aware of to make one continous sound is to set soundcontinous to false, set burst to 1 shot and use a sound for only one shot.

yep, that's the only way. And I don't want it that way. I like the burst firing machinegun. The sound is not that bad, although the BAS Blakhawk DAP sounds is better (that one is actually damn close to the real sound IMO).

Don't change it. And keep the stuff in the action-menu. I like the way it it now. It's not really that much to scroll trough.

There is another sound though I'm not sure you guys would like it,if I recall correctly it is the one used from the older beta's...I could be wrong though,haven't used those in a long time.

Really phantastic work, all the scripting, modeling etc.

I agree though that the textures look at bit dull and not so realistic.

Does the Main Rotor look sometimes erroneous at certain angles, or like it's rotating too slow ?

or is it just me ?

But overall, it's really great work, and btw, it works in VBS1 out of the box!

the burst like sounds are imo not that good, but it wouldnt be hard to change I think.

try playing OFP without sound and see what a difference to the whole gameplay propper sound makes!! Ppl allways say its ok but its faaaarrr from what it COULD be imo...

But Ill just change this addon like the rest with me own sounds!  goodnight.gif

edit

and what about machineguns in OFP, they have nice automatic firing sounds like the SAW from the E&S pack. Im not saying you should use that, but that goes well in full auto?

the bursting sounds are a bit like a saw a real saw, and also as fake as the first bis sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back!

the rest of this addon is excellent and im only discussing not telling ppl what todo offcourse!

Ever seen an apache in real life? It and its cockpits arent exactly eye candy for those who like the pretty cockpits.

The slow moving rotor is just a normal OFP thing,you find this in all helicopters,at certain angles its spinning fast and at others its not spinning quite as fast.

Just so people understand, sound editing is not my/our best capabilities, and to top it off, I don't have the same sound perception that most of you do. But for now, everyone please state which sounds you think are OK and which you think are bad, so we have some idea of where to go with sounds.

And if possible provide us with a recording of the sound you think would work but rememember,sound varies by computers as well as the location it is heard in real life.

If you have a recording you think should or could be used please send it to dreed4@msn.com I regret to say we couldnt use yours SGT_Savage,it was too distant unless the apache's gotten quietter,I remember seeing one at the airshow and it was flyin but to tell you the truth I was also half asleep so I don recall much in terms of sound..

The slow moving rotor is just a normal OFP thing,you find this in all helicopters,at certain angles its spinning fast and at others its not spinning quite as fast.

Ok. I've heard they are trying to slow rotors down to reduce noise signature in Battle Helicopters.

Ever seen an apache in real life? It and its cockpits arent exactly eye candy for those who like the pretty cockpits.

You are absolutely right.- That's what I mean : The textures should look a bit dirtier and more metal like. But i know this is hard with the limited Material capabilites in OFP. Maybe AA will improve this with support of shaders  crazy_o.gif

I've never complained about the cockpit anyway which I think is one of the best ever in OFP Helis

Heh sorry,its just a bit late and I been up all night n day...ready to fall out yaknow what I mean?

Mmm yes I am really looking forward to AA's new texturial graphics hopefully I'll be able to understand how to make em.

Currently I'm still tryin to hone in with the weathering,been adding scratches to the doors and body as well so this next pack should be a bit dirtier but the heavy stuff isn't till later.

The textures at a time were even clearer but size had to be reduced which caused in my opinion a large quality loss.

Sorry to bump the topic I just wanted to inform everyone that we have done a few things and such and are almost ready to release the next US pack along with the WAH-64 with nose sensors,star streak and anything else that may need modifying,I'v also been working on a few of the dutch textures and such,the dutch one will curently be more of a grayish color as thats what I'v seen em in unless somebody would care to provide pics and correct me on this. The high definition pilots are almost done as well,heres a small pic to show,well 2,I guess teasers.

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpockets4ha.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pocketdetail0hl.jpg

Hope ya like em,and at this time with the upcomming WAH-64 release I am trying to find WAH-64 pilots but the most I seen is pilots with brownish helmets and green flight suits (US mostly wears grayish suit with greenish helmet),if anyone knows of a place I can find these pics or has any please send them to me as I'd like to be as accurate as I can with em,also dont want to be accused of "shatting on the helmet"

edit: holy crap when did this topic jump to around 3000 views?

Some,gives me some ideas for the optics mostly,were also experimenting with different nations having different optics,for instance I was doing a little test of putting the new MFD texture on the optics to make it appear that your looking into the MFD (as seen on the "airwolf" video).

I was flying yesterday with joystick and well it flew a bit ehh light like you are flying a bell206. You can turn really fast while going fast and sometimes you loose control and it goes into a strange stall like situation. some more gas and it goes level again. But it was huh.gif

did you guys change the flight ?caracteristics? huh.gif allot?

and I did calibrate and try again but wasnt teh joystick.

I usually fly with keyboard so I can't realy help you there,I do remember Franze telling me he did make it more manueverable or something...some characteristics were changed to make it more life like which for teh usual pilot might cause some issues,I doubt he's gonna change the way it handles though,but I do know he flies with a stick and in our training sessions seems pretty good with it,might also depend on what type your using,I think he uses a wingman..

Glad to hear you guys are liking it,if anyone has any special requests then please Email me at Dreed4@msn.com my current list of apache's to do are

WAH-64

Texture update of the US Army

Dutch Longows

Israeli Black AH-64A's and desert camo AH-64D's

Gray AH-64A

and any other users,I have more on my list bu I currently can't remember them

These are really great! Any chance of you making any other choppers??

....Or maybe a V-22?? wink_o.gif

Oh yes we got quite a line of helicopters in our roster but we can't release any information at this time,nice pic btw shadow,gonna add it to my collection,nice avatar too wink_o.gif

Eh I'm not sure if Franze would mode an Osprey..knowing us as realism freaks we'd be gripin if we couldnt get it to fly like a plane as well as a helicopter,plus theres already an Osprey pack being worked on.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8296

I havent tried it ingame but from the screenshots it does look rather nice.

Wait a minute how'd you get the Kiowa crazy_o.gif

Thanks,we'll make sure to get in contact somehow for the upcommin re release and the WAH-64D with star streak.